MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 8/6/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is probably the best red red ever. I really loooove the colour but the retro matte texture makes it tricky to spread on my lips. That's the only dissapointing thing to get that gorgeous velvet look on your lips.

on 8/5/2015 10:56:00 PM

When people warn you this lipstick is matte and you need a lip primer/moisterize before using THEY'RE NOT KIDDING. It's not a suggestion, you NEED to have a base before you put it on or you will have the driest, crackliest lips ever.

Having said that, this colour is gorgeous. I personally feel it's bit overwhelming for me (NC15) but I've been told it looks stunning (my friends brother complimented me, same brother that mocked me for spending money on makeup).

Personnally I feel like i'm too pale to wear such a vibrant colour though, it gives a very snow white going to a halloween party or night in town look, not really an everyday look even if I do sometimes treat it like my go to nude lipstick :D I love this lipstick so much it entirely changed my view on red lipsticks.

The matte finish is on point, it's truly matte, no shine, no sheer or sheen, nothing but matte and so vibrant it doesn't even matter if you're in your sweat pants on laundry day with baggy eyes and acne, once you wear this lipstick (or maybe any bright red lipstick) you feel like you can conquer a nation from your couch wearing a three day old t-shirt and mismatched socks.

Mac lipsticks (to me) smell like chocolate. The packaging is a bit boring but it's a pretty sturdy little lipstick. The cap stays on well.

It doesn't last very long when you eat and it definitely leaves stains on cups so you need touchups. Anti-feathering lip stuff won't lock it in other, and it bleeds easily because it's so red a tiny smudge will be completely noticeable.

Definitely claim your territory (be it your bf or a plastic cup at a housewarming thing)!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

wow, the best lipstick i've tried so far! From shade to staying power this is the BEST! I do use it with the Prep and Prime for lips AND the lipliner in Ruby Woo. It stays put for hours and hours, even after meals and drinks. I adore it!!

on 7/28/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Beautiful Classic Red

on 7/21/2015 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ruby Woo is a classic MAC colour. It is a retro matte formula which means that it is more drying than the regular matte lipsticks, but it has excellent staying power. I don't find it to be overly drying, but I do exfoliate and apply a thick layer of lipbalm before going to bed when I know I'll be wearing this the next day. The colour is a perfect true red - slightly blue based - and applies thickly and opaquely. The lipstick is slightly chalkier than other mattes, but doesn't affect the application. Once this colour is on, it is on! It survives for a full day and lasts through eating and drinking (and kissing!). Love this colour, it is a cult product for a good reason.

on 7/21/2015 4:10:00 AM

Nice colour.it is like those high end red colour u expect(matte,elegant and neat).however,it does not last.PLUS IT IS SO PRICEY......

on 7/13/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have purchased other stuff from MAC before but I never got any of their lip products. This is my first lipstick from MAC. I saw one of my friend wearing this to her wedding, her makeup was minimal but this beautiful shade of true red gave her that extra 'oomph' effect. I had to get this after that and Oh.My.God this is just about the most beautiful lipstick I have in my collection and I have a LOT! It's the kind of red that makes your entire face glow and doesn't make your teeth look yellow.
Most mornings when I am not in the mood to get all glamed up I just apply some mascara, highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes and Ruby Woo. This routine gives me a much more brighter and healthy look and the illusion that I got a lot of rest and didn't spend my entire night watching friends on netflix.
Yes I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this.

on 7/7/2015 5:56:00 PM

Love this lipstick! Mac Ruby Woo is an amazing, very wearable red. It is a blue toned shade that stays red and doesn't turn a pinky shade like some other reds. It is matte and does have a waxy texture that can make it harder to apply compared to other lipsticks. However, the colour payoff is fantastic and you just have to make sure your lips are conditioned for the best application. I slick on a little lip balm and simply apply straight from the tube or using a lip brush. As it is so matte, you get a lot of mileage from this lipstick and it lasts for hours with minimal need to touch up. The colour is a classic pin-up red that will suit most skin tones and really brightens the face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Why is this lipstick getting rave reviews? I decided to purchase this on a whim, I'm usually more of a snob girl. Meaning that's all I ever buy, lol. Formula is absolutely awful! it literally drags across your lips like a crappy crayon. Pulls on your lips as well. And then the best part happens about thirty minutes after you put it on, it literally starts caking off. like chunks of this lipstick come off like particles! Way way way too dry for me! I love the color though, and I love the matte lipstick line by MAC but ugh this was way too drying for me. Maybe next time, mac :(

on 6/30/2015 6:08:00 AM

This is my first MAC lipstick and I absolutely love it! It lasts for hours and does not smudge. It's the kind of Red that's sexy and classy and oh, so feminine. It suits almost every skin tone and that's the best part about it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials