October 25, 2014 | 1626 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Augh.. there is so much FALL OUT with this eyeshadow!!!! I thought it was me until I looked on here. I don't really want to have to apply it to something wet underneath to get it to stay. The color is too shocking for a daily look. Won't repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Crazycubbie18

I didn't really like this eyeshadow. It wasnt very pigmented, it was more glittery.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't usually like lustres, but I was looking for something to wear with Humid and a SA paired these two up. I really like the colour, on me it goes on as a bright coppery gold.
So why only 3 lippies? The only way I can get to go on and stay on is to apply UDPP, then an Australis cream es (completely useless on its own), then pat on Honey Lust while looking down 'onto' a handmirror to try to control the fallout. I don't regret having the colour is my stash, but honestly, I don't like Honey Lust enough to go through all that faffing around very often.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by vancesa

Maybe my skin tone is just too dark for this shadow but I just cannot wear it. When I swatched it at the mac counter I thought it would be a great day-wear eyeshadow, but when I brought it home and have experimented with it i seem to have no such luck. The color is not strong enough and the glitter fallout drives me bonkers. Oh well. I have it stuck in my neutral palette if I ever need something light to highlight with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Debbie41176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow! There's nothing quite like it! I'd say that it would work on any skin. On my cool toned fair to medium skin it looks like a dark warm gold. More metallic than shimmery in my opinion. It's great for blending with other shadows for a smokey eyed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by shirleeeyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first M.A.C product I ever bought. I love it :)
Despite what other people say, it's a good product. It's got a subtle shimmer, which can be built up. It's a pretty sheer colour, a light espresso colour almost which you can easily get away with at school or at work. Build it up and it becomes a earthy brown which is beautiful. I'd definately buy it again (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This eyeshadow was way too glittery for me. It didn't seem to be pressed well (probably because of the giant sparkle particles) and broke soon after I bought it. I tried pouring it into an empty plastic vial but it became a mess of glitter every time I tried to use it. Too bad, because it's a nice shade, just too much hassle to try and put on. If you mix it with a mixing medium it might be easier to apply, but I have too many similar shadows so I haven't tried that. (You can make a homemade mixing medium by mixing glycerin with water OR you can buy one from Coastal Scents and other websites.) Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I actually really like Honey Lust. It was one of the first MAC shadows I bought, and I never looked up reviews of it online or anything beforehand. Then I found out that it's hated by a lot of people and so many say it's the worst shadow ever from MAC.

As far as the glitter problem goes, if I use a base with it, I don't ever have a fallout problem. I don't find the glitter horribly chunky, either. It's definitely not a fine shimmer, but I would say it's on par with the chunky glittery shadows from UD.

I find this color incredibly flattering in the summer. I use it a lot on the inner half of my lid, with woodwinked on the outer half and outer V. I get SO many compliments when I wear it. It just has a really pretty metallic finish to it, which looks so good with a dewy skin summer look. I don't find I wear it a ton in the winter, but I especially love it for summer and even fall with a plum color.

But yeah, I don't have fallout issues with this shadow and I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Foveolata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great, one of my most reached for eyeshadows! I use this for a brown/gold smokey eye as a blending color between my darker colors and my highlighter.

I have very oily lids, and have to use a primer, such as UDPP, or MAC Paint, to make any shadow last, even so, most shadows crease inside two hours. Not Mac. With primer, this shadow lasts, and the color stays true.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Marissa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find this eyeshadow a bit of a mystery. I personally don't like it all that much because of the previously mentioned glitteryness, and also because it looks a bit too orange on me. But on the odd occasions when I do wear it I get compliments galore... wierd.