September 2, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

My favorite lotion. My son and my husband are using the daily moisturizer green bottle. Very light but very moisturizing. My second favorite is the lavender in a lavender pump bottle(my teen daughter love it). Always Aveeno in my house all 3 kinds that I mention.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't even express how much I love this lotion. First of all it smells sooo good! Like maraschino cherries and miss Dior combined. However the scent only lingers for a couple of hours. The lotion is light and moisturizing without being greasy. As far as lotions go, it ticks all my boxes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by shady74

Love love love! It ticks all my boxes for a lotion: comes in a pump, easy to spread around, smells great and leaves my skin soft. Already stocked up on several bottles!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jmacfan1

I bought this a couple of days ago and just had to review. This oil/lotion is amazing. Don't be afraid of the word oil in the title it it more of a lotion. It is medium thick and super creamy. It makes my skin feel so good. I used dove before this and it soaked in fairly quickly but the aveeno soaked in even faster. I was shocked. It makes my skin feel so soft and the smell is heavenly. Kind of almondy/ oat mealy like Johnson's baby lotion. My skin stays soft for more than 24 hours. It doesnt bother my very sensitive skin.

Now I live in Oklahoma so it doesn't get real cold here but it's cold enough. The temps don't go below 0 very often but they do stay in the teens twentys and thirtys. This lotion moisturizes my skin very well. I do have to agree with some of the other reviews this probably won't moisturize real well in very cold climates. I probably won't use it in the summer because well I don't use lotion in the summer and summers here are f*cking hot. Using lotion in the summer makes me feel greasy, oily and just ewwww. I use other aveeno products for my hands and face and I have to say I am in love with aveeno. Aveeno please don't stop making the products I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Amberlynx10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this product yesterday, and it was SO exceedingly impressive I actually registered on this site JUST to leave a review. - Let me start by saying I have REALLY dry skin. I too, like lemonz4us, have eczema on my arms (upper, primarily) and minor minor KP near my elbow on my lower arm. The eczema is very, very bad. It's prickly to the touch, and the area always feels tight and uncomfortable. I've tried so many lotions I can't even begin to name them all - any one that advertises any type of 'extreme moisture' including one a doctor told me to use due to my Rosacea (on my face) called Cetaphil. NONE have worked the way I need them to. Rarely did any soften or help the tightness, and those that did were greasy and "sweat" and left me feeling very uncomfortable, especially during the Summer. I purchased this yesterday after having lots of success for my Rosacea with Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion (non-SPF/fragrance free). It calms the redness and swelling due to it's use of oatmeal, which is honestly the holy grail for skin irritation (which is why an oatmeal bath is still a top go to for Chicken Pox).

I bought it at Wal-Mart for $6.99 (though I've seen the product as low at $4.40 when buying my other Aveeno products) and immediately came home and took a shower. It says on the bottle it's best to use right after a shower, so I did. I made sure to take a hot shower because it dries out your skin a little more, and makes it more absorbent. The first coat on my arms (about 2 quarter sized dollops used total) absorbed near instantly. I was shocked, because even the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion took FOREVER to sink in. It also leaves my face greasy sometimes, which I hate. My skin was silky smooth and has NO residue. This was unheard of for me. My prickly bumps had kind've softened but not a lot, so I decided to apply a second coat. That too immediately soaked in with no residue. THREE coats total were used, each obviously decreasing in amount used because I didn't want to over-do it, and finally my skin had had enough and was pleased. All of my redness in the eczema areas faded, and the prickly skin had reduced to minor soft bumps that felt like KP. The area's dryness and tightness was non-existent. My body all over is dry often so I used some there and I felt brand new by the end of application. It was amazing. But, I figured when I went to bed, all the tossing and turning as per usual including temperature changes would leave me dry skinned again come morning-time. I was half right, but interestingly so.

I woke up, my skin was still so soft and the prickly skin was still just soft bumps, but it was indeed dry. I was amazing that despite my tightness returning, the skin hadn't just reverted in texture. It kept this new, soft texture ALL day until my recent before bed application.

I am SO happy with this purchase and I won't change, ever, I don't believe. Aveeno now occupies literally 2/3 of my daily products. The brand is as natural as you can get (most people forget not only do most compounds/chemicals you see in things like this naturally occur, but they're also REALLY necessary in the formula working properly), they don't test on animals, and dermatologists LOVE them. Also I've noticed a lot of people are saying they're surprised the fragrance is light or that it doesn't agitate their skin - it's a natural flagrance. If you do some digging, you'll find the smell is the sweet fragrance of the Almond Oil with a little bit of the Oatmeal lingering in with it. No artificial or created fragrances are involved. So be assured nothing wonky is going on with the formula - it's genuinely all natural/naturally occurring compounds.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I am surprisingly really loving this product. for reference i have super sensitive eczema skin on my arms, and dry skin elsewhere, and KP on my arms (i know , fun right?)
i need my moisturizer to
- absorb quickly
- NOT irritate my skin (especially my eczema parts)
- moisturize well (it's winter after all)
- NOT clog my KP skin

this lotion has all those qualities. where to begin.. hmmm price
it's not that expensive actually ? you get a 12oz bottle for 8.99 (cvs. walgreens etc, so it'll probably be even cheaper elsewhere like target or walmart)
this stuff absorbs instantly, exactly like Cerave Lotion, has the same consistency. Leaves my skin soft, supple to the touch, with no film left behind. It has added fragrance (i prefer none) but miraculously, my sensitive skin hasn't been bothered by it at all. and it's very pleasant. It smells like almond and vanilla? kind of like an Orange Julius (if you remember/know those). Best of all it's cheaper than cerave, which is a plus. Cerave's hyaluronic acid power won't work for me during this time of year . Hyaluronic is great to utilize if you live in a very humid climate, but my climate (SoCal + Winter) is very dry, so HA wont work very well. this stuff uses oils to hydrate and oatmeal to soothe the skin. as well as glycerin to bind water to skin (humectant) and some dimethicone to lock it in.

Water , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed OilSesame , Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate , Glycerin , Hydrogenated Polydecene , Dimethicone , Cetearyl Alcohol , Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel OilOat , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel FlourOat , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG 100 Stearate , Magnesium Aluminium Silicate , Xanthan Gum , Diazolidinyl Urea , Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Lauroyl Lysine , Methylparaben , Ethylparaben , Propylparaben , Sodium Hydroxide , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this lotion! I used a friend's years ago while we were on a trip and one of the first things I got when we returned was my own bottle. I almost never finish lotion bottles because I get bored with the scent quickly or they're not moisturizing enough, but I'm on my third ACMO in less than a year. It's a little more than I'd usually spend on a lotion but to me it's worth it. It moisturizes like an oil but doesn't leave behind an oily feeling. Some people mentioned the smell but it's never bugged me before and doesn't linger on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil, the one with the pink top. :>) Moisturizing OIls are tricky imo. Some are too oily, some not enough. Imo this is special because I think this is called an "oil in water" emulsion type of formula.

I get out of the bath and before I air dry, I start applying this from the neck down. I think that this way the oil in the formula seals the moisture into my skin. The moisture in the formula (the water part) adds to this and makes my skin feel really nice and silky.

The effect does last for several hours, perhaps all day. Aveeno makes a series of these very sensible products that I've used for years and I hope that they do not stop. I do find it's a bit harder to find the basic line since they have added so many more scented products (Active Naturals), so I now purchase them from Amazon in bulk.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer! On my second bottle of this stuff. I really wanted a body oil, but one that soaked in quickly. This is like a hybrid oil/lotion. Moisturizers all day and fast like an oil, but goes on smooth like a lotion. I was worried since it does have fragrance in it, and I am super sensitive. But when I put it on my legs there was no irritation! It is pricey compared to Vaseline, etc. lotions. But if are used to buying more expensive drugstore lotion like Eucerin or Aveeno it is pretty average.
So even though this has fragrance, I approve it for all us fragrance-free product buyers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the smell. It's like sweet almond but it's not overpowering. The texture when you rub it on is so nice. The consistency isn't oily/greasy at all. But this nothing. My hands are super dry after using this. I would not buy again even though I really love the smell. The lavender Aveeno (stress relief) works so much better