November 21, 2014 | 1768 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by brunettex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when you're so in love that you can only smile and be happy and just love the other person (in this case, Guerlain L'instant)? That is how I feel right now. I never thought I could do warm/vanilla scents. But it is on me. All over me. I love you so much, Guery.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mdimitrova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't figure it out... i smell it and i like it but i don't think Wow i love this, but its pleasant and welcoming. What draws me to it is the fact that everyone keeps asking what i am wearing and would go as far as follow me to the bathroom and watch it when i take it out of the bag. Random people stop me on the streets and ask me what it is and i can easily say that does not happen with any other. So that is the main reason i buy it as lets face it after a few minutes you adapt to the smell and can very rarely smell your own perfume so what others think is the key, it being your husband, friends, colleagues or just people around you... I like it but prefer the Gucci Guilty smell a lot more, however i never get complimented when wearing the Gucci as nice as it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by theblushbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my all time favorites, this one is comforting and sexy all at once. Using it makes me feel happy, sophisticated, confident, and calmed down. Brings back good memories too :-) I love this, and I use it all the time. That being said, it's more of a cold weather fragrance, not that it can't be used in warm weather, it just strikes me as more of a cold weather fragrance. 90% of the time, I'm wearing either this or Dior J'adore. Also, I hate putting an age on fragrances but this is one of those that doesn't seem better suited for any particular age, absolutely anybody could pull this off. I'm not good with notes, so I'd describe this as soft, yet warm and sexy. It's great for those who love perfume, but don't like/can't wear anything too loud. But it's not boring by any means, I personally find it quite original and have yet to find anything like it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A pretty magnolia/vanilla fragrance that will not offend anyone. Great for the office. Good staying power, sillage fine. Safe but a tad boring for me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by zannyvic

one word: WONDERFUL!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As other reviewers have said, the magnolia stands out strongly in the first half hour then as the basenotes kick in you can smell rose (even though none is listed) mixed in with warm honey. A very safe fragrance, will not disgust anyone but will not grab your man by the 'ehem' and make him crazy for you either.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JELo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent is creamy and acidic at the same time. Very white and floral but also powdery and sweet; the magnolia note is very pronounced. I love the bottle!

On me, the sillage is exceptional and one spritz lasted all day and was not overpowering but definitely noticeable. This is not one of my favorites because I prefer "darker" fragrances (like Midnight Poison and Opium) but it definitely has some appeal.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Red Apple
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Magnolia
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Benzoin, Vanilla, Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this! I am a very harsh critic when it comes to scents, especially florals! This scent is the perfect balance of floral, amber, and citrus. It evokes memories that are just on the tip of your brain, and is unique enough to create new ones. Please try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Belle2112

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only discovered L'Instant de Guerlain earlier this year, but now I wear it all the time - it's my new favourite scent.

One reviewer on here described it as smelling like rice pudding and roses, and I'm with her on that.

I do think the packaging is surprisingly plain for such a pretty and feminine fragrance, but no matter: it's the scent that counts, and this really does smell divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

L'Instant (meaning "the moment") was created 2003 for Guerlain and it's a treasure of mine. Just looking at the bottle makes me smile, it's so luxurious and classic. The scent is oriental, feminine and floral. I recommend that you splurge and buy the Eau de parfume because it will last longer.

Top note: bergamot, mandarin.
Middle note: chinese magnolia, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris.
Base note: vanilla, benzoin, musk, amber.

The moment for this scent is evening, I think it's a bit too heavy for daytime although I wear it all day long : )