Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 9/1/2014 10:54:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I bought it because I don't wear very bright colours on a daily basis, so I was looking for a nude/muted colour. I'm quite fair, so on me it looks like a brownish pink, which I think it's perfect. Noticeable, but not bright. It has a nice, moisturizing formula and it's not sticky (I mean it, I find that every moisturizing product sticks to my hair and this one doesn't!). It has a good lasting power, 3-4 hours without eating or drinking (though I find it just fades a little when I drink, so not too bad). The packaging looks nice and expensive and I find it quite sturdy. It doesn't bleed out of my lips, but for more longevity than 3-4 hours I use a lip pencil underneath. I give it 5 lippies because it works really well on me, but my friend that has a slightly darker skin tone can't pull this off. On her lips it looks like concealer, not a flattering look in our opinion... It also has a scent to it, which I quite like (it smells like bubblegum to me), but if you're sensitive to that you may not like it.

I bought this lippie on sale a while back, so i dont remember the exact price, but it was somewhere around ~$3-4; it was a great deal! Unfortunately I cant say i love it, like so many others do.

I found the texture and finish quite nice: smooth, creamy, and dewy. I'm just not a fan of the colour on me. It came out as an odd dark bubblegum pink with too much blue undertones; not flattering on my more yellow toned skin! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but fair - medium skinned ladies with cool undertones.

I much prefer revlon's mauve it over! It's not quite so dark, and more warm/peachy toned.

on 8/9/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

im an NC45 at the moment, quite quite tan :) but sadly this does not work for me. I am obsessed with nude lipsticks and have been watching tons of favorite drugstore nude lipstick videos on youtube and I saw this was very loved and eventhough i hate frosty lipsticks, I got it for seven dollars at Ulta. I tried it on and it looked exactly like my lips which isnt really what I go for. I go for more of a brownish my lips but better. It dries my lips waaay too much & is not flattering at all of my skintone. Im very golden yellow so maybe thats why this coll pink doesnt work. im sad i wasted my
money on this when i could have used something else :( Dont recommend for anyone darker than NC25 if you are yellow undertoned.

on 6/18/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im about an nc45. Im a perfect match to revlon colorstay rich ginger. My lower lip is pink and my top lip is pink rimmed in mauve and purple. This color covers my entire lip and makes both top and bottom the same. The texture is pretty good. The problem is the resulting color. It is pale ashy lavender with a hint of pink.

I dont understand how anyone warm toned and darker than jlo can wear this. I've heard so many good things about this color from other woc. I just dont like it. It is more wearable than the kate moss version 14. That one has no pink tones on me and comes across nude grey. .

on 6/13/2014 10:41:00 PM

My go to nude lip color! so wearable and still looks nice with my pale skin which can be hard for me. I'm on my third tube and I guarantee there will be many more!

on 5/11/2014 2:43:00 PM

Pretty much my go to lipstick. Natural pink color, moisturizing, like all Rimmel lipsticks, and pretty good wear time. Rimmel lipsticks are one of my favorites, drugstore or high end.

on 4/14/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Great color for a MLBB look - perfect if you are pale and cool-toned. I don't have very pigmented lips, and I consider this a my-lips-but-pinker shade.
It is a perfect everyday color, especially for "no makeup" days. This is one of my all time must haves.

It is drying, and for me, requires a heavy balm underneath. The texture is just ok, not my favorite.

on 4/11/2014 1:06:00 PM

Ok so I pretty much love this lipstick.. Why? Because it's pretty much a fool proof mlbb. Need to throw something on for work/school real quick? Airy Fairy. This works in any casual situation because it doesn't look like you're trying too hard, but it leaves a pretty finish that looks better than just plain lips.
You know when you want to look good but you don't want to look like you're trying at all? Airy Fairy is perfect.
The best part is that it's a nude that WORKS for me because most nudes look absolutely terrible on me. They wash me out completely. This somehow doesn't. It's a pretty nude pink that doesn't look like concealer.
I always try other lipsticks for my everyday look, but I always come back to this.
For the record I'm an NC25

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been cleaning out my lipsticks and stumbled upon this gem. What has it been doing sitting in my drawer? This was the first lipstick I ever bought. Nude pink with slight shimmer. It's pretty much fool proof. I actually really like the smell too. There was a lot more hype about this a few years ago and honestly I'm not sure if it's as easy to find anymore

After reading the reviews here, I went out and bought this last night. I love, love, LOVE the color! The perfect, soft nude pink. I am always attracted to beige nudes, but they usually make me look a little washed out. My skin is fair with yellow undertones. This is my lips, but better!

I find the formula is a little drying, but lasting. Will repurchase again and again!

Recommended for Medium Skin