MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

on 11/16/2012 10:52:00 PM

Honey Lust is a pinky gold with golden flecks of small glitter. It's in the color family of Gleam, UD half baked and woodwinked and amber lights. I don't have any problem with fall out but I always prime my lid with moisturizer and a Mac Paintpot, or maybe a NYX JEP or the benefit's CCS which it all works quite effectively.
The glitter size is not chunky IMO, compared with the UD's Midnight cowboy rides again (actually any glitter shadow compared with that one is small glitter lol)
If you have problems with fall out you can also try wetting the shadows with some fix +.

on 9/22/2012 8:58:00 PM

I am NC20 skin (warm), medium-to-light brown eyes. Found this shadow lovely.
PROS:
1.Applies well
2.Lovely, warm, versatile color, with a nice shine
3.Stays on for hours without creasing

CONS:
1.As soon as one dips the brush in it, it feels kinda "hard" or chalky. nevertheless the color is easy to apply

overall, would repurchase!

ps.Shocked to find so many bad reviews in here. I dont even use a primer and I never had problems with application. Im using the gorgeous MAC 239 brush, apply with patting movements on lid and only notice minor fallout.

on 9/15/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Augh.. there is so much FALL OUT with this eyeshadow!!!! I thought it was me until I looked on here. I don't really want to have to apply it to something wet underneath to get it to stay. The color is too shocking for a daily look. Won't repurchase!!

I didn't really like this eyeshadow. It wasnt very pigmented, it was more glittery.

on 5/10/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't usually like lustres, but I was looking for something to wear with Humid and a SA paired these two up. I really like the colour, on me it goes on as a bright coppery gold.
So why only 3 lippies? The only way I can get to go on and stay on is to apply UDPP, then an Australis cream es (completely useless on its own), then pat on Honey Lust while looking down 'onto' a handmirror to try to control the fallout. I don't regret having the colour is my stash, but honestly, I don't like Honey Lust enough to go through all that faffing around very often.

on 9/6/2011 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Maybe my skin tone is just too dark for this shadow but I just cannot wear it. When I swatched it at the mac counter I thought it would be a great day-wear eyeshadow, but when I brought it home and have experimented with it i seem to have no such luck. The color is not strong enough and the glitter fallout drives me bonkers. Oh well. I have it stuck in my neutral palette if I ever need something light to highlight with.

on 8/27/2011 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this eyeshadow! There's nothing quite like it! I'd say that it would work on any skin. On my cool toned fair to medium skin it looks like a dark warm gold. More metallic than shimmery in my opinion. It's great for blending with other shadows for a smokey eyed look.

on 8/7/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the first M.A.C product I ever bought. I love it :)
Despite what other people say, it's a good product. It's got a subtle shimmer, which can be built up. It's a pretty sheer colour, a light espresso colour almost which you can easily get away with at school or at work. Build it up and it becomes a earthy brown which is beautiful. I'd definately buy it again (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow was way too glittery for me. It didn't seem to be pressed well (probably because of the giant sparkle particles) and broke soon after I bought it. I tried pouring it into an empty plastic vial but it became a mess of glitter every time I tried to use it. Too bad, because it's a nice shade, just too much hassle to try and put on. If you mix it with a mixing medium it might be easier to apply, but I have too many similar shadows so I haven't tried that. (You can make a homemade mixing medium by mixing glycerin with water OR you can buy one from Coastal Scents and other websites.) Good luck!

on 7/30/2011 1:34:00 AM

I actually really like Honey Lust. It was one of the first MAC shadows I bought, and I never looked up reviews of it online or anything beforehand. Then I found out that it's hated by a lot of people and so many say it's the worst shadow ever from MAC.

As far as the glitter problem goes, if I use a base with it, I don't ever have a fallout problem. I don't find the glitter horribly chunky, either. It's definitely not a fine shimmer, but I would say it's on par with the chunky glittery shadows from UD.

I find this color incredibly flattering in the summer. I use it a lot on the inner half of my lid, with woodwinked on the outer half and outer V. I get SO many compliments when I wear it. It just has a really pretty metallic finish to it, which looks so good with a dewy skin summer look. I don't find I wear it a ton in the winter, but I especially love it for summer and even fall with a plum color.

But yeah, I don't have fallout issues with this shadow and I really like it!

Top Rated MAC Products