April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by psondra14

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, have been using it for
several years. I'm 80 yrs old, with good skin,
but sensitive/fair. It's smooth and satiny
quality is just great and although costly , lasts
long if used with care. I'm always complimented
on my skin, and I've never had any "work"
done. Just good genes I guess.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm so disappointed by this makeup! From afar, my skin looks radiant, with a nice medium coverage, but up close, it shows that I'm wearing makeup (not natural-looking). Plus, something in it makes my skin itch, which is making me break out. Same thing for the concealer: the colour (porcelain blush) is a great match, but it looks chalky. I much prefer amazing cosmetics’ concealer which just melts into my skin. What a waste of money this was! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by nalala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mi piel tiene rosácea y llevo años probando bases de maquillaje. La última que usé es la Mac Mineralize NC40 y me funcionó bien durante cerca de un año, pero últimamente la piel brillaba mucho y la base se cuarteaba. Así que decidì cambiar de nuevo e intentar con un maquillaje más fino. Leí muchas reseñas sobre La Praire y todos los beneficios que promete. Hoy fui a la tienda y la probé. De inmediato noté mi piel más luminosa! La rojez: perfectamente cubierta y las ojeras también gracias al corrector que viene junto y que es perfectamente compatible. Así, aunque es muy costosa, no resistí y la compré. Escogí el color 'honey beige'? En la noche mi base seguía intacta como si la acabara de aplicar! Mi piel mate y los poros cerrados! En fin es el primer día que la uso pero creo que esta puede ser mi base ideal...actualizaré este post en unas semanas...por ahora me siento muuuuy satisfecha.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by arayesh

Hi, i used most foundation in the market because of my job.This one was like miracle,full coverage but natural nobody can recognize you wear full coverage fondation but your skin is soft and smoot.this product is pricy but you have a one bottle for a long time.I recommend it to every body for all skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This item is an investment... The color golden beige matches my skin perfectly ..(mac nc42 mufe hd 153 nars syracuse ). The finish is medium to full and buildable. Very natural finish in natural light and artificial light. Out of all my foundations I have tried I really like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by changja2

A friend who works at a cosmetics counter gave me the full-sized counter sampler. I always thought $180 for a foundation was just ridiculously overpriced and gimmicky. I normally use Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation and thought it was great. This is a lot nicer than TM as far as the foundation part goes. It really makes my face look silky soft, doesn't settle in pores or fine lines. It just looks like I have super even, smooth skin. I've gotten compliments on my complexion multiple times by strangers since using this. With TM, it can stick to dry patches and without careful blending, sometimes it can be seen that I'm wearing foundation. I still think TM is a good foundation but La Prairie's really is that much nicer.

The reason I didn't give it a 5?
1. I don't like the concealer in the cap - at all. I love my La Prairie brightening pen but this concealer doesn't even match the foundation and is extremely cakey. I can't use it to conceal my dark undereye circles (total reverse raccoon) or cover blemishes.
2. I prefer the pump dispenser like in Lancome's Teint Miracle. It seems that contamination can be an issue with this foundation.
3. Although I usually like the way LP skin care lines smell, I don't really like the way this foundation smells. However, I can only smell it right when I'm dabbing it on. Afterwards, I don't notice it.

So, what to do when I run out (which will take awhile as I only need a small amount each use)? I actually love this enough to spend the $$$. This is a big deal for me considering I normally find spending more than $40 on makeup a waste. I'd rather spend it on skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Mamazonian

I have been using La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation since my early 30s and it is truly the best foundation I have ever used. I have often been told how nice my skin looks when wearing this and it does give a lovely soft but natural finish - not at all cakey. In the last couple of years I have looked around for something a little cheaper and I thought (wrongly) that with new formulations on the market these days I was bound to find something to equal it at a fraction of the price. Anything that was for dry skin made my t-zone oily and oil-free foundations cling to my very dry cheeks. I also felt (wrongly again) that as I was now in my early 40s I needed to find a foundation with a little luminosity rather than the velvety finish of Skin Caviar but having tried a couple of foundations with so called luminosity I found they really didn't do much for my complexion at all, in fact my skin looked a little flat. I'm sure that I have easily wasted the price of a new bottle of La Prairie on other brands that I ended up giving away barely used. Some of my friends think that €150 is ridiculous for a foundation but a bottle does last a really really long time - a small amount goes a long way and you are also saving on not having to buy a separate concealer. Definitely a HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This foundation is like a second skin when applied so although it is pricey I think it is worth it. I use the shade Creme Peche.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Baloe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have an olive skin with yellow undertone (Mac NC40). I have tried samples in the colors soleil peche and golden beige. Golden beige matches best with my skin tone but gives an grey look. I like the soleil pech better because of the red undertone. It lightens up my skin tone. Unfortunately it doesn't matches entirely with my hands. The liquid stays all day. Be careful with your daycare. A thick daycare will probably make the liquid greasy when you have combo skin like mine.
It's an expensive product but worth it. I must say that the Mac foundations also do a fine job but this foundation gives something extra to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tinklebell7

Ummm.. Where to begin? I literally feel as though this cannot be classified as a foundation. It's in a league of it's own! It is, without a doubt, the most amazing product of ANY kind that I have ever used.

I tried this in the shop, and was just so disgusted with the customer service that I refused to get it. The SA was terrible at applying, and was very rude to me (I assume because I am younger and she thought there was no way I was going to buy it). Honestly, the worst customer service I've ever received. I looked in the mirror and.... WOW... nothing... :-| seriously, I thought it was pathetic.. I thought it was a below mediocre foundation, it didn't even stay on until I got home, and it made my small pores look huge!

My boyfriend's mother uses this and always raves (but she's a very different skin tone to me so I couldn't just try hers) so I thought I'd give it another go - she's never been wrong about my makeup/ skincare before and is my go-to for advice. She works for Sisley but has worked for Chanel & Clarins in the past as well, so she's just fantastic when it comes to high end skincare! Anyway, she went to her SA (she also lives in a different area to me, and therefore has a different SA) and got me a sample in two colors (I am in Creme Blush btw). I did love the foundation, but honestly wasn't blown away. It is so expensive ($280 in Australia) but for some bizarre reason when I was feeling like a splurge, despite my subpar experience, I bought it! That was the best decision I have made for my skin in a LONG time!

As I said before, this shouldn't be classified as a foundation. When I describe it to people, I say it's a "skin perfector" used INSTEAD of a foundation! Haha! It honestly makes your skin look PERFECT! I have the most bizarre skin (acne, redness, oily chin and cheeks, but super dry nose and eyelids with random patches of eczema all over the place) and it just makes everything look flawless!

So, I use CHANEL Le Blanc De Chanel base underneath, and it easily lasts all day. It is totally buildable for a light to full coverage (I really mean that - it can give totally sheer or quite full coverage), it gives a slightly dewy finish (not as much as something like Vitalumiere, more similar to Giorgio Armani, but really in a league of it's own), it's SO blendable and easy to work with and stays in the fatty-phase for long enough to finish your entire makeup (meaning your blush, bronzer etc will really blend and put everything together nicely) but then sets to this luminous, perfect... there is no word.. It's like someone has taken off my skin and replaced it with Liv Tylers (p.s. *drool*)!

But wait... there's more... this is actually GOOD for your skin! La Prairie Quote: "You will notice an immediate improvement in the condition and appearance of your skin." IT'S TRUE!! Oh goodness, how true it is! Now, admittedly this did nothing for my eczema or acne, not that I was expecting it to, but it just made my overall complexion more even, brighter, and more glowy. When I was taking it off for the first time it took me ages because I was convinced there was still some on because my normally dull skin was luminous, but really it just made my skin glow naturally! I swear, I am not exaggerating at all! It really made my skin GLOW! Oh, and by the way, I don't have to use a powder with this! It's the most bizarre thing! I ALWAYS use a powder, but I find it just takes away from the perfection this foundation gives you! The finish is perfect, so you don't need powder to mattify, and you certainly don't need to powder it to set or to make it last! I really want to powder it, because I love powdering my face, but it's painful to cover up that beautiful foundation! Sometimes, if I want a really matte finish, I'll pop a little bit of Chanel Poudre Cristalline, but that's very rare and only for a very specific look.

...... I haven't even started on the concealer. Honestly, if it was JUST the concealer alone, even at that price point, I would buy it. BEST concealer I have ever used! Totally natural, great coverage, perfect color (exact match to the foundation), great for under eyes AND blemishes, and I've started using it as a lip & eye primer and it just gives ridiculous staying power. It's remarkable in that you can put it over the oiliest, reddest, bulgiest pimple and it will cover it perfectly ALL day! I suppose I can't comment on whether or not it settles into fine lines under the eye, because I don't really have any as of yet (my under eye problem is puffiness and dark circles) but it doesn't settle into the tiny creases on my eyelids or lips, so I would assume it doesn't settle into fine lines?

Okay, so it's kind of expensive.... well..... REALLY expensive.. But my vitalumiere lasts about 2 months, whereas this has lasted me about 3 months and I've still got well over 50% left and I use it every day! So if you do the math, it equates to about the same price as a Chanel foundation. I'm worried the concealer will run out before the foundation because I use it so much, but I can't tell how deep it goes. If it does, I will honestly have to purchase a new one straight away. I don't think I could live without that concealer now! I'll have to update you on that, because I have no idea how much is left!

This is a product that I will repurchase and repurchase and repurchase and if it ever gets discontinued I will buy it out because I literally don't know what I would do without it! I think maybe "caviar" is really a code word for crack? Haha!

If you have the money, if you don't mind splurging on a good foundation, then I don't recommend you get this - I DEMAND you get it! It's a miracle!

P.S. Packaging is a dream! Ultra luxe!

P.S.S. Stop what you're doing. Just stop. That's it..... now go buy this...... you won't regret it!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No