Smashbox Smashing Cream Eyeliner - Caviar

3.3

Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Talc, Nylon 12, Silica, Kaolin (CI 77004), Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, BHT, Vegetable Oil, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

on 4/3/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had as little palette of these from QVC UK a couple of years ago, and loved them! Bought this on its own after a disappointment with another brand, and this was worse! Smudges all over the place, even gave me black lines above my socket lines! Awful, awful, awful.

on 3/22/2010 7:21:00 PM

Worst eyeliner ever. Smudges, smears, disappears. I have nothing good to say about this product. How Smashbox can continue to put out this sub-par product is beyond me. They should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know why anyone would buy this when there are such great liners on the market now. Don't waste your time or your money on this big fat loser.

on 3/22/2010 7:17:00 PM

this is the worst cream eyeliner i have ever used it smudges i will never repurchase this

on 1/5/2010 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a gift from my sister when she came back from U.S.A. so I don't really know how much it cost. I got two of these, one is in Envy (Black with little bits of glitters) and a Cream Liner Duo in Cameo and Caviar (Black and Red). I knew nothing about the brand Smashbox not until my sister gave me this. It was my first product from Smashbox. I know a lot of girls loves using this cream liner from Smashbox, but not for me.

I find this smudgy. It is very light wearing, like wearing nothing at all. My only problem is that it doesn't stay in place. I use Benefit's She Laq as a top coating for this, so that it stays in place.
I don't use these that much since I like Naris Up's Gel Liner better than this.

on 8/27/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner smudges, and when it is applied, it doesn't make a thin line. When I apply it to the top lash line, it smudges in five minutes. This product is not worth $20. Drugstore eyeliners are better than this. I don't know why sephora people like it so much...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

More like dark grey, but I love it. You'd have to build it up to get black. I don't have a problem with this smudging or fading like most of the reviews are saying. Because it's more of a dark grey, it looks more natural and not harsh on the eyes. Will repurchase

on 8/5/2009 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know how anybody could like this liner, but apparently, a lot of people do. Good for Smashbox, I guess. I fell for the QVC hype a while back and ordered this along with 2 other colors and the flat eyeliner brush. The only thing I wound up keeping was the brush. All 3 colors were poorly pigmented, difficult to apply (compared to other liners of this ilk) becuz you had to keep going over the line in order to get it to show; and then after all that, the line fades, smudges and disappears within hours of applying. I should have sent this back, but instead, I tossed the liners & kept the brush. I am leery about buying anything Smashbox again. I will stick with MAC, Bobbi Brown, & L'Oreal HIP when I want a cream or gel eyeliner that is worth its salt.

on 8/2/2009 10:29:00 PM

I'm a big fan of Smashbox cream eye liners. I have strong lashes and I don't need a lot of accent to my eyes, but my lashes are blonde at the roots, so I need something to "connect" the mascara to my eyelids.

I'm not a big eyeliner person- usually I just use an eyeliner brush and smudge a deep shadow along the lash line, so Smashbox liners are perfect for me. They're smoky and pretty and smudge nicely, and I don't have a problem with them melting off. I usually wear them all day with no problems, and re-apply if going out for the night. The liners also blend nicely with other shadows and can be played up for day or night. Smashing caviar is a very pretty black, and pretty versatile. My favorite shade is "fan club," but I think that's a color limited to the QVC beauty bulletins. It's a smokey taupe that's also very flattering.

I have to deduct points for two things: price and how long the product keeps. It's expensive. You can get for a reasonable price online, but walking into any store and paying retail, the price is ridiculous. For what you pay, you get a lot of product, but in my experience it only lasts about three, four months tops. After that it gets dry and a little flaky, and just doesn't apply as smoothly. I've also had one pot of it start smelling bad. I HATE tossing these, but I've never used one completely up before having to. Take that into consideration as for how much you pay for it.

on 7/28/2009 12:27:00 PM

This is the first cream liner I've ever used, and I love it. I don't have a problem with it smudging on my upper lash line. I don't use it on the lower. I love how this glides on smoothly with a flat eyeliner brush. I was hoping this had a hint of brown in it, but it is totally black. I received this in a swap and I couldn't be happier.

on 5/21/2009 2:12:00 PM

RIS - lovely product - I find for me the best application is with a flat eyeliner brush - easy to use, makes a nice smoky eye or thin line, depending on what look you are after -

I do wish the packaging was different - I find I have to remove the drier top portion prior to use, which wastes product, especially when it's pretty expensive.

Will repurchase.