April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Ridge Filler

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This ridge filler is top drawer! One coat makes my nails as smooth as if I had buffed them, is great before applying deep or dark colors and hides minute nail imperfections. What more do you want in a base coat?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love it! It prevents staining and my nailpolish stays on longer without chipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never used to use basecoats with my polish. I usually just relied on seche vite to keep my polish in place. However, as I started accumulating darker and darker colours, I realized I needed to do something to combat the awful nail staining that accompanies black and dark blue polish. I picked up this basecoat and some China Glazes at a random BSO one day. I'm pretty happy with it.

I don't have a lot of ridges to begin with, but any little imperfections are smoothed out and it makes the colour of polish pop as well. I also think it helps prolong the life of polish. When using this base, I don't have to use my precious seche vite. I can use a cheaper top coat and my polish stays on just as long, which is good.

I find the application sometimes to be a little tricky. I have medium length nails with wider nail beds, especially the thumbs. I really have to load up the brush before doing my thumbnails. Due to the fact that this stuff dries so quick, if I take the time to double-dip the applicator brush, the first strokes are already starting to dry and if I overlap a little, it makes the overlapped section a little lumpy. Also, the price isn't the best point ever (I got mine for $10.50 but I'm sure I could find it cheaper online) in stores. Other than that, this is a good base coat. I my try some others, but if I find this on sale in the future, I would probably buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mgalosouder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this Ridge Filler keeps getting bad reviews but IMO it is amazing!!! I have ridges from years of wearing acrylics and this product makes my nails look smooth and professionally done. I recommend this product and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually like to wear this on its own. One coat. It's not a flat dull matte-it's a satin finish. I'm one of those who prefers nubbins with perfectly groomed cuticles, and this polish is perfect for a clean natural look. I love a slight sheer white cast to my nails and this does it. Great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rezdechausee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it works - buy with confidence.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Smoogrish

This ridge filler does its job - fills in the ridges on my horrible nail beds nicely. It's a milky white color, which I don't have a problem with, but I can see it being a problem underneath sheers (the ridge filler leaves white lines when it fills ridges). I've finished about 2/3 of my bottle and am thinking of throwing it away at this point - it was great and really easy to apply for about half the bottle, but suddenly got thicker and thicker (I had to keep adding nail polish thinner to get it back to its original consistency). Overall, works great and makes my manis nice and smooth, but I would've liked it better if it hadn't thickened up near the end of the bottle.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by whiskyjar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. My nails have become stronger after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by rocksee

I really like this ridge filler as a base coat for nail polish-it evens out my nails and allows for a smoother application. Also since it's has a bit of a murky white finish, nail colors seem to show more opaque/vibrant on top. My polish seems to last longer with this as a base coat too (much better then Opi start-to-finish)! However, this being a ridge filler- it gets the job done but I can definitely still see some of my horizontal ridges through the nail polish color.
overall very pleased though!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I have very deep ridges and this seemed to be my cure! very cool!