Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I looove this mascara! I was trying out a few high-end ones (Smashbox, DiorShow, etc.) but I got a sample size of this one in a Macy's GWP and took it on a weekend trip -- and I loved it! I finished the mascaras I was using up and purchased a full-size; so happy I did. The black is super-pigmented and makes my brown lashes look nice and full, and the formula dries quickly and does hold my curl. I will say I have pretty long, lush eyelashes to start with and this mascara adds just enough oomph to open my eyes up but not look over-the-top falsie. (I don't wear eyeliner on an everyday basis so I need my mascara to be on point.) I only use 1 coat, and I also comb through my lashes after application with a clean spoolie to separate and define them a bit more. Like other reviewers note, this is NOT a waterproof formula but IME the staying power is pretty good -- no flaking or smudging, even after 16 hours of wear. I also like the wand on this product: it's bristles, and not a spiky rubber one (hate those!). I have repurchased this twice and will continue to do so; I highly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just an average mascara with a HE price tag in my opinion. Wears well, but not waterproof, thus don't wear it for a wedding. Doesn't flake. Smooth application. Brush separates lashes easily, I don't need to comb after application. No clumps. I find it is very pigmented, but does not keep a curl. Did not irritate my sensitive eyes, so a plus for contact lens wearers.

The formula is just ok (remember it is not waterproof) and it gives a decent amount of volume but this do not hold the curl at all. I will not repurchase. I will stick to Mybelline Colossal waterproof: better wand and better performance for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

got this mascara in a GWP set. i've seen countless youtubers who love it so i was really excited to try it for myself to see what the hype was all about. MEH. i have naturally straight lashes but with most mascaras once i curl it and apply mascara the curl holds. but with this one it immediately made my lashes droop. and it isnt volumizing even. so disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my absolutely favourite mascaras. I've tried many others and although I've found alternatives that I like, this is still my favourite. I have relatively long but thin and light lashes naturally, and this mascara gives me that extra bit of length and volume I need. It's not massively volumizing, but just enough for me. A big plus compared to other mascaras I've tried is that it's so easy to remove at the end of the day. I have repurchased this a few times already and will continue to buy it unless I find something better.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Unlike the majority of the reviews I really like this mascara. I received a sample size in 01 black and have used the entire tube. Unfortunately I put in my review I would not repurchase because this brand is not cruelty free. What I love about this mascara is that it does not clump when applied, I only need 2 coats and what sells me on this mascara is it holds a curl. I have to curl my Asian lashes after applying mascara (I know, I know this isn't the proper way) and this is one of the few mascaras that will stay curled for 10 hours and the curl is very strong. If this brand became cruelty free I would definitely stock up on this mascara.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had no idea what I was getting. I went at the clinique counter, told the lady I want a mascara she shaw that I was young and gave me whatever she thought suitable. I didn't do any research beforehand, which rarely ever happens but yeah, I had no expectations whatsoever for this mascara

I've had it for over a year now, I just leave it in my makeup bag and only reach for it when I want a more natural look.
My eyelashes are long and kinda curled naturally so I don't need lenght but volume and this mascara only does basic things. Nothing overly dramatic or too noticable it makes the "It's there, but it isn't" look.
It's just a good simple mascara to have around for those days that you don't need much or you don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup.
I don't know if I would repurchase tho. It's good to have around but there're definitely better options at this price point.

*I sould also mention that if you try to apply more than two coats it makes the lashes look heavy and it flakes so be carefull with the ammount that you use

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Very flakey. It makes lashes stiff too. I like it for a quick makeup session but otherwise it just sits in my stash. Nahh

This is not a good mascara for stick-straight, hard-to-curl lashes. Once I curled my lashes and applied this, my lashes instantly fell back down. After a couple of months, the mascara dried a bit and it worked better to hold a curl and separate the lashes, but I don't want to wait for a mascara to dry out before I use it.

PROs:
-Nice full brush
-No strong fragrance
-Lengthens

CONs:
-Does not hold a curl
-Flakes off throughout the day

I've tried countless other mascaras over the years, but I always come back to Clinique's High Impact. This is a classic, and for good reason. This gives my lashes fullness and length, and doesn't flake or fade all day. At the end of the day, it comes off easily with makeup remover or just regular old face wash. I don't think I'll stray from High Impact again!

Popular Mascaras