July 24, 2014 | 2000 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by franneh

I was so excited to buy Lush Big Shampoo to see if it really lived up to the hype. Picked this up from my local Lush store and tried it the night of. My hair is very fine and straight and I've been looking everywhere for a product that will give me a boost. I used a generous amount and worked it into my roots as directed. So far, so good. The salts really exfoliated my scalp. But the real test would be the next step, which was blowdrying my hair. I was hoping I would be wow'd but instead, I was less than impressed. My hair felt clean but no volume was apparent. Not even in the slightest. So I returned it the next day with no issues. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't do anything for me. I suggest getting a sample of this product to see for yourself before buying. What didn't work on my hair might work on others. Unfortunately this one was a miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this and am quite impressed. It lathers up a quite a bit, is clarifying and has a clean light sent (can't really describe but it smells nice). I tried this in conjunction with the Big Conditioner Bar and I do like the conditioner as well. After I finish the generous-sized sample I received, and if I am still impressed, I will fork out the money for this expensive shampoo. Will update you...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MissSpookiness

I bought this for my boyfriend because he has psoriasis on his head. It works really, really well! The flaking started to reduce and the itching was also becoming less. It will never fully dissappear but it looks better already :)

I used it once also, I have curly hair with dry ends but it does not make my hair dry. When I used up my other shampoo, I'll buy myself this shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by cutestcupid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far I used it over more than a month, le me be specific it lasts for ever comes in a big black jar I liked the packing though....initially it was my holy grail but much later it stared to giving me a weird feel my hair never felt the way it felt before...they were rough hard and dull. idk may be the salt it has might have been an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review of this shampoo on my blog, check it out:

Love the shampoo, very clarifying and adds some volume to the hair. Smells absolutely gorgeous - so fresh and clean. Think it's quite expensive for a shampoo containing natural ingredients to be honest.

x

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Foundationfiend

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't as cheap as drugstore shampoos, but it lasts longer and gives better results. The packaging is simple and is not a big fiddle to open in the shower, it's the closing that's hard, but it's all worth it if you want shiny,soft and smooth hair.

My hair is light brown-blonde and is long yet I only need a 2p size amount meaning if your hair is shorter you will need less or viceversa.

This product adds volume and isn't heavy on your hair or scalp, your hair feels revived and revitalised, use with the conditioner for best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If your hair is matte, this product is for you. Because it softens your hair, also after using it for several times the hair looks more shiny. Whenever used, just a little amount is enough because it foams so much.It is a plentiful product, one can use it for several months. Another important thing is that it is not for daily usage as told before. You should use it alternately with your shampoo.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My overall rating of this shampoo is good. I probably would buy it again from time to time, but there are many other shampoos that cost less and work better. Value for money is poor and packaging is just difficult.
The shampoo does what it says, gives body and shine to thin hair. Somehow it leaves the hair with a squeaky clean feel. The smell is strong when you open the jar, but subsides as you use it. It's a detergent like smell, but not bad at all. I actually quite like it. The product has salt crystal so I don't really scrub my scalp, for fear of the salt having a sandpaper effect.
The shampoo is mild and does not cause me to break out. I have a weird allergy where I break out on my neck and jawline, if I'm not using a good shampoo. So the shampoo is truly full of natural goodness.
There's a reason that shampoos always come in a bottle. The jar makes is difficult to scoop out the product and if you take too little, you are putting in your wet hands into the product. Also makes it difficult to use in the shower, because you have to close the jar with one hand. The jar gets slippery and unscrewing the top is difficult.
All in all, worth a try, but not HG shampoo material.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Loooove this shampoo. It's definitely different, and I put off trying it for a long time because it just seems so weird, but I'm glad I finally did! It's actually really easy to use -- wet your hair, scoop out a decent sized dollop of this, wet it a tiny bit, and massage into your hair. I kind of like the fact that this shampoo is chunky...it feels like I'm exfoliating my scalp, which is really nice! It lathers well and leaves my hair really clean, but shiny and soft at the same time (which not many shampoos can do for my oily hair!). I don't find it adds much volume like it claims to, but I use this more as a clarifying shampoo, since it really gets out grease and product build up. I definitely would not use this every day -- I think it's kind of harsh for that. I use this 1-2 times a week and it's perfect.
I had to take of one lippie for the smell though. This almost smells awesome...very clean and beachy, like the ocean. But along with that nice beachy smell is a really gross fishy scent. I had my roommates smell this and they didn't notice it, but I can totally smell a strong, fishy odor when I use this. I'm assuming it's the seaweed. Thankfully the fishy scent doesn't stick in your hair at least, but I definitely notice it when I'm lathering up and it's not pleasant.
Highly recommend for anyone with fine, oily hair! I promise this stuff is not as scary as it seems! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shoegal2122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the concept of this shampoo. It smells nice, but very strong, I like the smell, but my boyfriend thinks it smells terrible. It is very drying to the hair. I would not recommend for dry or damaged hair. I can definitely tell it clarifies the hair from product buildup and is very abrasive with chunks of sea salt in the shampoo. I do not recommend for daily use since it is very drying.