December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysDouze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I really didn't like this lotion at all. For a greasy lotion in its thickest level, the moisture it gives does not last a day. My legs would get all crackily by the time it was evening, which I absolutely hated. I recommend Aveeno instead; this brand moisturizes like no other

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this based on my husband's feedback. He has extremely dry skin during the winter and a few itchy dry patches year-round. He uses the lotion for overall moisturizing, plus a prescription cortisone cream on the dry spots. He says Eucerin helps more than any lotion he has ever used. He now swears by it and won't use anything else. (Personally, I think it smells odd and is too oily. I actually bought it by accident when I meant to buy Curel.)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kslovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

- EXTREMELY OILY
- grainy feeling?
- NOT MOISTURIZING what-so-ever!

This is almost the worst lotion I've ever tried. It feels very GRAINY on skin, not to mention its like lathering in pure oil...and not moisturizing oil...the kind that just sits on top of skin.
I'll stick to Goldbond Ultimate Moisturizer. It has proven to be the holy grail of intense moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

I'm a little surprised at all of the negative reviews for this product. This is my HG body moisturizer.

Price--at $11 or so, not the least expensive drugstore moisturizer I've ever purchased. However, coupons abound, and I think the benefits more than make up for the higher price.

Packaging--love this in the pump.

Product--perhaps I should qualify this review and say I only use this on my legs and body, never on my face or hands. I live in a fairly dry climate, especially in the winter months, and could not stand that itchy, tight feeling my skin would have when I got out of the shower, especially after shaving. However, I am also not a fan of sticky, scented lotions, and gave up using Gold Bond for precisely that reason.

This stuff, IMO, is fantastic. There is no scent to it, at all, and I cannot overemphasize how important that is to me. I use one pump for each of my legs and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized and smooth. It absorbs cleanly and doesn't leave my legs feeling tacky or greasy. The bottle is huge. All of these things make the price more than worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by indierocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!
I use it at night because of its thick-yet-creamy consistency.

it feels great if you put it on ur hands and rub it until its very warm and apply it to your face in circular motions, upwards.

I have normal skin, so it really works well with me and it does not make me oily or anything so i really suggest it! and a little goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by goldenfae

After my experience with the thick texture of the Original Cream, I figured I should try the Lotion b/c, well, lotions are usually the thinner version of the same product, right? Sort of, but I didn't expect it to be THIS much thinner. The texture and feel of the Lotion is like a thick-ish body oil, which is the complete opposite of the paste-ness of the Cream. On the skin, it behaves like a body oil with all the greasiness inherent in an oil until it eventually sinks in. By itself, the Lotion did nothing for my extremely dry, psoriasis ridden, skin - which is to be expected b/c of how thin it is. I could probably rub Johnson's or Canola on myself with better results for cheaper.

But when layered under the Cream, miracles occur. I get more moisture than I get alone from the Cream and the Cream helps lock it all it. I was completely itch free in months. And without any irritating fragrance, drying menthol, or too much "wax". Unfortunately this combination can get pricey so still on the lookout for 1 moisturizer to solve my problems, but it will do for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I've been trying a lot of lotions lately, since my skin has been dry and bothersome. I have dry, eczema prone, sensitive skin, and I live in the desert. I am sensitive to lotions with a lot of fragrance. I don't want to feel greasy or sticky all day, just moisturized and soft. I want my lotion to sink in and work!

This lotion takes a little bit to sink in, but once it does it does work well to keep my skin moisturized. I find this lotion is greasy until it sinks in all the way. I have to make sure I just use a little (since that's all that's necessary).

To compare: I find the Eucerin Daily Replenishing lotion gives my skin enough moisture, but sinks in a lot faster (and therefore is much less greasy). That one is my favorite body lotion. That being said, I use this on my feet at night with socks, and wake up with super soft feet! I have also tried the Eucerin Original Cream, and the lotion is much easier to spread, even on my feet. I bought the large size of this, and it will last me a long time. When I am ready to repurchase I will probably get the smaller 8 ounce size since I mostly find myself just using this on my feet/hands. Would love to find a travel size of this.
BEST USE: Nightly foot cream/treatment, super dry hands

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by busyatdizzy

I bought this because I have always heard how great this is and when I first used it at the end of the summer when it was still warm, humid and horrible outside it left my skin feeling sticky. Now that it's Fall and the weather has turned cold and damp with an occastional day of dry and warm my skin has been very dry. I use this as soon as I get out of the shower and let it sink into my skin. In reality, the skin on my body has never felt or looked better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not a Eucerin fan. It boasts "dermatologist recommended" on the label and I'm left wondering who these dermatologists are and why they recommend it so highly. Maybe they like to recommend not-so-effective products so dry-skin patients will come in to their offices and keep the business afloat.

Biting sarcasm aside, I can tell you that about 15 years ago, I bought Eucerin during a really harsh winter during which I was spending a lot of time outdoors in extreme conditions. I thought it would perform as well as Nivea or pure cocoa butter, but maybe for a few pennies less. At that time, I was disappointed in the product and left with the impression that it never really moisturized all that well. I decided not to buy Eucerin again.

More recently, someone in my family who has allergic reactions to nearly every moisturizer under the sun, gave me a nearly-full bottle of Eucerin after it disagreed with his skin. So I gave it another try.

I still don't like it. After water, the primary ingredient is mineral oil. For whatever reason, I don't feel like mineral oil is really an effective moisturizer. I've used many oils, pure and hydrogenated, and I have found so many of these other oil-based products to be far more emollient. I also feel that these other oils, after an initial greasy feeling, ultimately absorb better into the skin. Mineral oil-laden Eucerin goes on greasy and stays greasy: it just sits on the surface of the skin as a film, never giving any moisture to the deep layers. The end result is that my skin winds up feeling greasy on the top, dried out underneath.

I'm using the last of the Eucerin on my lower legs, post shaving. My lower legs are one of the few places where I don't notice the objectionable greasiness as much nor do I require significant moisturizing in that area. For areas like my hands, shoulders, and so on, I've gone back to other favorites that deliver longer-lasting, less-greasy moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by rsquaredh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A mest to any skin regiman, good for day wear, gentle makeup removal, and makes the skin and face amazingly soft. Have bought it for a couple years and never will stop buying!