October 1, 2014 | 1251 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Compact Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

Oh wear do I begin, at $42.00 I was at least hoping for something a little better. I have tried tons of powders and I am still doing the reviews. But this one I would have to say tops the list of horrid powders for oily or combo skin. It looks awesome and perfect, slightly flawless. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror at work about an hour later and it just looked like vasoline had been caked on over my makeup. I could understand a little better if I had an issue with oils but they only show up slightly in the summer. So the whole NATURAL finish that was promised I was very ticked about. I was not even able to blot it off. It came right back FULL SHINE AND GREASE!!!! Beware you can get better results with Cover Girl I am sure and save the checkbook for ANYTHING ELSE!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by minax

I have this in Linen, 201 I think. It is too yellow for me and I don't like the compact, but it seems most of Dior's compacts have this stacked appearance. The powder is fine, and gives decent coverage and wears well so I gave it a 3. The product probably won't whiten your skin if you don't use the full whitening regimen and I don't like the fragrance so I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Dreadful product for many reasons.For start contains oxybenzone and broke me out.If you want low coverage goes on quite well but if you add a second layer to achieve more coverage turns into a dusty talc like powder.Too pricey,the matte finish wont last long after an hour I was dusty and the same time shiny all over,settles into pores and lines too,smells bad and has thick(in the bad way)texture I end up like I had mud on my face.The only good thing that I can think of is the shades,the silky texture on your finger bc on you face.....doesn t go on silky and the fact that over a liquid foundation provides ful coverage

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by oceansgurlie

I'm actually kind of on-the-fence as to whether I would buy this product after I run out. I received it as a gift and I'm not so sure if I would be happy with it if I had bought it myself since it is very pricey. According to another reviewer, this product was made for the asian market which I actually really appreciated since it's so hard to find the perfect color for my asian skintone. This is probably the only product that I've ever tried that matches me perfectly so it definitely gets a big plus for that. Unfortunately, coverage isn't so great which kind of defeats the purpose of wearing foundation. I have pretty oily skin but usually when I wear powder foundation, I can go for a few hours without looking shiny. With this powder, I end up looking shiny in less than an hour. I know that they're trying to avoid making you look dry and overly powdery but still, I'd like a foundation that gives more oil control. I've tried applying this powder using both a wet and dry sponge and usually the wet gives me better coverage with other powders but that is not the case for this one. No matter how much I try to put on, you can still see all of the flaws of my skin loud and clear and it actually accentuates the flakes of my dry areas. Hopefully I can find a better product that matches my skintone and then I won't have to buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

I bought this powder together with Diorsnow Sublissime Ultra Protective Base SPF 50+++. Together they look very flattering on me, But after about 3 hours, the pores on my t-zone are accentuated.

I tried the Diorsnow Ultra Protective Base SPF 50+++ alone with another powder and it was perfect for my skin as a protective base.

But when I tried Diorsnow compact powder alone, it tends to be too glowy on me that it accentuates my pores. I live in a high humid country and I am oily after 2 hours of using this.

However, the Diorsnow Ultra Protective Base SPF 50+++ is my HG.

EDIT: I have tried this powder again and was proven wrong in my initial assessment. This is radiant on the skin, silky and blends with complexion making skin look bare and youthful. The color is also a perfect match for me. My only comment is that it does not control oil so you need another product for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by maryam

This is such a soft and beautiful feeling powder; it does nto cake or accentuate any dry spots on my combo skin BUT the color selection is so limited that you may have to err a bit. It also tends to oxidize but if you can get a color match then it is a lovely powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in 100 and despite being a PPP this is a smidge too pale on me. I'm not happy with this - it would suit a more normal skintype... it doesn't control oil very well and highlights flakes. It also doesn't address enlarged pores well at all. The packaging is great though - nice white compact with secure closure and hygienic separate compartment for the sponge. I wear this occasionally in the winter time but I will not repurchase. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by lovemylife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for Diorsnow Sublissime Whitening Makeup, SPF30 - PA+++, which is the full name of this compact powder foundation. It comes in a white refillable compact, more rectangular and thicker than the regular Diorskin compact foundation. Inside is a separate compartment for the sponge, and a mirror in the powder side.

Colour 021 is ok, a wee bit lighter than my HG colour match (Diorskin 201, Diorskin Extreme Fit 020) and does not oxidize. Coverage is a little more sheer than the regular Diorskin and Diorskin Extreme Fit, which provides the most coverage.

Overall, it's okay. I bought 2 of these and will use them up, but honestly it isn't my favourite. It doesn't meld and look like glowy naked skin like the other Diorskin compacts do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by springwater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product and last long. Will definitely repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is so cakey on my face after a few minutes. It gives coverage though. I don't like this product.