September 19, 2014 | 1639 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

I don't use this as my regular skin care routine. I use this 3-step programme when my skin starts breaking out (breakouts due to unhealty food, too oily foundation,..)
I do love these products. They keep my skin fresh and clean and get rid of acne. After a few days I already can see the difference.
My brother has an acne prone-skin, so I gave him these products and obligated him to use them twice daily. Now, one month later, his skin looks SO much better.

So, in conclusion, thumbs up for Clinique!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I tried this last year and it worked for a couple of weeks but after a while, it's like my skin has gotten "immune" to the ingredients and started breaking out again so I gave it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by becauseduck

This set absolutely ruined my skin. It cleared up a lot of my acne, and i was pleased for about the first week. I thought that i finally found the solution to my acne!! Then, i realized how drying it was. I started to break out more and more, and now i have spots all over my forehead and also on my cheeks (before using this line i had never broke out on my cheeks before) now my skin is dry, patchy, and worst of all, there are spots all over my face. I wouldn't recommend this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by carolinemas

Is does nothing good for your skin, i do not understand why so many people rate it so much. I am 21 years old and about a year ago I start to get acne, only around my cheeks and chin, but it is pretty bad acne. 6 months ago I was desperate I had tried so many different products and didn't know what to do, also my GP wasn't being helpful at all. I had spent hundreds in cosmetics and nothing seemed to be making any difference so I decided to try Clinique acne solutions as a friend recommended. In the begging I only bought the travel kit because I thought everything was so pricey and i wanted to try before investing £50 in the big kit. Anyways when I first started using it I really thought it was working because my skin was getting really really REALLY dry but the thing is my acne didn't stop coming, but i decided to continuing using it anyway because i know sometimes with cosmetics you need patience before starting seeing results right? so i used the whole travel kit by then my skin was started to get very irritated, red and dry but my spots weren't getting any better but stupidly i went and bought the £50 kit because i really believed that it would start working and those people that work there with their white uniform sound so professional you sort of ended trusting them, plus the amount of good reviews I found online i was sure this product would work. So i continued using it for the next 2 weeks and my skin was just getting worse. this Clinique product is HORRIBLE AND VERY STRONG, and to be fair it feels cheap, it feels like i was just putting bleach on my face or something. After that second week I decided to stop using it and gave my skin a break from any cosmetics for 2 weeks to help it heal. I was left with half of all the products and bad skin, not good!

ps: i don't have sensitive skin, never had a problem before with fairly strong products, so if you have sensitive skin do not go near this products!!!
the oil-free moisturiser is OK, but nothing special
the face wash is bad but not as bad as the cleanser, the cleanser is one of the worst product I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by neenarou

BEFORE READING THIS REVIEW: Everyone has different skin and will react differently to various acne medications. There is no universal acne medication.

I have oily combo skin, oily tzone and dry around my cheeks down to my jaw and around my eyes. I started to break out when I came up to university in august, I am convinced it was because of the water here (well water) and I now only wash my face with bottled water. I was not having cystic acne, or acne that took over my entire face but it was still pretty bad.

I bought this product at Macy's for 30-some dollars and was hoping it would improve my skin, a little...a lot...just something! Well...it did.

I have been using this line for 3 days and I have seen HUGE improvements! My acne hasn't totally cleared up yet but it is significantly better. It is drying out my current pimples and preventing new ones. YES people, it does dry out the skin. So morning and night, after applying the moisturizer that doesn't moisturize, I apply the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Relief to the areas that get most dry, but not to the areas that have acne, because I want those pimples to dry out. MAKE SURE to apply liberally around your eye area and not to wash your eye are with the foaming cleanser or any of the other products because that area is most sensitive and you don't want it to become irritated. The moisture surge is expensive, so try to ask for a sample. I received mine as a part of my free gifts.

Foam cleanser:
Doesnt clean heavy makeup or eye makeup. So I usually use make up wipes then follow with this. I use CVS night makeup wipes.

Clarifying Lotion: This stuff is pretty great. Cleans all the spots the cleanser may have missed. I also feel like it extracts some of my pimples somehow because I normally see puss on it. Pretty cool.

"Moisturizer": Does not moisturize but does it's job due to the benzol peroxide

Apply all the products religiously, morning and night! So far, so good, I will update my review after a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this system for a family member who had her first major breakout this weekend and a bad one at that (you name it: her acne on her chin was red, huge and nasty looking.) She never really had issues with pimples, except for a little pimple here and there (had used acne.org, Stridex, Clean & Clear, etc for maintenance and was lucky that her face stayed clear,) however, this weekend her face was a mess ..... I purchased for her the foam cleanser, the toner and moisturizer and the true hit of the line, the Emergency Lotion which she started using Friday evening, and by this morning, Monday, her face was completely clear!!!!!) The only minor issues she complained about was redness and a little dryness, which I just told her to use more moisturizer in addition to the one in the system, and today she was off to school with a happy and clear face! I have never seen or known of anyone's face that cleared up this fast ..... I am truly wowed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kdmorin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much! Before I started using it I was breaking out so badly on my face, mostly my cheeks and chin. It cleared up my skin in about 1-2 weeks, but it is super drying, and made my face feel really tight and irritated. I searched for a solution for the dryness online, and heard a lot of good things about olive oil, and out of desperation, decided to try it. So after using the face wash and the toner, I put the moisturizer all over, and before it even dries rub in olive oil all over as well. If you put the olive oil too late it will make the moisturizer peel off, so its important to do it fast. Since I've been doing this my skin is super clear, only a small blemish or two at a time, which is normal due to hormones and stuff.
The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5, is because of the drying factor, the packaging is fine, normal for skin care products, although I find that the bottles aren't evenly portioned, as I ran out of moisturizer first, then cleanser, and I still had more than half of the toner left.
All in all great though due to the amazing results! My HG skin care routine! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this line!!! I hope they never discontinue this line!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Ljmarsh

I have used this to clear my acne and use it everyday since and my acne has never returned. Swear by the moisturiser and face wash. The solution is also very good however you had to be careful as it can dry out your skin and cause irritation so I use it every other day. Would defiantly recommend this to anyone with spot prone skin as it actually works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I love this system. I know many people have bad experiences with this but you need to give this TIME! I got the entire system (foam cleanser, toner, moisturizer). I noticed that the system was very drying and by the second day of using it, my skin was flaking everywhere. It was crusty, dry, and no amount of moisturizer could help fix it. It was gross and it lasted for a whole week with this phase. I went back to the Clinique counter and the ladies were freaked out about how bad my face had gotten. They wanted to take me off the system but I refused because my acne was getting in the way and making me feel unconfident. I had an idea to exchange the Acne Solutions Foam wash for the Acne Solutions Soap Bar. I got the soap bar and I realized it was the foam that was causing this horrible dryness. The soap actually worked faster to get rid of my acne. I also bought a jar of the Thirst Relief gel moisturizer and it helped so much with dryness. You must be consistent with this system though. You must use it morning and night all three steps. It will be worth it! This system really does work, you just have to play with it a bit. It's pricy but I find that its worth it and if it doesn't work for you, the ladies will be happy to return or exchange.

Foam- very drying
very little product and runs out fast
helps acne

Toner-refreshing
helped get rid of skin flakes
helped reduce acne a lot

Moisturizer- feels a bit heavy and thick
works very well on acne
moisturizing but not greasy

Soap- helped reduce acne faster than the foam
did not dry me out like the foam did
lasts very long (almost 4 months for me)

I would recommend this system to anyone. It helped with my hormonal and stress acne. I used every cleanser on the market including Proactive which btw is horrible. I will not get off the Clinique system!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No