Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

on 11/14/2012 8:06:00 PM

My favorite together with Mitsouko. Simply the best. It's not a fragrance, it's a whole atmosphere that surrounds you.

on 11/2/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

You know when you're so in love that you can only smile and be happy and just love the other person (in this case, Guerlain L'instant)? That is how I feel right now. I never thought I could do warm/vanilla scents. But it is on me. All over me. I love you so much, Guery.

on 9/27/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't figure it out... i smell it and i like it but i don't think Wow i love this, but its pleasant and welcoming. What draws me to it is the fact that everyone keeps asking what i am wearing and would go as far as follow me to the bathroom and watch it when i take it out of the bag. Random people stop me on the streets and ask me what it is and i can easily say that does not happen with any other. So that is the main reason i buy it as lets face it after a few minutes you adapt to the smell and can very rarely smell your own perfume so what others think is the key, it being your husband, friends, colleagues or just people around you... I like it but prefer the Gucci Guilty smell a lot more, however i never get complimented when wearing the Gucci as nice as it is.

One of my all time favorites, this one is comforting and sexy all at once. Using it makes me feel happy, sophisticated, confident, and calmed down. Brings back good memories too :-) I love this, and I use it all the time. That being said, it's more of a cold weather fragrance, not that it can't be used in warm weather, it just strikes me as more of a cold weather fragrance. 90% of the time, I'm wearing either this or Dior J'adore. Also, I hate putting an age on fragrances but this is one of those that doesn't seem better suited for any particular age, absolutely anybody could pull this off. I'm not good with notes, so I'd describe this as soft, yet warm and sexy. It's great for those who love perfume, but don't like/can't wear anything too loud. But it's not boring by any means, I personally find it quite original and have yet to find anything like it.

on 7/31/2012 4:29:00 PM

A pretty magnolia/vanilla fragrance that will not offend anyone. Great for the office. Good staying power, sillage fine. Safe but a tad boring for me

on 5/24/2012 11:36:00 PM

one word: WONDERFUL!!

on 2/24/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As other reviewers have said, the magnolia stands out strongly in the first half hour then as the basenotes kick in you can smell rose (even though none is listed) mixed in with warm honey. A very safe fragrance, will not disgust anyone but will not grab your man by the 'ehem' and make him crazy for you either.

on 11/30/2011 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This scent is creamy and acidic at the same time. Very white and floral but also powdery and sweet; the magnolia note is very pronounced. I love the bottle!

On me, the sillage is exceptional and one spritz lasted all day and was not overpowering but definitely noticeable. This is not one of my favorites because I prefer "darker" fragrances (like Midnight Poison and Opium) but it definitely has some appeal.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Red Apple
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Magnolia
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Benzoin, Vanilla, Honey

on 4/14/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this! I am a very harsh critic when it comes to scents, especially florals! This scent is the perfect balance of floral, amber, and citrus. It evokes memories that are just on the tip of your brain, and is unique enough to create new ones. Please try this!

on 12/28/2010 10:52:00 AM

I only discovered L'Instant de Guerlain earlier this year, but now I wear it all the time - it's my new favourite scent.

One reviewer on here described it as smelling like rice pudding and roses, and I'm with her on that.

I do think the packaging is surprisingly plain for such a pretty and feminine fragrance, but no matter: it's the scent that counts, and this really does smell divine.

Popular Fragrances