April 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Fragrances - Clean - Clean

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from Strawberry Net, based on the good reviews, cause I liked the thought of smelling fresh and clean and soapy. I couldnt have been more disappointed!! This doesnt smell like soap it smells like lemony cleaning products!! Like something I've cleaned my floor with. Disgusting. I sprayed some on my cardigan and have just washed it so the smell isnt there tomorrow when I have to wear it to work. Nice if you like the idea of smelling like floor cleaning products, or a really lemony smelling laundry detergent - that's not something I aspire to.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jacq1985

i went into sephora not wanting to buy any fragrances, but saw a special section for this scent, along with a few others. the bottle is plain, and almost manish, but i was curious so i smelled it. i'm not sure what it was about the scent, but i loved it immediately. i'm not a fan of heavy fragrances, i HATE the overly sweet nauseating cotton candy scents from victoria secret, b&bw, etc. this smelled exactly what it's called...clean. when i first brought it home and smelled it i was like "ugh, it smells like a cleaning product GREAT". but i wore it anyway, and it settles into a very pleasing scent. i got complimented on it right away at work by one of my guy friends, and later on that day by 2 more people. all they could say was "you smell clean!" and one person did say i smelled girly which i resented, but whatever. i love this scent, i even spray it on myself when i'm home and in my pjs because it's relaxing. the staying power is okay, i wish it lasted a bit longer, so i bring the bottle with me to work.
update: 6/20 - i went to a family party today and was complimented several times on how i smelled, even by my awkward antisocial male cousin that cares more about video games than how girls smell. this was AWESOME for me haha

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't find this scent offensive. I think it smells soapy and that makes me wonder why people buy this. I mean if you want to smell like soap why not just go to a drugstore and buy some strong smelling soap. I got a free sample of this and never wore it, so I can't really talk about the dry down. I just sniffed it in the bottle and declared it uninteresting and boring.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by fernseq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this perfume...it makes me feel like I just stepped out of the shower!! i love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by JV65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this scent. I tend toward citrus/grapefruit scents, especially for Summer, and Clean smells like a slightly tart citrus scent to me. Smells crisp when it's first sprayed on; dry down is a bit warmer. I'm surprised at so many bad reviews for Clean, but to each his own. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by adltchickadee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This Clean EDP is what I expected from the Clean Simply Soap version. It just smells like basic soap, for instance, Irish Spring soap. If you're looking for a simple soapy smelling perfume, I'd pick this over the Clean version that's actually titled Simply Soap. (It's a paradox, I know!)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by RobynnDianneee

Soooo, I was looking online for clean smelling perfumes, and what should I find...CLEAN! "the fragrance that smells like you just stepped out of the shower, with top notes of...." and yada yada yada.. anyway, i was debating buying the fragrance online.. it sounded EXACTLY what I was looking for.
I told my mom of my findings and she said that I should probably smell it before purchasing (wise idea =) ) just my luck, she was headed to the big city 4 hours away over the weekend and would gladly stop by Sephora to get me a sample.
Well, she brought it home, and when i sprayed it.. OMG I WAS HORRIFIED!!!! It smelled cheaply made, absolutely nothing like described..
My mom put it on, and it smelled parfumey, musty and like old lady on her, on me... it was putrid.. I smelled like WET DOG ! which, yes many wet dogs are CLEAN when wet xD but thats so not what the smell im going for :p let me just say I will never be purchasing the CLEAN fragrance.. i'm still interested in smelling the "shower fresh" one, but not without a free sample first..

*just fyi.. i sprayed it on myself about an hour ago.. it still smells like wet dog... lovely*

If I could give this rating a 0.. I would =)

XOXO
-R

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Glamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. Im very surprised at all the bad comments.

Ive been using this product for 3-4 years now. Its very simple,clean and sophisticated.Especially great if you work in the office where some people are allergic to heavy smells.
Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by JenSul27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells like public bathroom soap...not my top choice of what to smell like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this scent. I had been looking for something that smells *clean* and soap-like, obvi this was the one for me. I initially bought this in a 3 pack of small roller ball tubes from Sephora that also contained Simply Soap and Provence. This was the favorite so I bought a full-sized. I like it because it isn't overwhelming or too floral. I get lost of complements on this, too. I can't wait to try out some of the other Clean scents.