September 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Did not work for me. Used it as an under eye concealer and within the hour it had creased everywhere and just looked terrible. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess this is an OK concealer. It's about average. As I'm still on the hunt for that 'perfect' concealer, I've tried a wide range of products. This isn't the worst, but definitely not the best. It covers up any redness or blemishes pretty well, but I find it to be a little too drying. And after a full day of wearing, it tends to get cakey. It was worth the try, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by HoneyP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hard to apply. Doesn't absorb quickly. Doesn't stay for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, I would like to say that my dark circles aren't very prominent, hence I don't use concealer on my under eyes, and that I tend to like to use under eye concealers to use on my blemishes simply because they look more natural than blemish concealers.
That said, this concealer has full coverage. I don't like to apply it with the sponge applicator not only because it's unhygenic, but also because there's often too much product on the sponge to apply directly onto my skin.
On my dark circles, it's not good. From the looks of the concealer, I already knew it would settle into my fine lines before I even applied it. Why? Because it's too thick. Period. The consistency of this concealer is liquid-to-creamy, bordering on creamy. You should NEVER apply thick/creamy concealer on your eye area because it's simply too thick for the thin, delicate eye area, hence looking cakey and obvious, all the while settling into lines, as was the case with this concealer. You can sheer it out by blending, if you want, but I'd just stick with a liquid concealer.
On my blemishes, however, it's actually pretty good. I prefer my MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers over this, for blemishes, but if I ran out of those, I wouldn't mind using this.
It does last all day long (without primer and powder) without any fading or caking. But like all face makeup, it WILL emphasize dryness, so moisturize beforehand.
I would rate this 4 stars, but since its primary purpose meant for the under eyes, I'm only going to rate it 2 stars for its purpose.
It retails for $8-$10 depending where you purchase it.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

im not sure how i feel about this concealer. i mean, it has good coverage, but the color is a bit grey and is reflective. not greasy or shiny though :) so this is not the best concealer, but certainly can cover dark circles. (my under-eye area is very dull). im still looking for a better one.

doesnt last all day.

pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by xjanerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually really liked this concealer. It was moisturizing for underneath the eyes and covered dark circles well. I used medium and I am NC35 and usually Warm Golden in the CS range

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Ok, I am confused. Which concealer is this? Some talk about clicks, some about dabbing, and there are two different products in the photos.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Very good value for money, versatile, do-anything all round concealer. Super portable and very long wear. Doesn't transfer. Neutral colours. Stupid stupid stupid packaging - I am impatient and waiting for the product to oooze upwards via the clicks infuriates me. On the positive side, once a blob of product has squeezed up onto the applicator pad, it can be left on there without degrading provided the cap is replaced carefully. I use a small firm eyeshadow brush to apply this, picking up tiny amounts from the applicator tip with the brush. A little goes a long way. I use this for covering red patches and a horrid vein. It glides well over pores and reduces the appearance slightly. It is drying on the undereye area, but doesn't crease. I am not keen on the dry undereye sensation though, so I am searching for a hyrdating concealer to use in that area. But this is a very very good all round product, and can be used with liquid foundation (apply after foundation) or with a powder foundation (apply conc first, then powder).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SFlowers89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quickly figured out that you have to know how to apply this concealer otherwise your undereyes will look like cakey pats of makeup. Yikes! Use a very light hand and lightly dab with a ring finger, then immediately set with a light dusting of powder. It won't do much for really blue-y undertones, but if you've had a late night, it does an OK job of brightening up. Would I repurchase? Yeah... probably. Until something better comes along at least.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because the revlon age defying moisturizing concealer was discontinued. That concealer had .37 oz in it lasting me over a year of daily use vs this one only having a measly .04oz that only lasted me two months of daily use. I used about 5 clicks a day.
------
I'm new to the click concealer thing. This was a twist click with a sponge on the top. After the first clicks and getting it to come out it was pretty consistent with how much came out per click after that. I sometimes dabbed it directly under my eyes than blended with my fingers. other times I just put it in my finger and than to my eye.
------
The price is expensive as heck for measly .04oz but I bought this when it was on sale for 40% off and revlon had a $5 off manufacturer coupon. I got it for only $1. I would never ever pay full price for this, I would only buy it if it was on sale and I had a coupon.
----
Right away I noticed I liked this better because it didn't smear my eyeliner or make me have racoon eyes. I think my concealer before was contributing to having crazy racoon eyes because it's not as intense/scary looking at all now.
----
I only use concealers with ss, so the options are limited. This covered my under eyes (they are red in the morning) and did not crease or cake up. It did not smell like anything which was good because I dislike anything scented on my face.