Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 6/3/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

One of my favourite mascara's, I don't need big dramatic eyes only a bit of colour and thickening.
This mascara does that job.
What I really like about it is the fact that you can easily remove it at night.
The package is not very flashy our luxurious but for that I got my Chanel lipsticks.
I also like the fact that it is avaible in brown because Black looks to harsh in my face.

on 5/27/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was terrible for me. I bought it on a quest to find a mascara I'm not allergic to, and returned it a few days after purchase.

It created tiny clumps on my individual lashes (making them look bumpy) and clumped lashes together. It did not lengthen my lashes, and it didn't look that dark either. I applied one coat, which really didn't do a thing, then quickly applied another one, which caused all the clumping. It looked so bad, my husband even said, "Maybe you should take it off."

On the bright side, the price isn't bad, the packaging is pretty nice looking, and I wasn't allergic to it.

on 5/25/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hate this mascara (hate it a strong word but, yes, I hate when something is given great reviews yet doesn't deserve them!). It really does nothing for me compared to some other mascaras I've tried (and I've tried and am continuing to try a lot). It doesn't lengthen, give volume, or curl. Even when I use my go-to right now (Maybelline Lash Sensational), because that one just isn't dark enough, I barely see a difference. Big waste of money!

on 5/24/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favorite mascara by far. It gives amazing volume and length without clumping. Mine is kinda old though so it does flake a little, but if it wasn't older it wouldn't flake. I only gave 3 stars for price though because its $16.50 and there is probably a drugstore mascara that can do the same thing. I love this so much it does everything I want.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great mascara!! The formula does not clump and gives me amazing length and volume. My lashes look like I am wearing falsies with this one. It does not flake throughout the day either.

on 4/17/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is doing a bit fat zero for me.
I have used a few samples from Clinique's Bonus times (as it tends to be a staple these days...) and I can see no difference at all between wearing it and not wearing it.
Clinique has improved mascaras a lot - you could guarantee that you would end up with Panda eyes if you had a Clinique mascara on a few years ago, but not any more, so this was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't wear it at the gym though (like I do with EL's Double wear mascara, which won't move an inch no matter what you're doing/rain etc)
I had more lack with other Clinique mascaras, like the High Lengths one, or the High impact curling one, though none really surpasses EL's one for staying power.

on 4/13/2015 6:36:00 PM

This is just a simple mascara for daily using. In my opinion, there is nothing special about it. It doesn't give any volume but it has a buildable formula so you can make your lashes thicker. If you want to make your lashes look natural, I recommend it. But I would not buy it again anyway.

on 3/2/2015 8:37:00 AM

I like using this mascara to create a natural look. As I have very light skin, voluminous mascaras can make my eyes look very noticeable and flashy, so I always have to wear eyeshadow to even it out. This is why I prefer using the high impact mascara during the day to have a pure and down to earth look. If you aim at making each eyelash stand out, I would say this is a great mascara to use, however, if you prefer obvious eyelashes better look for a different more voluminous mascara.
Small suggestion: If you think that the mascara is not outstanding enough, but you want to maintain a subtle look, I suggest using an eyeliner and drawing along the lash line.
Overall, I am very pleased with this product and would repurchase it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Up until I found this product, I was a mascara hater. Gotta admit, I didn't really look around much, since I haven't worn any in years. But I was willing to give this one a try because I love Clinique products. I absolutely hate that clumpy messy spidery smudgy look that some mascaras give you. This is the first time I have bought mascara that isn't from a drugstore brand, and boy, can you tell the difference. This is exactly what I was looking for. It looks super natural yet still dramatic enough for my taste. When I first heard of this, I was worried that one would barely see any effect since so many people talk about how natural it looks. But it's great! It doesn't give a whole lot of volume but makes your eyelashes instantly and visibly longer. A lot of times mascara would give me this "dirty" look that I hate so much that I haven't worn any in years. I love a really clean and fresh look and this is totally in line with that. Also, my eyes tend to swell up and/or the skin around my eyes would get itchy with some mascaras out there, but this really is suited for people with sensitivities/allergies. I also highly appreciate that it doesn't reek like other mascaras, doesn't smell like anything at all actually. I recommend this for a sophisticated, elegant and pure look.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

wish they have a waterproof version