Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 9/16/2013 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm almost 30 and have been buying Lip Smackers since I was about 10!! Wow that just made me feel old lol.. Oh well, here's to 20 years of Lip Smacker loyalty! I just bought the Dulce de Leche limited edition and love the scent. My coworkers say I smell like cake!!! My usual flavours are Strawberry Banana and Raspberry (I usually dislike lipstick and the sheer pink from the Lip Smackers is fine for me). Sadly, I haven't been able to track them down at my local pharmacies. I hope they aren't going to stop carrying them. I may have to check out Bonne Bell's website for a fix...

on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM

Loved this stuff as a kid! I love the variety of smells and the packaging for them are really cute! As a lip balm, they're pretty average to mediocre though, and I find myself reapplying the stuff a lot. However, I'd probably buy some again just for the novelty :p.

on 5/23/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe I have never reviewed these! I have been using this for YEARS, ever since elementary school lol. I originally fell in love with the bubble gum flavor but as I got older I reached for watermelon and strawberry, those are my 2 favorites that I always run back to...and I mean run! Sure, there are a few other chapsticks I like, but nothing quite like these! I think these are truly HG for me.

on 5/22/2013 11:52:00 PM

Chose Lip Gloss but this is a basic chap stick sized Lip Smacker balm in Dr. Pepper color and flavor! For years I've bought this, seem like every couple of shopping trips to Walmart I'll grab one (my daughters "borrow". I'm a lip fiend, always looking for the perfect color, style, flavor, feel and if I don't feel like hassling with reapplying lip color and ensuring my small mirror is on me (hassle as I'm always mixing two together on my lips) and I ALWAYS grab this as it's a no-brainer for applying. Give a very very sheer berry tint to lips, hence my boy's will not use it.
Only drawback for some is it can't irritate the lips, like on my fair haired daughter, who still takes it.
The End.

on 4/6/2013 12:09:00 PM

One of my very first beauty products (elementary school). I was obsessed with these. I am still obsessed 20 years later. I recently bought the cupcake pack that has red velvet cake, salted caramel, birthday cake, etc. Love all the fun flavors! They have a nice texture on the lips too. Have almost used up the strawberry one in my purse. LOVE lip smackers!!!!

on 3/23/2013 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am a big fan of lipglosses and lipbalms, and i cant stop buying one everytime i saw a new product. My lipsmacker is the Paul Frank one, and the scnet is Mika's Sweet Cream. The packaging is so cute, pink-colored (okay but im not a fan of pink stuffs), and it small enough to bring everywhere. The scent is so sweet but not overwhelming, gosh i just love it. It moisturise my lips for 30 minutes and the moisture fades a little afterwards. The price? I bought this for RM 12 if im not mistaken, cheap eh? Worth to try and of course i will buy this again :)

on 2/19/2013 10:10:00 AM

I hated it

on 2/5/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

What's not to love? These things are cheap, fun, and actually work pretty well! Not just "pretty good for the price I paid"... they can hold their own in the world of lip balms no matter the price. To this day, I remember that one time when I was 15; I came downstairs wearing the strawberry flavour and my mum paused in her cleaning to ask me what I was wearing, "your lips look really nice, did you finally start drinking enough water?" Mum NEVER pauses in her cleaning, and only wears makeup once a year on Christmas. That reaction embodies everything that is great about this product - appropriate for a 15 year old, works with a completely makeup free face, makes you look subtly better, and might get you out of a scolding by your mother.

Just a couple of things I noticed from using them:

- I prefer the sheer, gel-like sticks better than the glittery/shimmery ones. I find the sheer gels are the most hydrating and long-lasting. The glitter can be gritty and the shimmer/creams can sometimes look frosty or uneven.

- Even the sheerest balms (regardless of brand) will leave an undertone of colour behind. I tend to stick with pink/red/purple based flavours like strawberry for this precise reason. I had a green skittles one and found that even though I couldn't tell it was green once applied, the overall affect had me looking less "healthy" than the strawberry one.

- If you want more of a glossy look with these, just swipe it a few more times! The heat from your lips will melt it just a tiny bit to appear more moist. I discovered this because the one I kept in my jeans pocket always left a glossier finish than the one I kept on my nightstand.

on 2/5/2013 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are pure nostalgia for me. I bought a bunch when I was a kid all the time and received them for Christmas in my stocking. I'm 28 years old and still like them for their scents even though they don't do much in terms of hydration for my lips. I have to keep reapplying to keep the suppleness. They do make a good base for some of my lipsticks. I have strawberry banana which is nice. My other favorite scents are cherry cola, cotton candy, bubble gum, and Dr. Pepper. The strawberry banana provided a nice flush to my pigmented lips and gives a nice shine to them. I usually can get these pretty cheap too. They make excellent gifts for young girls, though I would be just as happy to get these as an older gal. They are fun and I have always loved the packaging.

on 1/21/2013 8:27:00 PM

I do not live in America so unfortunately lip smackers cost a lot here. $6 for one balm.
I am a collector. I have 50 plus lip smackers. A mixture of balms, liquids, rolly's and squeezys.
I love the strong, delicious scents of lip smackers and the good quality.
I don't like the poor quality cardboard packaging of the balms though, I love the tinned ones, or the ones that come in ornaments and bags.
I hate that they are so expensive here compared to America. I live in New Zealand. We do not have the dr pepper, root beer, 7up, m&ms, skittles, starburst, Disney characters, Girl Scout cookies, or those yummy dessert ones here :(
For one normal sized balm it is $6 here. For one liquid smacker it is $8. For a 8-piece party pack it is $40. Compared to in America where the normal sized balms are $2 or less.
I wish that I lived there!

Recommended for Medium Skin