November 28, 2014 | 1802 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I <3 this . Lush hair products in general are one of my newest obsessions. I wouldn't say this can turn hair into "Texas Hair", however, it does give a bit of bounce. The price is crazy but it does a great job so I may eventually repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping for more after reading the reviews. I can't remember the exact price of this stuff, but I remember it being STEEP. The concept is fun and I like using the shampoo in the shower and how it suds up (guaranteed suds if you use a quarter dollop or more). but the result is always 'meh' for me. I certainly get no added volume and I only have OK hair days when using this. Wish it had performed better, especially for the price. I have a few items from LUSH that I adore, but for the most part I feel as if LUSH products are just overpriced hype. ;-( Oh, I will add that the LUSH "New Hair" shampoo bar (red colored and cinnamon) is one of my favs, even with the high price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about this shampoo having read reviews. I have curly hair that I like to have volume in, rather than it falling flat by the end of the day.

I like the idea of this shampoo with the salt. I like the smell. Unfortunately I didn't notice any real difference in my hair apart from wispy, dry fly aways.

I might continue to use the container every so often to get rid of any product in my hair like a cleanser. But it's definitely not the product I thought it was :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by viaustria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lush products and was hoping to find a shampoo that would help with my dry scalp. I randomly picked up the 'BIG' sample shampoo and instantly loved the smell. BIG smells like clean laundry...almost like the scent 'clean cotton' from Bath and Body Works. An employee recommended I go with another product because BIG claims to give your hair volume rather than moisturizing your scalp. I was hooked on the smell of BIG and asked if it would help with my problem. The employee said that it could help since it would exfoliate my scalp to stimulate the natural oils.

I've used this shampoo a handful of times and it's 'okay'. I wish the packaging was better (it comes in a small tub with a cover) and the shampoo is pricey ($26). I did have more volume in my hair, my scalp felt refreshed, and the smell of my hair wasn't overwhelming, but the texture of my hair felt different (not as soft). I used this shampoo 3 days in a row one week and noticed that my scalp became drier. The Lush employee informed me that I wouldn't need to use much of the product. My hair is medium length/thick and I found myself using a good amount. Perhaps I needed to work it into my hair more...

Overall, I give BIG shampoo a 2 out of 5. It smells great, but I wasn't very impressed with the results. It probably works well on others (like my cousin who has thinner hair; she loves it and gets great volume), but it didn't work out in my favor. I still love Lush products though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I loooove this shampoo. The pros? leaves your hair with a squeaky clean feeling, doesn't have a strong scent to it, lathers very well so a little goes a long way and my hair actually lasts longer clean. The cons? the price and the packaging.
Warning! DO NOT USE THIS ON AN EVERYDAY BASIS AND DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE DRY HAIR.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by luvdempretties

Love the 'BIG' shampoo by Lush.... I have fine straight long hair & this product is perfect for me. The smell is amazing & it lathers really well. Only recently discovered this product & it is my absolute favourite shampoo.. my husband loves it too.. 10/10 for me!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to buy Lush Big Shampoo to see if it really lived up to the hype. Picked this up from my local Lush store and tried it the night of. My hair is very fine and straight and I've been looking everywhere for a product that will give me a boost. I used a generous amount and worked it into my roots as directed. So far, so good. The salts really exfoliated my scalp. But the real test would be the next step, which was blowdrying my hair. I was hoping I would be wow'd but instead, I was less than impressed. My hair felt clean but no volume was apparent. Not even in the slightest. So I returned it the next day with no issues. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't do anything for me. I suggest getting a sample of this product to see for yourself before buying. What didn't work on my hair might work on others. Unfortunately this one was a miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this and am quite impressed. It lathers up a quite a bit, is clarifying and has a clean light sent (can't really describe but it smells nice). I tried this in conjunction with the Big Conditioner Bar and I do like the conditioner as well. After I finish the generous-sized sample I received, and if I am still impressed, I will fork out the money for this expensive shampoo. Will update you...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MissSpookiness

I bought this for my boyfriend because he has psoriasis on his head. It works really, really well! The flaking started to reduce and the itching was also becoming less. It will never fully dissappear but it looks better already :)

I used it once also, I have curly hair with dry ends but it does not make my hair dry. When I used up my other shampoo, I'll buy myself this shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by cutestcupid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far I used it over more than a month, le me be specific it lasts for ever comes in a big black jar I liked the packing though....initially it was my holy grail but much later it stared to giving me a weird feel my hair never felt the way it felt before...they were rough hard and dull. idk may be the salt it has might have been an issue.