October 24, 2014 | 905 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Lip Smackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

What's not to love? These things are cheap, fun, and actually work pretty well! Not just "pretty good for the price I paid"... they can hold their own in the world of lip balms no matter the price. To this day, I remember that one time when I was 15; I came downstairs wearing the strawberry flavour and my mum paused in her cleaning to ask me what I was wearing, "your lips look really nice, did you finally start drinking enough water?" Mum NEVER pauses in her cleaning, and only wears makeup once a year on Christmas. That reaction embodies everything that is great about this product - appropriate for a 15 year old, works with a completely makeup free face, makes you look subtly better, and might get you out of a scolding by your mother.

Just a couple of things I noticed from using them:

- I prefer the sheer, gel-like sticks better than the glittery/shimmery ones. I find the sheer gels are the most hydrating and long-lasting. The glitter can be gritty and the shimmer/creams can sometimes look frosty or uneven.

- Even the sheerest balms (regardless of brand) will leave an undertone of colour behind. I tend to stick with pink/red/purple based flavours like strawberry for this precise reason. I had a green skittles one and found that even though I couldn't tell it was green once applied, the overall affect had me looking less "healthy" than the strawberry one.

- If you want more of a glossy look with these, just swipe it a few more times! The heat from your lips will melt it just a tiny bit to appear more moist. I discovered this because the one I kept in my jeans pocket always left a glossier finish than the one I kept on my nightstand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are pure nostalgia for me. I bought a bunch when I was a kid all the time and received them for Christmas in my stocking. I'm 28 years old and still like them for their scents even though they don't do much in terms of hydration for my lips. I have to keep reapplying to keep the suppleness. They do make a good base for some of my lipsticks. I have strawberry banana which is nice. My other favorite scents are cherry cola, cotton candy, bubble gum, and Dr. Pepper. The strawberry banana provided a nice flush to my pigmented lips and gives a nice shine to them. I usually can get these pretty cheap too. They make excellent gifts for young girls, though I would be just as happy to get these as an older gal. They are fun and I have always loved the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by KatiePeanut

I do not live in America so unfortunately lip smackers cost a lot here. $6 for one balm.
I am a collector. I have 50 plus lip smackers. A mixture of balms, liquids, rolly's and squeezys.
I love the strong, delicious scents of lip smackers and the good quality.
I don't like the poor quality cardboard packaging of the balms though, I love the tinned ones, or the ones that come in ornaments and bags.
I hate that they are so expensive here compared to America. I live in New Zealand. We do not have the dr pepper, root beer, 7up, m&ms, skittles, starburst, Disney characters, Girl Scout cookies, or those yummy dessert ones here :(
For one normal sized balm it is $6 here. For one liquid smacker it is $8. For a 8-piece party pack it is $40. Compared to in America where the normal sized balms are $2 or less.
I wish that I lived there!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

If you've never owned one of these when you were a kid...wow...you must have been a sad kid (no offense lol) bc these things are THE shiiz!!! They are targeted towards young kids but I find that these are one of the most moisturizing lip balms out there and especially for the price. You can find these everywhere so next time you see them grab one and they smell amazing. Some are better then others and some have different textures as well as some get really annoying smelling and you really got to switch it up so for long time users I'm sure you feel the same way as I do - keep a few different flavors in stock and you'll never get bored of that same smell. The only downfall is some of them aren't as good as others like I said different textures and some of them accentuate the dryness and leave like that weird cast or whatever on the insides and corner of mouth...not sure if that make sense but yeah some of them tend to do that :( only downfall. If I had to pick one I'd probably say cotton candys my favorite. Even bonne bells lipgloss are crazy goood...check those out as well! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love lip smackers because of the flavors, the scdnt (on most) and its cheap! I find some flavors have more of a waxy feel and are therefore more moisturizing (like strawberry and watermelon) and the more off the wall flavors (like Skittles or starburst) have a more watery texture, have a more chemical smell and don't last as long.

I know the product is aimed for someone much younger than myself, but I continually buy it because I have yet to find another flavored lip balm I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by MagicalUnicorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lipsmackers are lovely, I already have tons of them because i'm addicted to the flavors and cute packages and just collecting them.

It is not the most moisturizing lipbalm ever, but it does make your lips feel nice and soft when you are wearing it.
If you have chapped lips and want a lipbalm to repair them, don't choose Lipsmackers because the ingredients are not all natural, they have mineral oils in them which is bad for your lips (takes a whole article to explain why, so better google it ;))
So they're not great if you want 'healthy' lips but they do have an overall nice feeling and if you don't really care that they might be bad for your lips, go use them!

The packaging is very, VERY adorable, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes if I twist the balm out, it will not get back in so you have to press it back with your finger. But that's not a very big deal. I still love using them. Just not for the moisture haha.

Oh also, I prefer the ones without glitter or shimmer. Because with the shimmery ones, the balm goes into my lips after a while and the glitters stay on my lips so it feels very gritty. And the glitters are usually sliver which gives my lips a white glaze and it doesn't look as pretty on me as it does on others. But that is just my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont care how old I am, I will alwas love these fruity little things! so cheap, always smell amazing, and feel nice on my lips. Always have some around!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by CherryD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these so much kiwi and coke are my two favorite flavors the kiwi is a little more moisturizing but the coke is great too. Obviously they taste incredible any 5 year old could tell you that and they're a great price you can get an 8 pack with different flavors for $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by PureAmbrosia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The root beer Lip Smackers is amazing. For some reason, this flavor is more moisturizing on my lips than any of their other flavors. I also love the soft look it gives, along with the slight tint. I've gone through several tubes, and when I try other flavors or lip balm brands, they never measure up to the root beer balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Other than the interesting flavors, these are very average lip balms. If you have chronically chapped lips like me, you'll want to look for something more moisturizing.