July 26, 2014 | 1847 users online

Scrubs - Laura Mercier - Face Polish

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mrshighlander07

Remember: everyone's skin is different!
I jumped into this product without getting a sample first (a big regret). The Sephora representative raved on about this product and it was the last item on the shelf of it's kind. I was so excited to use it and started to use it right away!

My skin type is an oily combination (mostly oily but will get dry & flaky every other day). I use a gentle cleanser daily and wanted to swap the Laura Mercier as my daily product so I started using it twice a week (to see how my skin would react to it).

The first time I used it, my skin felt soft and smooth (like after any scrub I use after). That first week of use, I did not have any problem. My 4th time on my second week, my skin on my face retreated to how it looked back in highschool: red, blochy, and my pores were huge! That next day, I broke out in hives! I get an occasional ONE white puss filled pimple head but that day, I had several of them! My cheeks had a group of them and I had at least 2 or 3 of them on each side on the skin underneath my jaw bone!

Other than, this cleanser, I stuck to my daily skin regime of an SPF moisturizer and toner. SO I automatically withdrew from this cleanser and returned to skin line.
It's been 2 weeks since I've used that product and my skin is now back to normal with the scars left behind from those pimples--blemishes!
The cleanser may work for others but it disappointed me.

P.S.
Hope my review helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by gracedphillips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product was raved about by a friend of mine, a holy grail scrub, so I was super keen to try it out. had already read reviews on here about it so was excited to try it!
first time I used it at night and my cheeks got dry patches, a few uses later my nose started to peel slightly (it's winter and my skin can get slightly dry). over the past two uses my skin has gotten unbelievably smooth! dryness has gone away and my skin has cleared up, my wash a moisturizer goes on amazingly. will use it up and if I like how it went afterwards will purchase full size! if you get slight dryness after first few washes keep trial-ing it! you may be surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Bex6679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Laura Mercier products- and this is no exception. I'm big into exfoliating and getting the smoothest skin possible, and this stuff is wonderful! The smell is amazing, kind of light, powdery and clean and the little granules really polish the skin! I was a 5 year fan of Philosophy's exfoliating wash- and would still use it, but I think I've finally found my new love. The Nars double refining exfoliator was another one I tried- which I loved as well... The price was just not worth it to me for the amount of product. Laura Mercier face polish is price-right, does the job well and I will now have this in my daily skin care regimen every day. I recommend to anyone and everyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scrub smells very lovely and feels quite nice on the skin; it's definitely a "high end" facial skin care item, and feels "luxurious."

But is that all I want in skin care, the feeling of luxury?

Not really.

I prefer workhorses. So while this smells lovely and feels luxurious, for myself, it only offers moderate exfoliation. I suppose if you have sensitive skin, this might be useful.

I need more horsepower, however. I prefer Philosophy's "Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash" for my daily, physical exfoliation. Yeah, it's much more modest. Doesn't smell like Neiman Marcus, doesn't have a pretty peach color, has rather cheesy packaging.

But it gets the job done, every day.

With my Clarisonic, it provides just the right amount of physical exfoliation, without stripping my skin.

This is a lovely little pony; charming and pretty. But I need an adult breed that allows all my over priced anti-aging productsto get in and do their job.

This isn't it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by leenyweeny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

A good physical exfoliant! I've been using this for almost 2 years and have repurchased. I usually use this while taking a break from my clarisonic. It isn't drying and doesn't irritate my skin like other facial scrub. 100g of product can last me for 5 months so it's really worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by GildedReveries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an amazing product and the only one that helped me get rid of the white heads on my chin. I have tried every product that is on the market and none of them worked as well as this one. It definitely made my skin flawless, no acne at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice basic scrub that has enough abrasive to make your skin feel smoother after using it. I had a generous sample size that probably lasted about 8-10 uses, so a month or so. It's strong enough that I wouldn't recommend using it every day, but 2-3 times a week should be okay. I didn't notice any odor or irritation (it won't tear your skin apart like some) and it rinses well enough. My sample was in a tube, so easy to use in the shower. While I think it's a nice product, it's expensive for a scrub. I can't see spending so much on something that should be one of the cheaper components of a beauty routine. OTOH, if you really want to splurge on a scrub, this is a good option.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by luv4paws

The product works fairly well at exfoliating your skin. With twice a week use, I noticed the white heads on my chin getting cleared up. Going over a two week usage might give some dry patches on your skin with some skin peeling in winters (atleast it did on my skin). Even though it's on the expensive side for a face exfoliator, I would consider re-purchasing this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by misanders

The smell alone will keep me from buying this. It smells like nail polish remover. It's very strange. I don't care if this worked or not, I can't put this on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Absolute HG for me. Like others, I got a full-sized sample of this with a 500-point LM perk, fell in love, and purchased the full-sized tube (brilliant marketing - ha.)

I'd been searching for years to find a manual exfoliant after Dermalogica changed the formula for their Skin Prep Scrub. This stuff is even better.

What I'm always looking for in a cleanser of any kind is something that completely cleanses, leaves my skin squeaky-clean, but doesn't dry it out or make it tight. Tall order, I've found.

To achieve this, I was having to use one cleanser to remove all of the makeup debris, oil, and other residues, then an exfoliant to completely rid any dead skin. Then I'd often have to use another cleanser to finish the job.

This does all of the above and leaves my skin soft. It does a knock-out job of exfoliating and has tiny, tiny very dense beads packed into a creamy base. Often exfoliants like this will leave a greasy residue, but this does not.

I'd never have thought a makeup line would produce an excellent skincare product, so this was a surprise. I'll buy it again and again. Great stuff.