November 23, 2014 | 1168 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Creme de Corps

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Kiehl's Creme de Corps is a work horse product for me that I use daily after showering, before going to bed. I find this works well because even though on my relatively dry skin it does not absorb really quickly, but when applying it and then putting on long pjs it does not matter and I wake up with well nourished skin in the morning. I don't think this is a particularly luxurious product, neither is it the most effective moisturizer but I keep this around because it works for me, it does not break me out and I like the packaging. It has no discernible scent, other than a faint smell from its ingredients, and the smell does not linger which I like, because it does not interfere with any perfume that I decide to wear. I buy the large 1-litre-pump bottle for $72 and it will last me close to a year. I find it pretty pricey but I have not put in much effort to find a replacement at a lower price point that I liked. If I find something similar at a better price I may reconsider, but for now I indicated that I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This cream was terrible. I had such high hopes for it because the SA said that it's their best seller and that everyone who bought it simply loves it. I couldn't even finish the entire bottle because of the smell and the grasy feeling. I know it's supposed to be unscented but i smelt something herbal, green, and medical. The smell also seemed to linger for a very long time which was unbearable for me. The greasiness didn't help either. So i threw it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Kiehl's but oddly, have never tried Creme de Corps, (a cult classic?). I've always been happy with my St. Ives, or for date night, I'd turn VS Vanilla Lace lotion so I just never thought about looking for anything else. So when I was gifted a 4 oz bottle of Creme de Corps for a trip, I confidently packed it away in my toiletry kit for use on the road. And now that I'm on the road, I wish I would have brought one of my regular lotions. Creme de Corps seems to sit on top of my skin the way that Vaseline lotion does, it just never sinks in and leaves my skin feeling, oddly tacky and thick-feeling, like a nasty medical balm, not silky, supple, or even feminine. People claim the lotion is unscented, but I smell it...faint glue-like scent in the bottle and disappears on the skin once worked in, the scent just adds to the the "ugh" feeling of this stuff...along with the yellow color and ugly bottle. And the cost of this stuff is not for the limited purse. Save your money ladies, Kiehl's may have a few products I love, but Creme de Corps is definitely not one I'd recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice-ish. Creme de Corps does take a while to be absorbed into my skin and until then it is rather greasy. After that, I find the moisturising effect pretty good. It survives hand washing and that is the ultimate test, in my book. Maybe it depends on how dry your skin was to start with? I cannot detect any smell at all, and that aspect does please me because I don't like heavily scented creams. I'm happy to use up my small bottle, but will I buy again? Probably not. It's expensive for what you get, so when the time comes I reckon I'll wince at the price and go back to Palmers or Aveeno.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by peekachoo

Awful product. Horrible smell, greasy, broke me out and to top it off stained my beautiful white linen nightie yellow. When i complained to Kiehls UK, I got an acknowledgement that said they will contact me regarding the issue yet i never heard a thing.
Vastly over-rated and over-priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

I love this moisturizer! I live in very dry climate & after using this for only 3 days - my dry elbows were cured. Some reviews on here say it's greasy and does not absorb quickly. I noticed it's "richer" than other creams, so do allow for dry time before dressing but I haven't had any issues with it being overly greasy - I LOVE this moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Advance warning: I have never actually paid for any of my Creme de Corps. I buy a lot of other Kiehl's products, so I usually have a coupon laying around for a free bottle with x-sized purchase.

That said, I like it. I work with sea animals, so I spend a lot of time with my hands in frigid, salt water, so they take a beating. I keep of bottle of the Creme de Corps on my desk and use it whenever I have the chance to sit down. I love that it's unscented, it makes my hands feel soft and hydrated, and it absorbs quickly (there's a residue feeling for the first five minutes or so).

Overall, if I ever do wind up having to pay for it, I probably will.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best conditions to apply this is in a cool environment, at night before bed and while wearing long sleeved and long pants pajamas. It is EXTREMELY greasy and takes a couple of hours to sink in. I made the mistake of applying this in the morning right before before heading out one hot sunny day while wearing and tank top and shorts, and the results were disastrous! I greased everything my skin came in contact with (handbag, people, taxi seat, doors etc). Also, as it was hot I naturally started to sweat and that left me uncomfortably sticky and slimy (sliminess also applies if it rains).

That said, it does leave your skin wonderfully soft and hydrated the following morning. I have very dry skin and this is the only body moisturizer that delivers this kind of results!

However, it is not the cheapest of moisturizers so I would alternate between this and a cheaper moisturizer (there are plenty out there - QV cream, Cetaphil moisturizing cream, etc).

Ingredients: Water, Squalane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame Seed) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Seed) Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin, Butylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Beta Carotene

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by vasiliki78

-Leaves an oily film
A definitely no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion has saved my hands and cuticles!!! I'm a chewer/picker, can't leave my cuticles alone and they always look horrible. I picked this up at Saks as kind of a last effort b/c nothing else was working no matter what creams, lotions, and cuticle treatments I tried. I've been using this for a week and the difference is amazing!! I bought the big 16 oz. pump bottle to keep next to my kitchen sink but will soon be purchasing another for my bathroom b/c this stuff is also excellent for after shaving your legs. Also, my skin is very sensitive and it doesn't bother me at all. Great stuff!!! I've tried the light version and while it's a nice moisturizer, the original is the best.

It comes in the following:

2.5 fl. oz. for $11.00 ($4.40 per ounce)
4.2 fl. oz. for $18.00 ($4.28 per ounce)
8.4 fl. oz. for $29.50 ($3.51 per ounce)
16.9 fl. oz. for $48.00 ($2.84 per ounce)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No