Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

4.3

Water, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry but I just DO NOT get the hype about Aveeno products. Everyone seems to rave about them and go on about how marvellous they are, and how moisturising they are and how utterly wonderful they are. Well, they ARENT!. This product in particular does NOTHING for my dry, winter skin - NADA! It kinda smells nice when I put it on and thats it. It sinks in and then 5 minutes later my skin/hands are just as dry as they were before I put it on. I agree with the reviewer below that I may as well just use water for all the good this does. The problem is, its way too light to do any serious moisturising. I notice they make a fanfare on the packaging about "colloidal oatmeal" but the results I get from this cream are completely non-existent. I honestly believe that the people who rave about this product probably have very very slightly dry skin that needs the absolute minimal amount of moisture to feel better. For those of us with extremely dry, tight, prickly winter skin this product is completely pointless. The *only* positive thing I can find about this product is that it smells of almonds which reminds me of cherry bakewell tart. That's pretty much it. I will stick with my unrefined shea butter - its thick, VERY moisturising (the moisture lasts for days) and cheap. It doesnt smell like cherry bakewell tart unfortunately, but at least it does what its supposed to.

Favourite Aveeno lotion! I love the smell - not too strong and does not linger - and feels amazing on my skin. I find the other lotions do not absorb well and feel greasy. This does not in the slightest. It's very relaxing lotion, especially at night, the scent and texture help put me at ease. I have not tried it during the winter, so I will see how the lotion is against the harsh Canadian winters. The packaging is horrible, but that is the same for all Aveeno products (here's hopping they'll change it).

LOVE THIS! The smell is fantastic and it moisturizes really well!!! Febrile enough to use on my little one:) great product!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Bought this for my mom and she loves it. The consistency is good, not as greasy as vegetable oil, but more like a lotion with rich oils. Moisturizing ability is decent. I only took a lippie off because the almond smell is quite strong.

my skin is dry but not flakey and can feel tight at times i have bought this product twice already and it has become my most favorite lotion. i like this stuff because of the thin, lightweight, yet really moisturizing formula that absorbs like a dream and makes skin soft and hydrated without feeling greasy. a lot of lotions take forever to soak in but this does not. to me the smell is absolutely heavenly, a light almond-y scent that is very subtle. i use this product out of the shower, after shaving, which other lotions can irritate my freshly shaven skin, or any time i'm feeling dry. try this if you have given up on other lotions that feel too heavy and greasy. amazing price point as well, easily available at target and ulta, recently saw this at cvs.

My favorite lotion. My son and my husband are using the daily moisturizer green bottle. Very light but very moisturizing. My second favorite is the lavender in a lavender pump bottle(my teen daughter love it). Always Aveeno in my house all 3 kinds that I mention.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't even express how much I love this lotion. First of all it smells sooo good! Like maraschino cherries and miss Dior combined. However the scent only lingers for a couple of hours. The lotion is light and moisturizing without being greasy. As far as lotions go, it ticks all my boxes :)

Love love love! It ticks all my boxes for a lotion: comes in a pump, easy to spread around, smells great and leaves my skin soft. Already stocked up on several bottles!

I bought this a couple of days ago and just had to review. This oil/lotion is amazing. Don't be afraid of the word oil in the title it it more of a lotion. It is medium thick and super creamy. It makes my skin feel so good. I used dove before this and it soaked in fairly quickly but the aveeno soaked in even faster. I was shocked. It makes my skin feel so soft and the smell is heavenly. Kind of almondy/ oat mealy like Johnson's baby lotion. My skin stays soft for more than 24 hours. It doesnt bother my very sensitive skin.

Now I live in Oklahoma so it doesn't get real cold here but it's cold enough. The temps don't go below 0 very often but they do stay in the teens twentys and thirtys. This lotion moisturizes my skin very well. I do have to agree with some of the other reviews this probably won't moisturize real well in very cold climates. I probably won't use it in the summer because well I don't use lotion in the summer and summers here are f*cking hot. Using lotion in the summer makes me feel greasy, oily and just ewwww. I use other aveeno products for my hands and face and I have to say I am in love with aveeno. Aveeno please don't stop making the products I use.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I just bought this product yesterday, and it was SO exceedingly impressive I actually registered on this site JUST to leave a review. - Let me start by saying I have REALLY dry skin. I too, like lemonz4us, have eczema on my arms (upper, primarily) and minor minor KP near my elbow on my lower arm. The eczema is very, very bad. It's prickly to the touch, and the area always feels tight and uncomfortable. I've tried so many lotions I can't even begin to name them all - any one that advertises any type of 'extreme moisture' including one a doctor told me to use due to my Rosacea (on my face) called Cetaphil. NONE have worked the way I need them to. Rarely did any soften or help the tightness, and those that did were greasy and "sweat" and left me feeling very uncomfortable, especially during the Summer. I purchased this yesterday after having lots of success for my Rosacea with Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion (non-SPF/fragrance free). It calms the redness and swelling due to it's use of oatmeal, which is honestly the holy grail for skin irritation (which is why an oatmeal bath is still a top go to for Chicken Pox).

I bought it at Wal-Mart for $6.99 (though I've seen the product as low at $4.40 when buying my other Aveeno products) and immediately came home and took a shower. It says on the bottle it's best to use right after a shower, so I did. I made sure to take a hot shower because it dries out your skin a little more, and makes it more absorbent. The first coat on my arms (about 2 quarter sized dollops used total) absorbed near instantly. I was shocked, because even the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion took FOREVER to sink in. It also leaves my face greasy sometimes, which I hate. My skin was silky smooth and has NO residue. This was unheard of for me. My prickly bumps had kind've softened but not a lot, so I decided to apply a second coat. That too immediately soaked in with no residue. THREE coats total were used, each obviously decreasing in amount used because I didn't want to over-do it, and finally my skin had had enough and was pleased. All of my redness in the eczema areas faded, and the prickly skin had reduced to minor soft bumps that felt like KP. The area's dryness and tightness was non-existent. My body all over is dry often so I used some there and I felt brand new by the end of application. It was amazing. But, I figured when I went to bed, all the tossing and turning as per usual including temperature changes would leave me dry skinned again come morning-time. I was half right, but interestingly so.

I woke up, my skin was still so soft and the prickly skin was still just soft bumps, but it was indeed dry. I was amazing that despite my tightness returning, the skin hadn't just reverted in texture. It kept this new, soft texture ALL day until my recent before bed application.

I am SO happy with this purchase and I won't change, ever, I don't believe. Aveeno now occupies literally 2/3 of my daily products. The brand is as natural as you can get (most people forget not only do most compounds/chemicals you see in things like this naturally occur, but they're also REALLY necessary in the formula working properly), they don't test on animals, and dermatologists LOVE them. Also I've noticed a lot of people are saying they're surprised the fragrance is light or that it doesn't agitate their skin - it's a natural flagrance. If you do some digging, you'll find the smell is the sweet fragrance of the Almond Oil with a little bit of the Oatmeal lingering in with it. No artificial or created fragrances are involved. So be assured nothing wonky is going on with the formula - it's genuinely all natural/naturally occurring compounds.