August 21, 2014 | 1706 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #213 Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by MissShellDawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The rounded bristle shape is ideal for application of eyeshadow on lid! I got this is the Passions Of Red: Devoted Poppy 6 Classic Eyes Palette. It is a SE, and not as good as the full size of course, but still works well! I will repurchase this brush in the full size for $22.50 from MAC!

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I was over at a friend's house and borrowed this to do a smokey eye, not knowing what brand/kind it was. This brush was so ultra soft, picked up the eyeshadow effortlessly, and was the perfect size for my small eyelids (I'm asian). I can see why those with bigger eyelids would complain about the small size but it was just the right size for me (if you are looking for a big, dense eyeshadow brush, try the POSH one). I had to go out and get my own 213. This brush does not shed but the downside is that it doesn't work well with MAC eyeshadows. MAC shadows are hard and take more effort to pick up, and the 213 barely picks up anything. It works fine with my softer shadows like Urban Decay and NARS though.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To those just starting out and are on here and reading reviews
to see which brush you should buy first.........

Skip this one!

Buy the 239 (a shader, that can pack color on the lid and then u can use it for crease and highlight)

And the 217( this can apply a wash of color anywhere,great for crease application and blends beautifully..... its an all in one baby!) These 2 are awesome! And a great investment...they will last well over 15 years if you really take care of them! Don't be afraid of their white hairs, they wash up beautifully, with baby shampoo! And try to only wash them once or twice a week tops!

Now back to this one,

If you want a thinner, bending shader brush then.....

Go buy the way better priced Target Brand brushes.

This way too expensive, for what it is!

I am sorry to say this about my beloved MAC! But, I am keeping it real!

I bought this because I love the tiny 213se's that come in their special season eyeshadow palettes. I wanted that but bigger! Well, I didn't get it!

I ordered straight from MAC Store so I know that this thin haired brush is authentic. Its Crazy!

The HAIRS BEND, if I just breathe on it...lol!

The HANDLE is VERY THIN TOO! No grip or the great MAC feel!

This also sheds like crazy.....For being so tiny and thin.

$22.50 price is just crazy for this thin thing!

Though, the rest of MAC ROCKS!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I don't reach for it much since it doesn't pack on colors like 239. I guess I can use it for more pigmented colors or black eyeshadows if I don't want to come off too harsh. It's a OK brush but not that versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Thrizyl

I just discovered 5 minutes ago that this really is a pretty great brush.

I got a tiny version of this brush along with one of the Christmas palettes and have been meaning to give it a try.

I am new to makeup and I find that product placement is one of my biggest problems as I may not have all the right tools.

I used this brush just now and it was great. It took a little longer to get the eye makeup on but but wow, perfect placement and I was able to blend the two colours I used perfectly with one brush.

It even worked great for my under-eye colour which is usually a problem for me as I tend to end up with raccoon eyes.

I am not sure if I will shell out the $ for the full size but for now, 213, I love you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this brush if I want to intensify my crease or outer v. I find it is the best brush to use if I want to apply a concentrated colour in only a certain part of my eyelid. For an all over colour or wash I would definately use something else. For an intense dark crease I would use this and then use a 217 to blend it out. I also use this to go under my eye as it is thinner than the pencil brush.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by puppyluv2620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

overall i feel like this brush is really under-rated. i think its an awesome brush! i particuarly like this for packing on eyeshadows. the 239 does pack on the color thicker (not sure if that is the right word for it) but the 213 is really good at placing and then blending out harsh lines like into the crease. i'm not saying this is a good crease brush because it isnt but once you place your lid color its good to just take this one and smooth out the edges. i tend to reach for this more than my 239 just because i find it easier to work with. if you have sigma brushes and you prefer the ss 239 to the mac one then i think this is a good brush to check out because they basically do the same job. the 213 is just smaller and probably not as densely packed as the ss239. it is one of my have to have brushes for everyday becuase i just find it easier to work with but its probably one of those personal prefernce brushes. it would also be good to use to place brow highlight colors

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by annaz26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel very strongly that this is just an O.K. brush. For twenty-threeish dollars, it's quite overpriced for what it is. Event the most dismally-stocked drugstore would have exactly this brush. It is nice quality and packs on product evenly. However, it is not nearly as special as other MAC eye brushes. If you're beginning with makeup, you'd be much better off investing in a more specialized brush like the beautiful blending or eyeliner brushes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works well for applying color (not too soft or too hard.) Deposits great.

CONS: No cover for the tip to protect it, not even a pouch.

ALTERNATES: For a less specific line and softer application, I prefer MAC 217 Blending brush. Cheap dupe for this is I love is Revlon All Over Shadow Brush, but the dupe has a bit softer/less specific application. (I don't mind because I prefer a bit less specific, defined application anyway.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush isnt bad, i just dont use it as much as others.
for the lid, the 239 is way better as it packs on color way more intensely and with more precision.
for the crease...come on now. 217, 222, 219, 224, but this one... no so much. it's an oval shaped, fluffyish brush, it just feels awkward in the crease.
for a wash- 227 or 217 cover your whole eye in a matter of 1 stroke!

maybe if you want a first mac brush you'd be interested, but i'd definitely pick up the 217 instead since it is the most multi-taskfing brush.