Burberry Brit

on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this frag - the almond is so sweet and delicious and the hint of lime perks it up!

on 11/29/2014 3:12:00 PM

I bought the Edp and the initial spray is quite bright with the lime, but it quickly goes away. Then it reminds me of sugared and spiced almonds. 30 minutes go by and I'm getting wafts of it, and it keeps reminding me of a perfume I have smelled before. Then it hits me. It reminded me of Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson, so I searched online to see if anyone else happened to compare it to that perfume, and sure enough I found several reviews stating the same thing! I'm not sure I will continue to wear this anymore since all I can think of when I smell it is that old 80s perfume...

on 11/28/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I believe the picture shown is the EDT and my review is for the EDP (the one with the darker plaid markings). I think the packaging is cute and fitting for this classy sent. It's not usually a scent I would be drawn too, I'm more into deep sweet and spicy type of fragrances. But this is very elegant and office appropriate, great for every day wear. It's not the typical fruity or sweet gourmand perfumes that have been very popular lately but nonetheless a classic.
At first it's powerful and fresh, you can really smell the lime and pear notes. Then after a few minutes it dries down into a warm nutty vanilla, the longer it stays on the warmer and sweeter it becomes. Its so comfy on a crisp fall morning, it's comforting and sophisticated. Also the lasting power on this is great as well as the sillage. I'm glad i gave this a chance!

on 11/26/2014 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

A classy scent. Some may find it too mature, but I like to think of Brit for the confident, irrespective of age. It's woodsy with a hint of sweetness in the almond/vanilla.

on 11/23/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just didn't take to Brit, I am not fond of woodsy notes mixed with lemon..makes me think of a wood polish product the maid used in my parents ' house!! Not that it is awful, it has a Vanillic vibe that is warm, for me, it has a unisex edge, so not my taste...
It is hugely popular, probably because it has a distinctive smell, a bit like cream soda?. With an almondish twist
Nice, but not for me...

on 11/22/2014 12:42:00 PM

Why does this smell like a faux-trendy guy's perfume..? You know the type of perfume- they all have something in common which they share with Brit, an artificial twist that's generally perceived as being "attractive".

on 11/16/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I remember loving this all day when I sampled it in Belk, and still loving it when I bought it for a good price at TJMaxx. However, something in it made my nose itch and I sneezed a lot. I can no longer wear it, but still would recommend to others that like light, crisp, sweet (but not too sweet) fragrances.

on 10/9/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I tried it in the store. I'm not sure if it's long lasting or not, but I do know that the description is so far off from what it really smells like. It's described as fresh and floral, which is the type of scent I never go for. But the description also said, it smelled of pears and almonds which I love, but It doesn't smell like that at all and that's why I didn't like it. It's just an ordinary flowery smell. Boring.

on 10/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought Brit for use as a daytime/office fragrance in the cold weather months. I enjoy fragrances with vanilla and tonka, and I like that this one is balanced with the citrus and pear notes. With that said, it sometimes smells a tad sweet to me. But it lasts an entire day and is not overpowering. I'd buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would honestly be lost without Brit. My boyfriend bought me a small bottle of the EDT for my birthday two years ago and I've worn it ever since! I switch between the EDT and EDP and I absolutely adore both of them. It's the perfect scent for any occasion, dates, parties, work, school, anywhere really. It's fun and playful, yet sensual and sexy at the same time without trying to be. It's very unique, and I receive complements all the time.
The EDT is lighter than the EDP, so I use it in the spring and the summer. You'll smell the lime and pear notes first and then gradually the vanilla and amber. It's VERY zesty in the beginning, but not headache inducing. After an hour or so it becomes much more light and pleasing. I've found the EDP to be much warmer, the lime notes are less prominent but still there, making it somewhat spicy and perfect for the fall and winter. The vanilla and Amber blend so perfectly together, and there's underlying notes that remind me of almond or fig. It's a bit stronger than the EDT and lasts a little while longer. I would HIGHLY RECOMMENDED testing it on your own skin first though, my best friend hated it on her. The only real complaint I have is I desperately wish it would last longer. When I first started wearing the perfume it seemed to last all day but now after 5 or 6 hours I can't smell it at all. I don't mind spraying it more than once but it is a bit pricey for even a small bottle.
Brit is simply perfect, best suited for a younger person maybe 16-30s. It makes you feel beautiful, and really gives you a confidence boost. It's a very sweet scent not overpowering at all, like a soft breeze. It's noticeable if you're sitting next to someone or close to them. It's relaxing, perfect for snuggling up with someone. Brit has become my signature, and it probably will be for many years.

Popular Fragrances