December 19, 2014 | 1566 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Nymfy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am 29 yo, have sensitive combination skin with breakouts during that time of the month.

I have been using this foundation for 6 years now, due to the price I tried looking for a substitute for the past month (Givenchy photoperfection, YSL toucle eclat foundation, YSL radiant touch, la mer tratment fluid, several Lancome foundations and clinique foundations) and I have to conclude that LP skin caviar is the perfect match for me; it doesn't break me out, looks like my own skin but 10x better, it just glides on, a little goes a long way!

I apply 5 tiny dots over my face and blend with my fingers. The warmth of my fingers makes it blend naturally and look like I am not wearing any makeup. Don't use more at a time, if you need more cover, just apply another layer where necessay. The concealer is a bit on the heavy side but try patting a little around your eyes, I do however use YSL touche eclat under my eyes.

A bottle lasts me 1 year or 1.5 years while another foundation would last me 6 months maximum.

Creme blush is a perfect rose-tinted fair/medium color that matches my face perfectly. I don't believe in making foundation shades work, a perfect match is everything, I'm lucky I found it in LP (and there are heaps of shades available!)

I just ordered my 6th bottle and going on year 7!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 3timesalady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is totally *amazing*! I have gone through two bottles in four years--yes, it lasts that long so the price is not quite as daunting as it seems since you can get two years out of one bottle.

It really doesn't take much at all--just melts right into your skin leaving a flawless healthy finish--not matte, not shiny, just glowy--but does not settle into lines or pores. It gives me the flawless complexion I wish I'd been born with! It truly takes *years* off your face--plus, a number of people think I am not wearing any makeup but just have "great skin". Doesn't get any better than that! It has really improved my skin, which is super-sensitive to everything.

I think it would be great for normal, dry or perhaps combo skin but maybe not oily. I wear no powder with it in the winter but do use a little in the summer when the weather is really hot. This product seems to merge with the skin right away and lasts all day.

I am not wild about the concealer in the cap, although it is ok in a pinch if one forgot one's go-to concealer, which for me is Cle de Peau. I have tried two other high-end brands lately but I prefer the Cle de Peau. But a minor thing in an otherwise perfect foundation...can't live without it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by psondra14

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, have been using it for
several years. I'm 80 yrs old, with good skin,
but sensitive/fair. It's smooth and satiny
quality is just great and although costly , lasts
long if used with care. I'm always complimented
on my skin, and I've never had any "work"
done. Just good genes I guess.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm so disappointed by this makeup! From afar, my skin looks radiant, with a nice medium coverage, but up close, it shows that I'm wearing makeup (not natural-looking). Plus, something in it makes my skin itch, which is making me break out. Same thing for the concealer: the colour (porcelain blush) is a great match, but it looks chalky. I much prefer amazing cosmetics’ concealer which just melts into my skin. What a waste of money this was! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by nalala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mi piel tiene rosácea y llevo años probando bases de maquillaje. La última que usé es la Mac Mineralize NC40 y me funcionó bien durante cerca de un año, pero últimamente la piel brillaba mucho y la base se cuarteaba. Así que decidì cambiar de nuevo e intentar con un maquillaje más fino. Leí muchas reseñas sobre La Praire y todos los beneficios que promete. Hoy fui a la tienda y la probé. De inmediato noté mi piel más luminosa! La rojez: perfectamente cubierta y las ojeras también gracias al corrector que viene junto y que es perfectamente compatible. Así, aunque es muy costosa, no resistí y la compré. Escogí el color 'honey beige'? En la noche mi base seguía intacta como si la acabara de aplicar! Mi piel mate y los poros cerrados! En fin es el primer día que la uso pero creo que esta puede ser mi base ideal...actualizaré este post en unas semanas...por ahora me siento muuuuy satisfecha.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by arayesh

Hi, i used most foundation in the market because of my job.This one was like miracle,full coverage but natural nobody can recognize you wear full coverage fondation but your skin is soft and smoot.this product is pricy but you have a one bottle for a long time.I recommend it to every body for all skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This item is an investment... The color golden beige matches my skin perfectly ..(mac nc42 mufe hd 153 nars syracuse ). The finish is medium to full and buildable. Very natural finish in natural light and artificial light. Out of all my foundations I have tried I really like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by changja2

A friend who works at a cosmetics counter gave me the full-sized counter sampler. I always thought $180 for a foundation was just ridiculously overpriced and gimmicky. I normally use Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation and thought it was great. This is a lot nicer than TM as far as the foundation part goes. It really makes my face look silky soft, doesn't settle in pores or fine lines. It just looks like I have super even, smooth skin. I've gotten compliments on my complexion multiple times by strangers since using this. With TM, it can stick to dry patches and without careful blending, sometimes it can be seen that I'm wearing foundation. I still think TM is a good foundation but La Prairie's really is that much nicer.

The reason I didn't give it a 5?
1. I don't like the concealer in the cap - at all. I love my La Prairie brightening pen but this concealer doesn't even match the foundation and is extremely cakey. I can't use it to conceal my dark undereye circles (total reverse raccoon) or cover blemishes.
2. I prefer the pump dispenser like in Lancome's Teint Miracle. It seems that contamination can be an issue with this foundation.
3. Although I usually like the way LP skin care lines smell, I don't really like the way this foundation smells. However, I can only smell it right when I'm dabbing it on. Afterwards, I don't notice it.

So, what to do when I run out (which will take awhile as I only need a small amount each use)? I actually love this enough to spend the $$$. This is a big deal for me considering I normally find spending more than $40 on makeup a waste. I'd rather spend it on skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Mamazonian

I have been using La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation since my early 30s and it is truly the best foundation I have ever used. I have often been told how nice my skin looks when wearing this and it does give a lovely soft but natural finish - not at all cakey. In the last couple of years I have looked around for something a little cheaper and I thought (wrongly) that with new formulations on the market these days I was bound to find something to equal it at a fraction of the price. Anything that was for dry skin made my t-zone oily and oil-free foundations cling to my very dry cheeks. I also felt (wrongly again) that as I was now in my early 40s I needed to find a foundation with a little luminosity rather than the velvety finish of Skin Caviar but having tried a couple of foundations with so called luminosity I found they really didn't do much for my complexion at all, in fact my skin looked a little flat. I'm sure that I have easily wasted the price of a new bottle of La Prairie on other brands that I ended up giving away barely used. Some of my friends think that €150 is ridiculous for a foundation but a bottle does last a really really long time - a small amount goes a long way and you are also saving on not having to buy a separate concealer. Definitely a HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This foundation is like a second skin when applied so although it is pricey I think it is worth it. I use the shade Creme Peche.