April 18, 2014 | 1890 users online

Foundations - Erno Laszlo - Absolute Finish Finishing Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new HG foundation. It is head and shoulders above anything else I've used. This stuff is just in a completely different league, and worth what you pay if you want to splurge on something really nice for yourself. This is a whipped foundation which looks really dark in the tub. You don't need much - it spreads easily and melts into your skin, creating a "perfect", poreless, glowing look, with a multi-spectrum sunscreen. This makeup feels completely lightweight - I can't feel it at all when it's on. I am in love with this stuff and I will absolutely buy it again. Make sure to have a Laszlo rep help you match your color, because the colors look deceiving when they are in the pot. I'm not crazy about having to dip my finger into the jar every time, but I make sure that my fingers are clean, and it's probably okay. The product comes with a spatula to lift out the product, which works well enough until you lose it :) I just like the control of using my fingers. Try this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

I so wanted to like this, but for me it does not work mainly because it emphasizes any flakes I may have. I have oily skin in the summer, but due to the harsh winters where I live, my skin can dry out in the winter which means flaky skin in places. This foundation emphasizes flakes I did not even know I had. Other than that I really loved the coverage, application, and consistency of this foundation so if flakes are not an issue for you then this would be a good one to try. For me, I guess I will keep looking for a good winter foundation.....

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by rose88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first review so Im so excited first of all but even more so to say ive tried SOOOO many expensive foundations, and ive FINALLY found one Im completely satisfied with. This is so great. Laszlo doesnt get enough press for there product and where I live they might start to phase it out. I hope not. No one buys it here at my Dillards store and my Macys doesnt sell it anymore. Please give it a try you wont regret it. If you dont like, return. Since finding Shiseido I havent looked back. This is perfect for my acne prone sensitive skin. Love it Jan. 22nd 2010

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference: dry, sensitive, pale NW10 Rosacean skin. I bought this foundation in the lightest shade #901 Porcelain for half retail price along with the Duo-Phase Pressed Powder for Extremely Dry to Slightly Dry Skin. This is a very unique, strange foundation. It looks like mousse (frosting) and it feels like mousse. Very, very light-weight and airy yet very pigmented. It comes in a ridiculous small jar (.15g/0.53OZ) with a little plastic spoon. Very short ingredients list with ingredients like Emu Oil (!) and Salicylic Acid; no added fragrance but the foundation has a slight, kinda weird smell. It contains SPF15. I apply with my fingers, placing little dots all over my face and then blend in. The coverage is moderate and it leaves a matte finish. It has a tendency to cling on to dry patches so exfoliating prior to using this foundation is a must IMO. I set it with the EL Duo-Phase Pressed Powder in #Translucent Light. #Porcelain is a decent match to my cool- to neutraltoned pale skin, although a tad on the pink side. I prefer a slightly yellowtoned foundation to even out my ruddy cheeks. So far I didn't experience any breakouts or irritations but I'll update later on. Overall nice, but expensive foundation. I'm not sure yet whether or not I would repurchase. Update: I don't think I like this foundation that much after all. It looks too matte and does flake a bit; I guess my skin is just too dry. *Pics in My Profile* *PPP Foundations List on My Notepad*
Active ingredients: ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. Ingredients: cyclomethicone, tribehenin, dimethicone crosspolymer, tocopheryl acetate, emu oil, dimethicone, ascorbic acid, salicylic acid, isopropyl paraben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Texture is a light airy mousse and it looks quite a bit darker in the jar than when on the face. Coverage is medium sheer with first application but very buildable. Goes on completely matte and I thought it would be too dry for my skin, but 6 hours later, my usually shiny but dry skin looked like I had just done my makeup and looked fresh and flawless. I do set all my makeup with loose powder, but will immediately buy this foundation and try the E.L. loose powder as well. I have also tried their undereye concealer and it is awesome. Will review separately. This is not like any foundation I have ever used, and there have been plenty. It's texture is unusual, its performance is amazing. HIghly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by trisha

I really wanted to love this stuff after reading the reviews on MUA, but after purchasing one in Bisque, I quickly put it up for swap. The one good thing is that the shade was a great match. The cons are that it settled into all my fine lines and pores, made my oily skin look really dry, and unless I stood feet away from the mirror, it made my skin look horrible. Maybe I just got a bad batch or something, but I will definitely not be buying this again. I had such high hopes :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by colorexpert2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have tried yet (and I have tried a lot, working in cosmetics for 4 years.) Great coverage with sacrificing glow or lucidity, doesn't get oily (however, I do set with a sheer powder) and I don't break out (with is a feat for me, because usually everything does). Great stuff. Highly recommend. I use porcelain, and I am a NC10-15, Becca Porcelain, Bobbi Alabaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by shbea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG- have used EVERYTHING, Chanel, Estee, etc... powders and liquids. This is one step ALL DAY wonderful. I am NC30-35, dry dry skin, i do self tan my face 1x/week. The color choice isnt great, but i wear Beige and it is fine, no need to set with powder, i use it all over, eyelids and under eyes too. One step and i am done!!! and it stays. I am also in the midst of the Obagi regimen and have mild breakouts and peeling because of it, this stuff doesnt accentuate any of that the way other make up would. Highly recommend.
UPDATE July 2008, even though my skin is dry, in the summer months this makeup doesnt keep my t-zone dry - an issue i hadnt had since highschool, also, a little tired of the color even though it is darker and i am darker - it being summer and all. I am once again on the quest for the HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Annyshka

This is The best foundation i ever tried!!! It's light, the color looks very natural, and not cousin brake outs, and a little goes a long-long way. =) I tried a lot of different foundations from maybellene to Cle de Peau...and Absolute Finish is my favorite beauty product. Thank you Erno Laszlo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by faroreswind

I got this in porcelain off ebay (for about half the retail price!) and it looks lovely. Since it is a fairly heavy foundation, I like to mix it it a bit of sunscreen or moisturizer, and apply it with my fingers. It gives me great coverage without being too heavy. I have a soft glow when I wear this foundation, especially after the first few hours of application. I'm very pleased :)