July 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Lovely, warm, intoxicating scent. My current favorite.

I'm an amateur when it comes to perfume. Due to working in a coffee shop for many years, I've rarely been able to wear scents (interferes with coffee smell for customers) and therefore never got into them. Last week I decided it was time to have some nice perfume, and this was the first purchase made with my new-found perfume craving. I'm absolutely in love and I've worn this every day since purchasing. I even spray a little right before I go to bed so I can sit and inhale on my way to sleep. Cannot get enough of this vanilla/almond yumminess. This one really works for me!

Btw, I purchased the edt- it lasts all day for me (the spray before bed that I mentioned above is simply overkill/insanity). I love this scent so much that I have also purchased the edp, due to arrive later this week. Can't wait to compare the two! If it responds to my chemistry as well as the edt, I'll be in heaven!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I've always loved Burberry Brit EDP -- it was love at first sniff for me when it launched in 2003, and I bought it immediately. It had my favorite note, Vanilla -- combined with so many other delicious fruity-gourmand notes.

Here is note list, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Iced pear, Lime, Almond
Heart Notes: Peony
Base Notes: Amber, Tonka bean, Vanilla

How great are those notes? To me, that note list speaks for itself -- personally, I love every one of them. Together, they make a fresh, delicious, interesting scent cocktail. Good for all seasons, all weather, all occasions, all ages.

I love gourmands, and Brit is one I turn to when I want to lighten up -- when I want a gourmand but something more cheerful and less heavy than the ambery-woody-patchouli-musky based gourmands. Brit is fresh, refreshing, cheerful, energizing -- due to the zesty lime and sweet pear, which keep the fragrance light & zingy.

Combined with the vanilla & almond, the overall scent is delicious. I've had a bottle since it launched, and I'll always have Brit EDP in my collection, for as long as they make it

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by addikted

I have bought this time and time again. It is such an easy fragrance to wear. I feel put-together, awake, clean and happy when I put this on..it just works. It's fresh but still has some spice to it. It wears well and stays true all day, without being overpowering at all.

Sometimes I think I smell tobacco (not smoke or ashtrays..tobacco) and there's something which gives it that new leather smell at times too. It's listed as: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

It is not really sweet, I don't wear sweet, yet I think it's the floral and sweet notes of peony, almond, vanilla that balance the lime and the pear citrusy notes that just ends up quite lovely.

Such a well balanced fragrance and one I'm sure I'll keep buying. I think for the price it's a good fragrance that lasts all day and does not wear flat. I wear it in winter and summer, though I think it's probably more summery than winter, it's spice and warmth is there but not dominant.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soft and sweet but use sparingly. Too much and it smells sickenly sweet. Lovely warm drydown. Get lots of compliments. One problem is that everyone is going to be wearing this and it will become like a Justin Bieber record, beautiful but way overplayed.

The packaging is hideous!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by blakie

This is one of my favorite fall-winter scents. It has that really warm and cozy scent that just make you think of sitting in front of a fireplace with a warm blanket around you. When i first sprayed it i actually did'nt like it, it almost smelled sour, but when it's been on my skin for a few minutes it smells amazing! a really nice vanilla-almond scent that still manages not to be oversweet. It is a very classy perfume, and i love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful scent for fall / winter. This is for the woman who wants to feel sexy and be noticed. I have loved and worn this for years. A staple in my fragrance wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fresh, floral, slightly powder, slightly sweet, and a tiny hint of citrus. Love love love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh burberry. I really loved the scent of the edp but ended up buying the edt because I'm not a fan of how strong the edp is. Unfortunately, the edt does not have the vanilla note (or maybe gets overpowered with the alcoholic base note), making it a much less pleasant scent than the edp. Definitely not a feminine scent. The Brit sheer (the pink bottle) is much lovelier.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

As much as I was looking forward to absolutely loving this fragrance, the first time I spritzed it on (and wore it out for a day), I was disappointed. (BOOHOO) The smell was the first thing that lured me into it, and I mean, how could you refuse to smell like Burberry BRIT? It didn't last for too long, in fact, the scent wore away very quickly, but it is quite pungent the first hour or two from application. I'm on the line with this perfume, it's quality certainly does not live up to it's name/price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This perfume is my go-to daytime fragrance. My description of Burberry Brit's Eau de Parfum is soft and romantic. It is one of my more subtle fragrances. When I smell it, I think of an athletic sexy woman wearing a classic fragrance of almond, vanilla, and pear. It is a very mellow scent, not sweet, with warm combinations of amber and mahogany.

This definitely smells like a classic brand fragrance, though not too mature. I set it alongside my Mademoiselle Coco Chanel. The packaging is nothing too intricate- glass bottle with the Burberry cross hatching.

Overall, I recommend this perfume. It's not my HG as I am more of a complex, sexy perfume woman. But this is the perfect combination for a day out, where you don't want it slapping anyone in the face. I got a deal on the 3.3 fl oz bottle, so it will take me a long time to finish it. I will most likely purchase something else when I do.