July 22, 2014 | 2429 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by swedishbeautyjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Gleam so much! It's one of my absolute favourite lid colours and it looks gorgeous with, well, any crease colour. I'm very pale (NC15) so it shows up on my skin, but I'd imagine it would work wonderfully as a highlight colour for women with darker skin than I. I don't understand why people dislike the lustre finishes so much... I personally don't have a problem with them - if I use a flat shader brush and pat it on I barely get any fallout. I added a picture where I've paired it with Sable (in the crease), and I think that combination looks really good (too bad my tired eyes don't look as good...) :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ergiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty colour in the pan, but in all honesty the colour payoff isn't too great. I use it as a highlight mostly, and I find that if you wet the brush the colour payoff improves slightly. Most likely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not know why some people are so down on this shadow. Yes, it is the dreaded lustre finish complete with some requisite fall out. However, the fall out can be lessened by dampening your brush before application. Once you do that, you will see the beautiful peachy golden glitter of Gleam. The name is really apropos--the shadow color and finish do create an ethereal glow. It seems like Gleam would work for all skin from light to dark and warm to cool. I think this color is really lovely and great for an allover...gleam or just a hint of glint.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lavellex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went into my local MAC store looking for a high end version of a shimmery peach colored shadow. Gleam ended of being the perfect eyeshadow, and exactly what I was looking for. You do have to sort of press this stuff on, rather that just dusting it across your eyelid. Also, it looks great on top of peach, neutral eyeshadow, etc. I really like the color so I feel if you can learn to counteract some of its negative features (fallout) by pressing it on/using a primer it's a beautiful shimmery peach neutral for everyday or going out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dremay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me give you grrls the low-down on this color. Here's my story: I received this in a swap. Uninterested in the color, just as an extra for back to MAC goodies. I complained about what everyone else complained about; rough texture, not enough color-payoff. At the last minute I decided to depot it just to keep in my stash. Because let's face it, the color is just too pretty...I put in on as a BLUSH on a whim. WOW. it has a bit of that Nars Orgasm thing going on, and can pass for a mineralized blush duo because of it's duo-chrome factor. Also works great as a highlighter for blushes like Springsheen and Margin. I'm so glad I kept it. USE IT AS A BLUSH/HIGHLIGHTER.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by kdek004

I used this over MAC cream color base in Pearl and it makes all the difference. It's replaced my HG All That Glitters.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ingyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

very pretty color but too much glitter in it for me - seems like it is mainly glitter rather than color, if it was less glittery i could use it but as it it i don't... find it more so than my other lustre mac eyeshadow (which is honesty - i use that over top of other eyeshadows to warm them up)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this shadow, I hated it. It was just that nasty lustre finish. I talked to an MA later and she suggested I use a flat shader brush rather than a fluffy shader brush. It really helped! Now I love this. It's a beautiful peachy slightly pink shadow with a gold simmer/glitter to it. It's a great lid color. I wore it with Haux the other day and loved it. It lasted all day with a primer. Highly recommend it but just make sure and use the correct brush!
Edit-sometimes for whatever reason my brush trick doesn't work. Then I use my finger like another review suggested and it helps. Also, I tried Urban Decay "X" because it's so similar. X is more gold and less pink and the texture isn't glittery but there is still fall out. In the end I prefer Gleam.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by allison1331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Of my 40+ MAC eye shadows this is BY FAR my least favorite! The color pay-off is laughable and pathetic. This was one of the first eye shadows I ever bought from MAC and I can still see the press marks on it from when it was made lol. The color in the tin is also quite deceiving, I always find myself drawn to it in the store picking it back up time and time again, only to be reminded of the disappointment I encountered the few times I gave it an open minded try. Honey Lust is a far better gold tone, or if youíre looking for a pinky gold (as GLEAM appeared to be to me) try layering Sweet Lust over the Honey Lust. Sorry for the venting, Iím very passionate about my eye shadows......

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by nmnikki

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

too much fall out, not enough color payoff