Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 1/18/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Has always been a nice little lip balm.
Plenty of flavors and scents to choose from. There should be something for everyone.
I can't imagine growing up and never trying this.
I have since passed on to my little sister and daughter as well.

on 12/31/2014 12:37:00 PM

I just turned 17 and even though I wasn't even alive in the 70/80's I still remember these from my childhood! My mum would always carry around a few, mainly the strawberry and watermelon ones and I remember slathering them all over my lips. I eventually stopped paying attention to them and even though mum would bring them out to give to my sister and me to put on before school to stop our lips from drying out during the day and it lasted from about 8:30am to maybe after lunch at 1:30pm and after that my lips would feel dry. They're cheap, although about $4 here in Australia for an individual one. I've recently gotten really into lip balms and even some more expensive ones dont seem to do the same job. Even Burt's Bees in pomegranate doesnt make my lips feep super smooth but lipsmackers do. Some people who get irritation might be allergic to (I think) the lanolin in some or all of them?

on 11/9/2014 9:16:00 PM

I love the original flavours like strawberry, watermelon, Dr.Pepper, vanilla, bubble gum, peppermint, etc. Some of the new flavours just aren't as good. I recently purchased a chocolate hazelnut one, and a 3-pack containing cherry cream soda, root beer float and vanilla malt. I'm not sure whether the 3 -pack was a throw back to originals but they aren't as flavorful as the first ones i listed . I will continue to buy these as long as they are still making them, which I hear won't be for long ):

on 4/26/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Cute, delicious and effective lip balm. They come in an almost overwhelming variety of sizes, flavours/scents and colors. Lip smackers are great for a touch of color and a healthy lips look. They even sparkle sometimes :D I just wouldn't say they are the solution to people who have seriously dry/chapped/bleeding lips.

Super fun and always coming out with something new, Lip smackers are a right of passage for every lip balm initiate (if that's even a thing I mean come on it's lip balm not rocket science). Go find your favorite!

i love lip smackers!

on 11/15/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Back in the 70s/80s these rocked the world And there's a reason for that. They were fun, they tasted great, they lasted a long time, they came in every flavor under the sun. Recently I've picked up several of these, out of nostalgia - some from the drug store, some "big sticks" from That Big Auction Site - and they still rock. The formula back in the day was more waxy, which I prefer to the current version with much more "slip," but they still moisturize well, taste great, and are fun. The price isn't that great, but then this isn't the 70s/80s, so I take that into account. Lotsa fun and good lip treatment. Really glad to see they have survived through the years. Love 'em!

on 9/16/2013 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm almost 30 and have been buying Lip Smackers since I was about 10!! Wow that just made me feel old lol.. Oh well, here's to 20 years of Lip Smacker loyalty! I just bought the Dulce de Leche limited edition and love the scent. My coworkers say I smell like cake!!! My usual flavours are Strawberry Banana and Raspberry (I usually dislike lipstick and the sheer pink from the Lip Smackers is fine for me). Sadly, I haven't been able to track them down at my local pharmacies. I hope they aren't going to stop carrying them. I may have to check out Bonne Bell's website for a fix...

on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM

Loved this stuff as a kid! I love the variety of smells and the packaging for them are really cute! As a lip balm, they're pretty average to mediocre though, and I find myself reapplying the stuff a lot. However, I'd probably buy some again just for the novelty :p.

on 5/23/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe I have never reviewed these! I have been using this for YEARS, ever since elementary school lol. I originally fell in love with the bubble gum flavor but as I got older I reached for watermelon and strawberry, those are my 2 favorites that I always run back to...and I mean run! Sure, there are a few other chapsticks I like, but nothing quite like these! I think these are truly HG for me.

on 5/22/2013 11:52:00 PM

Chose Lip Gloss but this is a basic chap stick sized Lip Smacker balm in Dr. Pepper color and flavor! For years I've bought this, seem like every couple of shopping trips to Walmart I'll grab one (my daughters "borrow". I'm a lip fiend, always looking for the perfect color, style, flavor, feel and if I don't feel like hassling with reapplying lip color and ensuring my small mirror is on me (hassle as I'm always mixing two together on my lips) and I ALWAYS grab this as it's a no-brainer for applying. Give a very very sheer berry tint to lips, hence my boy's will not use it.
Only drawback for some is it can't irritate the lips, like on my fair haired daughter, who still takes it.
The End.