April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this many times. It is fantastic for setting/mattifying an oily t-zone. I love the herbal type smell, and it does not cake on my skin, nor clog my pores.

//edit: Just to note, though, that the mattifying effect doesn't last long - you do need to frequently reapply. Hassle! But I personally like repowdering every hour, as I have a slight obsession :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Why on earth anyone would expect coverage out of this (it's not a foundation) is beyond me. I use it to set my Clean foundation and it works great. I happen to like the smell, but wished it had SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by hooshness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this in the limited edition 50th anniversary design, LOVE IT! Apart from that, it works really well, especially on top of Cover Girl Natural Luxe foundation. The combo makes my skin looks so smooth AND natural! Gotta love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the original clean powder in the brown compact. But I hate the new compact design!!! I still use this little gem, but I buy it in it's original packaging off ebay. I don't wear foundation and love to be as natural as possible, but having oily skin and some larger pores in my t-zone makes using a powder a must. Most powders are too cakey and splotchy by the end of the day, but not this one! It smooths over my large pores, controls oil, and looks undetectable. Love noxema, and love the noxema scent it has. If only CG would go back to the old compact design!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by malloryelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It breaks easily.I have the brown package, the normal skin one. I think it's works great, though. Get's rid of shine. But after application, I have to get rid of excess that collects on my nose, but it works great and looks great in picture, I love it because it doesn't mask my skin tone and still let's minor blemishes in. (I don't like to look like a stick figure alot.) I have a little popped blood vessel under my right eye, and I don't like to cover it up because I think it makes my face more unique, if so a flaw.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coverage- very little

Breaks me out

and if you put it in your hand bag it almost always ends up breaking and ruining the bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by pikaahhchu

This was my first powder and it was a bit drying on my skin. The smell was also overwhelming at first and I don't really think I got used to it. When applying the powder, it goes on well. After some time my t-zone (mostly on the sides of my nose) it starts to dry and look flaky. But I thought it had wonderful coverage and it created a very matte clean and a soft powdery (what a surprise!) look. Overall, I have been a biased CG user and I want to try the Smoothers one that could possibly fix my dry flaky problem. The only concern from that product is that its not non-comedogenic (it can clog pores!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by alexlovesmakeupfun

have it in the normal formula,matches the liquid foundation and my skin,sets foundation and lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by stilllovely

This is great for absorbing oil. I use it every Summer.
As most pressed pwders are, it is not high coverage at all. It is sheer and almost translucent.

CoverGirl also have heaps of shades which i really love. I use Creamy Natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is okay for touch ups, and I don't mean for coverage, but to absorb excess oil around the nose. This is strongly fraganced, and while I don't mind the scent, I would prefer no scent at all. I don't use this for coverage, or oil control, I mainly use it to set my makeup. I don't find this to get cakey, and it doesn't overdry my skin. There are better powders out there though.