Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

3.6

Not tested on animals

Castile Soap (Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tall Oil, Potassium Hydroxide), Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract (Awapuhi), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (Bladderwrack), Cymbopogon Martini Oil (Palmarosa), Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Callitris Intratropica Wood Oil (Blue Cypress) *Eco-HarvestĀ®

on 11/21/2013 10:26:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite face wash! I've been using it since I was a teenager, and my face hasn't been this clear and break-out free since I've started combining this with the tea tree oil pads and their moisturizer. The smell definitely takes some time getting used to, but I really like it now. I don't like using fragrant facewashes anymore because they seem unnatural and I'm more aware of all the chemicals that go inside them. The older bottles came with pumps that broke after several use, but the pump on the newer bottles hasn't broken on me yet.

on 11/12/2013 8:33:00 PM

I've been using this for almost a month, and I'll never use another face wash again. I have oily skin that gets dry and flakey in the winter, and somewhat acne-prone with huge pores. I've tried so many face washes, and this is one of the very few that does its job perfectly (Olay total effects cream cleanser is also amazing)! One pump is all you need and it removes all my makeup and leaves my skin soft and squeaky clean. I follow with my regenerist night cream, and my skin has never looked better! Smaller pores, less blackheads, not a single pimple. My skin has gotten smoother and the usual flakes and bumps have all but disappeared. I've even been getting compliments (serious). The price is great too, so I'd definitely give it a shot!

on 11/4/2013 4:41:00 PM

This is a terrible product. I am acne-prone and i have been suffering from a bad breakout recently so i have been trying to find something new to stop the breakouts. My friend recommended this product to me so i bought it. I have very oily but incredibly sensitive skin and after using this twice, my skin feels awful. It's super itchy, peeling everywhere and this gave me more breakouts. I would only recommend this if you have non-sensitive skin because it is incredibly stripping and burns.

on 10/4/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am in love. I have always had really bad acne prone skin and just recently gotten over an overwhelmingly bad breakout last year. Well late into the summer I noticed that my face was starting to flare up again so I started using proactiv with only mild results. While shopping in my local whole foods store an employee mentioned to me that her daughter recently broke out really bad and after trying this product it cleared up drastically. I was a little apprehensive at first, especially with all of the oils in the product. Most people that fight with acne know that oils are a no-no for acne prone skin...but after just two uses of this product I noticed a difference in my acne. I've been using it for about a week now and my acne has cleared up. I will keep you guys posted if I run into any problems but so far this product is god sent.

Update (5/24/14): I have been using this product for a number of months. It is still effective but I realized that I needed to use a toner to help tighten my pores and for added cleansing. Since I am more comfortable using natural solutions on my face, I have been using Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel as a toner. I also use Neutrogena On The Spot Treatment all over my face for the benzoyl peroxide that it contains. I do this regimen twice a day and it has worked wonders. It has not dried out my face and I have noticed that my pores has tightened, less wrinkles, and blemishes are disappearing. I hope that this regimen can help someone else because fighting and dealing with acne is a horrible ordeal. I understand the struggle....but either way please remember that you are still beautiful. :-)

on 9/13/2013 5:20:00 AM

I have been using this face wash for several weeks now, and I have come to really love it. I use 2 pumps, rub it into my face, and then I take my wave, and clean in circular motions for a few minutes. I use this every single night (and then mornings i use cetaphil- which is a bit more gentle. I also use an exfoliator twice a week- once in the a.m. and once in the p.m.). This wash works REALLY WELL. Before i started using it, i would use pure tea tree oil as a spot treatment on my breakouts. I had such good luck, that i wanted to add this to my regimen. Just to clarify too, for those of you who are not having the same luck- be patient and give it a good week-week and a half before you throw in the towel... this is one of those products that can make you break out at first, and your skin appears to be worse, before it gets better. Dont give up on it... when i forst started, i broke out in places i never break out... i got frustrated, but i kept with it and now, i love it. i am so glad i kept with it, because this product is wonderful, and never fails to give my skin exactly what it needs. After I use the wash, i follow up with the toner, and the cream in this product line. The toner is derived from fruits and smells amazing! it put some on a cotton ball and rub all over my face- like any other toner. I use it at night, and the face cream on top of the toner- after it has dried. I give it four lippies... the cons of this product? its really hard to find... the only place i know that sells it is Lunds, nowhere else, and many of the times they are sold out. Also, the price is a bit much. After you buy the face wash, toner, and the cream- your looking at about $50.00- which is a bit much for a drugstore brand. Nevertheless, I still buy it, because i feel its worth every penny. Give it a try... it works awesome on combo skin- that can be so hard to find good products that work on...

on 9/13/2013 4:54:00 AM

Bad product. I get break out a few days after I use this product!!!

on 9/13/2013 4:26:00 AM

I don't understand how this makes peoples skin dry out.. It makes me so oily with the tea tree oil that I really don't even need lotion. I tried this to use as a regular cleanser the days I didn't use my mario badescu glycolic foaming cleanser, but that didn't work out for me. It made me break out so bad, with cystic acne along my jaw line and little white heads on my cheeks/forehead. I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I really didn't like it, at all. It literally feels like putting oil on your face, whcih i love facial oils, but not tea tree oil. Makes my skin go bazurckkkkk (if that's a word). I got it at my local top foods, which has turned into haggen or something like that. it's like 11 or 12 bucks. And for the price, i'd rather throw out three or four more bucks for my mario badescu cleanser.

on 5/20/2013 11:27:00 PM

Pros: favorite cleanser to clean makeup brushes or makeup in general. This stuff strips. I use it sometimes when my face is crazy oily and/or horribly broken out and it does help. I would never use this twice a day, I would never use this in the winter. But it's definitely become a staple in my bathroom. It does not break me out but it probably would if I overused it and didn't moisturize.

on 1/16/2013 3:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There is no cleanser that leaves my skin drier and more stripped than this, but it is oddly kind in that my acne is slowly fading on it and no other cleanser that's gentle does as good a job (like Annemarie Gianni aloe herb cleanser, You Can't Zit Here, simple cleanser, and the many I've tried.) I don't like that it has drying soap of Castile and the very comedogenic Coconut Oil as its top two ingredients. I do like that it's organic and has jojoba oil. I am getting small bumps on my forehead and a blackhead where I don't usually get it, I partly blame this cleanser and partly bee yummy skin food which seems to break everybody out.

on 10/19/2012 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Good organic cleanser (tea tree oil presence can be smelled at every application) for oily skin.

Makes my face feel really clean and i love that feeling.
Does not dry my skin at all as i have oily skin.