January 27, 2015 | 970 users online

Scrubs - Laura Mercier - Flawless Skin Face Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by graceshak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

By far the best facial scrub I have tried. Really smoothens and softens out the face and it can be used daily with no tight feeling after. Doesn't get rid of flaky skin if you are on a dry spell though. Yet to find one that does that. But I guess a scrub in general can't really do that unless you use some peeling scrub?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing. My skin was immediately smoother. This scrub eliminated dry patches and prevented future breakouts without being overly irritating. Nothing else compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this with their flawless skin deluxe gift. Oh my god it's amazing. It made my make up application truly flawless. I have dry patchy skin on my cheeks and that buffed it right out. In love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first tried Laura Mercier face smoother as a sample from Sephora. I exfoliate twice each week so I decided to try the sample. I loved this product. It does not dry out your face and leaves your skin very smooth. After using us the sample, I purchased the larger size. This was 2-3 years ago. It is my favorite exfoliant. Do not hesitate to try Laura Mercier Face Polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I have a little sample of this and I absolutely love it! It is packed with micro beads and has a light fragrance to it. After washing, my face feels refreshed and very clean. So far, no reaction (redness or breakouts) from my combination sensitive skin. I use this sample in the shower because I realized it needs a lot of rinsing to get all the beads off my face. Too bad its so pricy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I love this scrub to death, especially back when I was still having a super dehydrated skin. This is the only scrub that could take all my flaky skin. And after I rinsed my face, I always feel my skin is 'polished'. It makes my skin so smooth, radiant, and flaky-free.
It is a really 'grainy' scrub, the type of scrub that I've always been looking for, because I always found that scrub mostly contains only a bit of scrub but tons of soap.
However, since my skin become a bit more sensitive, I found that this scrub, although it's 'grainy', it is still be gentle enough to exfoliate my skin if I just massage the scrub all over my face gently.
I might not recommend this for those who had sensitive skin. But if you really want to try, always ask for a sample because this scrub is a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mrshighlander07

Remember: everyone's skin is different!
I jumped into this product without getting a sample first (a big regret). The Sephora representative raved on about this product and it was the last item on the shelf of it's kind. I was so excited to use it and started to use it right away!

My skin type is an oily combination (mostly oily but will get dry & flaky every other day). I use a gentle cleanser daily and wanted to swap the Laura Mercier as my daily product so I started using it twice a week (to see how my skin would react to it).

The first time I used it, my skin felt soft and smooth (like after any scrub I use after). That first week of use, I did not have any problem. My 4th time on my second week, my skin on my face retreated to how it looked back in highschool: red, blochy, and my pores were huge! That next day, I broke out in hives! I get an occasional ONE white puss filled pimple head but that day, I had several of them! My cheeks had a group of them and I had at least 2 or 3 of them on each side on the skin underneath my jaw bone!

Other than, this cleanser, I stuck to my daily skin regime of an SPF moisturizer and toner. SO I automatically withdrew from this cleanser and returned to skin line.
It's been 2 weeks since I've used that product and my skin is now back to normal with the scars left behind from those pimples--blemishes!
The cleanser may work for others but it disappointed me.

P.S.
Hope my review helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by gracedphillips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product was raved about by a friend of mine, a holy grail scrub, so I was super keen to try it out. had already read reviews on here about it so was excited to try it!
first time I used it at night and my cheeks got dry patches, a few uses later my nose started to peel slightly (it's winter and my skin can get slightly dry). over the past two uses my skin has gotten unbelievably smooth! dryness has gone away and my skin has cleared up, my wash a moisturizer goes on amazingly. will use it up and if I like how it went afterwards will purchase full size! if you get slight dryness after first few washes keep trial-ing it! you may be surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Bex6679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Laura Mercier products- and this is no exception. I'm big into exfoliating and getting the smoothest skin possible, and this stuff is wonderful! The smell is amazing, kind of light, powdery and clean and the little granules really polish the skin! I was a 5 year fan of Philosophy's exfoliating wash- and would still use it, but I think I've finally found my new love. The Nars double refining exfoliator was another one I tried- which I loved as well... The price was just not worth it to me for the amount of product. Laura Mercier face polish is price-right, does the job well and I will now have this in my daily skin care regimen every day. I recommend to anyone and everyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scrub smells very lovely and feels quite nice on the skin; it's definitely a "high end" facial skin care item, and feels "luxurious."

But is that all I want in skin care, the feeling of luxury?

Not really.

I prefer workhorses. So while this smells lovely and feels luxurious, for myself, it only offers moderate exfoliation. I suppose if you have sensitive skin, this might be useful.

I need more horsepower, however. I prefer Philosophy's "Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash" for my daily, physical exfoliation. Yeah, it's much more modest. Doesn't smell like Neiman Marcus, doesn't have a pretty peach color, has rather cheesy packaging.

But it gets the job done, every day.

With my Clarisonic, it provides just the right amount of physical exfoliation, without stripping my skin.

This is a lovely little pony; charming and pretty. But I need an adult breed that allows all my over priced anti-aging productsto get in and do their job.

This isn't it.