April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by theblushbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my all time favorites, this one is comforting and sexy all at once. Using it makes me feel happy, sophisticated, confident, and calmed down. Brings back good memories too :-) I love this, and I use it all the time. That being said, it's more of a cold weather fragrance, not that it can't be used in warm weather, it just strikes me as more of a cold weather fragrance. 90% of the time, I'm wearing either this or Dior J'adore. Also, I hate putting an age on fragrances but this is one of those that doesn't seem better suited for any particular age, absolutely anybody could pull this off. I'm not good with notes, so I'd describe this as soft, yet warm and sexy. It's great for those who love perfume, but don't like/can't wear anything too loud. But it's not boring by any means, I personally find it quite original and have yet to find anything like it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A pretty magnolia/vanilla fragrance that will not offend anyone. Great for the office. Good staying power, sillage fine. Safe but a tad boring for me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by zannyvic

one word: WONDERFUL!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As other reviewers have said, the magnolia stands out strongly in the first half hour then as the basenotes kick in you can smell rose (even though none is listed) mixed in with warm honey. A very safe fragrance, will not disgust anyone but will not grab your man by the 'ehem' and make him crazy for you either.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JELo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent is creamy and acidic at the same time. Very white and floral but also powdery and sweet; the magnolia note is very pronounced. I love the bottle!

On me, the sillage is exceptional and one spritz lasted all day and was not overpowering but definitely noticeable. This is not one of my favorites because I prefer "darker" fragrances (like Midnight Poison and Opium) but it definitely has some appeal.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Red Apple
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Magnolia
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Benzoin, Vanilla, Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this! I am a very harsh critic when it comes to scents, especially florals! This scent is the perfect balance of floral, amber, and citrus. It evokes memories that are just on the tip of your brain, and is unique enough to create new ones. Please try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Belle2112

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only discovered L'Instant de Guerlain earlier this year, but now I wear it all the time - it's my new favourite scent.

One reviewer on here described it as smelling like rice pudding and roses, and I'm with her on that.

I do think the packaging is surprisingly plain for such a pretty and feminine fragrance, but no matter: it's the scent that counts, and this really does smell divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

L'Instant (meaning "the moment") was created 2003 for Guerlain and it's a treasure of mine. Just looking at the bottle makes me smile, it's so luxurious and classic. The scent is oriental, feminine and floral. I recommend that you splurge and buy the Eau de parfume because it will last longer.

Top note: bergamot, mandarin.
Middle note: chinese magnolia, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris.
Base note: vanilla, benzoin, musk, amber.

The moment for this scent is evening, I think it's a bit too heavy for daytime although I wear it all day long : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I first received this as a gift when my fiance took a trip to Paris to visit relatives. Now..realize that I was never much of a "perfume" girl because so many scents give me a massive headache that my fragrance collection is really very limited. Anyway...from the second I first used this I loved the scent--the test would be waiting for the headache. Suffice it to say, I never got a headache!
Since then, this has been my go-to, regular, every day scent. It is clean and not heavy at all, but during the day it leaves a subtle scent. It really feels so fresh!! This is the only scent I've worn where so many people have asked me what scent I'm wearing--because they love it. In fact, I actually had a guy follow me throughout a store one day to find out the name b/c he wanted to purchase it for his wife. I love L'Instant and always get it when I'm in France--it is actually easier to come by there than over here.
I'm also totally in love with Guerlain's L'Heur Bleu--OMG. I love that scent so much..that said, due to our personal body chemistry, we all wear our scents differently. My fave may be your clothspin-over-the-nose scent and visa versa. However, Geurlain just has so many beautiful scents.
Hope this helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by chimpyblue05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the scent of this on a scent strip, but it turned into disgusting baby powder with a hint of jasmine on me. Not only that, it's very strong. I don't know which note makes things turn into baby powder smell, but things do have a tendency to go that way on me, so if you have the same problem, I would steer clear of this fragrance.