November 28, 2014 | 915 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

This works ok as a primer but the old formula was definitely better! Was very disappointed to buy it again only to realize it is not the same stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

THIS FORMULA HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!

I used to love this product. I am not a clinique foundation fan at all but this WAS one of their few great products. I applied it under my makeup and over my makeup. This is a small tube which is fine because I only needed a TINY amount. Make sure you remove a lot of this makeup as it will break you out of you don't. This completely used to fill up your pores and actually made me look great.

I HATE HATE HATE the new formula :( It worked SOOOO bad for me and broke me out terribly. I highly recommend not buying this new formula unless you still have the old stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hm, I use it every day, but I am not totally convinced. To be honest, this is the 3rd or 4th time I am getting it, mainly because compared to other primers (Laura Mercier etc) it's cheaper. I am also not sure if I want to give big money for another primer, only to discover it's worse that this one... It does make your makeup stay in place for much longer. I use it with ELDW and it lasts all day, with the ELDW BB cream is great too, but I started noticing some clogged pores every now and again and I have a feeling it's from this...As for minimizing pores, I am not too convinced: Skin appears smoother at first, but as the time goes by, the effect doesn't seem to last. I am only using it for making my makeup last longer, and will probably repurcahse in the absence of something better I guess...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxomakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I am indifferent to this product. At first use, I really loved it. Went on beautifully and felt wonderful. However I noticed it did not control any shine and wore off quickly. I have large pores around my nose and cheeks, and I felt it looks great after applying but does not last through the day, as the oils come out of your skin. All in all not a terrible product, just not right for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is an excellent primer. I tried a sample of this and loved it. I've since found a cheaper alternative that I love just as much so I never bought the full bottle of this - honestly it's too pricey for what you get, even if a little goes a long way.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by duwop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I have very oily skin which means I usually want to wash my face as soon as I get home. Instead, when I use this, my skin stays largely oil free - very unusual for me. It also has not made me break out and my blackheads actually look better at the moment - maybe as a consequence of the lack of oil?!
It can make my skin look a bit flakey if I overdo it. But I'm not too bothered by it. I also don't wear much makeup with it (a bit of Clinique stay matte powder) so I can't comment on foundation issues with it.
The big negative for me is the price. For such a small amount, I try only to use it on my nose/cheeks. For this reason, I was thinking of buying the clinique matte hydrator in the same line of products but it doesn't have quite as good reviews. I will definitely stick with this until I find a cheaper/more plentiful product.

UPDATE: SO ANGRY. Just bought this again, and the formula seems to have changed. I'm in the UK so while I know the US version had changed, that was a while ago and this is still in the same packaging so it is very misleading. The old one was FAR better at mattifying, it was somewhat hard to work with but at least it prevented oilyness. The new one is creamier in texture and just does not work at all well at maintaining matte skin. urgh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, don`t be put off by the small size of the tube. Although I`d purchase this stuff in a huge industrial tub if I could, the amount you get ( 0.5 fl ounce or 15 ml) seems like it wont go very far, but it really does.
It`s like a thick velvety putty that is almost impossible to waste if you use your fingers to apply and you generally never need to apply multiple layers. Used daily, it lasts me about 3 1/2 months. It works fairly well to soften shallow skin depressions and minimize the look of large pores, but it is a must try if you want to completely fill in deep skin divots or ice pick scars from acne. The technique I use is to squeeze out a small dollop onto my finger and press it at a 90 degree angle directly into the scar ( don`t rub or swipe) Once you`ve imbedded enough into the ice pick scars, let it settle for 10 seconds and then wipe over the areas very gently with your finger. It might sound time consuming, but you can accomplish this on multiple problematic areas in less than a minute. Honestly it works like wall spackle and the scars are virtually erased right before your eyes. I`ve tried this technique with samples from about 8 other high end pore minimizer/primers and too numerous to count extremely pricey concealers and they just don`t work at leveling out small deep pits which are extremely noticeable no matter how much makeup you slap on, especially when the light hits your face at a certain angle.In comparison to other primers/pore minimizers, the difference is that this product has the perfect consistency ( not too greasy, slippery or liquidy) the right amount of pigment and shadow diffusing properties for the use detailed above. Clear or nearly clear gel primers just don`t cut it. The trick is to get the right color for your skin tone- sadly, light, dark or clear is all you have to choose from, but the light works well for that skin tone that 75 percent of Caucasians have and the dark probably works pretty good with African, carmel or equatorial skin tones. It has no added scent, and is very effective at toning down and blurring the look of redness on the nose, chin and inner cheeks that results from rosacea. The only downside, is that it works SO well, you`ll be tempted to want to use it as an all over face primer which if used like this daily would likely result in having to purchase this stuff every month.
Truly a five star product from a cosmetic line I generally don`t even like.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Rebahol

No good for my dry to combination skin. Makes me flaky and still doesn't control shine. Very disappointed as initially it felt and looked amazing but it just doesn't last and the effects are poor.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Yskots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is quite pricey, but they way it works for me anyways is I would put it on and I would notice is it would tone down the oil on my t - zone, thus making the pores appear smaller, as soon as the the face started to get oily again, the pores looked exactly the same size as before.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by LondonBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pretty expensive. Didn't do a lot for the pores, but I do admit it did make a bit of a difference. Prob wouldn't buy again, but the product isn't terrible.