December 21, 2014 | 1258 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Background: Asian with straight eye lashes (lash curler is necessary), with satisfied length naturally.

Wand & Formula-wise:
It has a standard mascara wand, nothing fancy but does the job just fine even for lower lashes.
Good to use from day one unlike some mascara with very wet formula that need to "breath" for a week or two my ex-HG Dejavu), otherwise would make my straight eye lashes downward due to the heaviness of the formula (even after using eye lash curler).

Application & Result-wise:
It gives good amount length and volume, sure not false lashes effect but is very good for day and night time; also it is not clumpy unless it's toward its end of life.
I used to love MAC Zoom lashes that give super volume in comparison even looks like false lashes, but then it's quite clumpy and heavy for an everyday look that I prefer at the moment (office, semi-formal business event).
Dejavu on another hand give great length but I prefer a dryer formula and more volume, as it contains fiber layering would be clumpy.
Just for reference:
Volume: MAC Zoom Lashes (waterproof) > Clinique High Impact (non-waterproof) > Dejavu
Length: Dejavu> Clinique High Impact > MAC Zoom Lashes

Wear-time-wise:
I use the non waterproof version. And it never ever smudges on me!

Removal-wise:
It easily comes off with slightly warm water, so I usually remove during shower. No eye makeup remover needed!!!
I could never go back to waterproof mascara after using this one!

Life-time-wise:
Since I don't wear mascara daily as a regular eye glasses wearer. A GWP sample tube last me over 6-8 months!
Clinique include it almost every GWP! But I would purchase the full size if I run out.

My though:
My GH mascara for 2 years and going strong, great result with smooth application, and effortless removal! LOVE <3

P.S. I also review the Dejavu mascara and MAC Zoom Lashes (waterproof) if you are interested please check-out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got it in Black (01).

Pros:
- does not irritate my eyes
- easy to find at department stores
- darkens lashes but not dramatically
- easy to remove (although I never had issues about hard-to-remove mascara even waterproof ones)

Cons:
- straightens my lashes
- does not volumize enough
- gives me a light raccoon eyes at end of day

Glad I got it as GWP. I like it but there are better ones for the price. Might repurchase in waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara. It isn't clumpy, it's lightweight, it gives great length and definition to the lashes. My lashes are pretty thick and this formula provides the right amount of length for a nice night out while adding a little thickness.

One swipe on the top lashes only for a casual daytime look, two swipes on the top and bottom lashes and your eyes are ready for a night out.

I've never had an issue with smudging, running, flaking, or clumping with this formula. My skin is sensitive and very prone to break-outs, redness, irritation, and freak-outs of many kinds and I have never had a sensitivity problem with Clinique's High Impact Mascara. With many mascaras, you lose some of your lashes due to the harshness of the formula. I have never had this issue with Clinique either.

I cannot speak to the water-proofness of it, but it does come off reasonably well with a regular Dove bar soap and gentle massaging with a washcloth.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is currently the only high end mascara I would ever consider paying full price for. I got this as a free sample at Ulta a while ago and put it aside because I didn't think I would like it, plus I already had to mascaras that I liked just fine. I picked it up on a whim sometime later because I was looking for something other than what the mascaras I already had could give me and I fell in love with it.

This gives a really nice, somewhat natural look; it lasts a long time; holds curl very well; and although it isn't waterproof-it does hold up pretty well under water. I've been caught in the rain pretty badly and only had very little come off-it didn't give me raccoon eyes or anything-I had a dot end up on my cheek after toughing my face. And it's sweatproof as well-I'm someone who, sadly, has overactive sweat glands as well as runny eyes from allergies so often times non-waterproof mascara doesn't hold up very well on me. This one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Like this mascara, a re-discovery. I blew off Clinique mascaras (all EL company mascaras) for decades, but after trying this formulation as well as the waterproof in Black, I can say that I was too hasty. Or maybe they changed the formula. My eyelashes are pitiful, thin, scant, short, but the product went on easily and actually made me look like I had some lashes. Wish it came with a somewhat thinner brush (lots of product on skin due to skimpy eyelashes).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by OrsonWiggles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope. Not worth the money. There's nothing about this mascara that justifies the price. It's fine- but that's about it. It's wickedly clumpy and I have to remove a lot of the product before applying it. I get much better results with drugstore mascaras like the CoverGirl Lash Blast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my HG mascara. I've been using this mascara since high school, and there is absolutely nothing better for me. I have fairly long lashes to begin with, so I can't say how well it works if lashes are problematic for you. However, this stuff gives me long, curled, unclumped, falsie-imitation lashes. I won't buy any other mascara. I only have to use 1 coat if I wiggle the brush through my lashes. I like dramatic eye makeup, and this delivers!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a GWP. Just okay with one coat in that it made my blond eyelashes visible darker but left them straight. With a second coat I got clumping and flaking. There are better mascaras in this line and in drugstore brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by MrsMaple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to buy this and...im so disappointed. For the money its one of the worst I bought. The Clinique curling one is so much better, I don't know why i changed. It does absolutely nothing, no volume length or ...anything. i don't know their return policy (i bought it in another state while on holiday) but i cant stand the hassle. keep your money and ask for samples. no samples, shop somewhere else

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara in a gift with purchase. Due to the actual price, ($16.50) I would not repurchase, but it was a very nice mascara. After having tried Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara years ago and having a horrible experience with it (the mascara ran into my eyes if they watered just a tiny bit and burned HORRIBLY), I swore their mascaras off completely. I tried this product because one, it was free, and it was also a different formula. It is the perfect mascara if you like full, plush, and separated lashes, but you can also build up the thickness due to the formula's slow drying time. Not too slow, though. It have my lashes very good length, and thickness if I wanted it, or feathery, plush lashes, if that's the look I was going for. All in all, a great, adaptable mascara.