OPI Ridge Filler

on 10/3/2012 8:12:00 PM

i have been using this for over a year now,and every now and than i go and try another ridge filler,but i always come back to this one.

i have noticed, the formula is incostient from bottle to bottle. one bottle will be amazing! where is goes on smooth,evenly and dries quickly, than the next is a big goopy sticky mess. i usually now have a bottle of nail thinner just for this! and even if i get a good bottle, i still have to add thinner.in fact i add it everytime i am done using it. it doesnt perform mircles, but for me, it works best out of all the others i have tried. it minimizes my ridges and makes my colors brighter.so until i find a better one, ill still use this one

on 8/20/2012 12:51:00 AM

The filler works well to smooth out any dips or ridges a buffer can't smooth out. Works a tiny bit better than a base coat. I use it on my mom or older ladies with less than perfect nails. OPi makes my favorite brush when it comes to polishes. Only one coat is needed for this filler. Two coats for the lacquer.

on 3/22/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because at the moment I have weak nails from the winter time. They peel, have some ridges, and feel thin and bend sometimes. I invest money into my nail polishes, but due to the state of my nails they were chipping in a day or two. This dries rather quickly to a matte finish. It made my nails look better on it's own, but it really helped as a basecoat to hold onto polish. So they feel and look better, plus my polish looks like a manicure done in a salon. Keep this away from your cuticles though, it will dry on them and collect polish.

I get pits and ridges on my nails and buffing them away made them too thin and fragile. I bought this so that I could leave the buffing alone and still have smooth nails.

It does cover my small pits and ridges but only reduces the deep ridges which is good enough for me. I'm not expecting a miracle and it does make my nails look a lot more smoother. It also helps with the application of nail varnish, making it less streaky. Without the use of this base, the nail varnish tends to look streakier. It also dries fast which is a plus!

I've used half the bottle, and it's consistency has become thick and gloopy. It's harder to apply and to make it smooth because it's too thick and trying to smooth it out only makes it worse.

I'm going to try other brands to see how they compare to this and I'll only repurchase this product if the other brands are worse. Hopefully using a nail varnish thinner will help with the application since I don't want to waste the rest.

This ridge filler is top drawer! One coat makes my nails as smooth as if I had buffed them, is great before applying deep or dark colors and hides minute nail imperfections. What more do you want in a base coat?

on 11/9/2011 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love it! It prevents staining and my nailpolish stays on longer without chipping.

on 10/3/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I never used to use basecoats with my polish. I usually just relied on seche vite to keep my polish in place. However, as I started accumulating darker and darker colours, I realized I needed to do something to combat the awful nail staining that accompanies black and dark blue polish. I picked up this basecoat and some China Glazes at a random BSO one day. I'm pretty happy with it.

I don't have a lot of ridges to begin with, but any little imperfections are smoothed out and it makes the colour of polish pop as well. I also think it helps prolong the life of polish. When using this base, I don't have to use my precious seche vite. I can use a cheaper top coat and my polish stays on just as long, which is good.

I find the application sometimes to be a little tricky. I have medium length nails with wider nail beds, especially the thumbs. I really have to load up the brush before doing my thumbnails. Due to the fact that this stuff dries so quick, if I take the time to double-dip the applicator brush, the first strokes are already starting to dry and if I overlap a little, it makes the overlapped section a little lumpy. Also, the price isn't the best point ever (I got mine for $10.50 but I'm sure I could find it cheaper online) in stores. Other than that, this is a good base coat. I my try some others, but if I find this on sale in the future, I would probably buy it again.

on 9/29/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why this Ridge Filler keeps getting bad reviews but IMO it is amazing!!! I have ridges from years of wearing acrylics and this product makes my nails look smooth and professionally done. I recommend this product and I would repurchase.

on 8/4/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I actually like to wear this on its own. One coat. It's not a flat dull matte-it's a satin finish. I'm one of those who prefers nubbins with perfectly groomed cuticles, and this polish is perfect for a clean natural look. I love a slight sheer white cast to my nails and this does it. Great.

on 3/28/2011 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

it works - buy with confidence.

Top Rated OPI Products