Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/29/2013 7:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

As a college student, I know sleepless nights can take a toll on my eyes, and I must say I have my fair share of dark circles and some occasions of puffiness especially after a night of cramming. Hence, I am very discerning when it comes to undereye makeup and skin care. So far, I have been using this product and have finished two pens so far. The shade is absolutely perfect for my skin tone (I'm fair to ivory) and it only takes a few dabs per undereye and you can easily spread the product using your ring finger. Coverage is very good and a little goes a long way, so for a product of its price, I say it's a worthy steal.

on 4/21/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased this again after many years of using EL Double Wear Concealer in the hope of saving some money in this waning economy. Stupidly I didn't compare them properly before purchasing.
The CS started running out after about a month and a half which finally prompted me to look at the amount of product which is .04 oz/1.18 ml for about $11.00!! That and a lot of product seemed to get absorbed by the applicator tip. The clicking mechanism also either didn't dispense enough or too much which was very annoying. Compared to EL DW this is no bargain at all. EL is .24 oz/7ml and lasts me for more than a year and costs $26.00.
As for the product, the Revlon does not wear as well or cover quite as well although it's not a bad dupe. The only advantage to the Revlon is the spf 15 but I use a sunscreen in my eye area so this is irrelevant to me.
I have used many of these in the past but I will NOT repurchase again. You live and learn little things everyday.

on 2/15/2013 10:28:00 AM

Did not work for me. Used it as an under eye concealer and within the hour it had creased everywhere and just looked terrible. Do not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I guess this is an OK concealer. It's about average. As I'm still on the hunt for that 'perfect' concealer, I've tried a wide range of products. This isn't the worst, but definitely not the best. It covers up any redness or blemishes pretty well, but I find it to be a little too drying. And after a full day of wearing, it tends to get cakey. It was worth the try, but I won't repurchase.

on 1/29/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hard to apply. Doesn't absorb quickly. Doesn't stay for a long time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

First of all, I would like to say that my dark circles aren't very prominent, hence I don't use concealer on my under eyes, and that I tend to like to use under eye concealers to use on my blemishes simply because they look more natural than blemish concealers.
That said, this concealer has full coverage. I don't like to apply it with the sponge applicator not only because it's unhygenic, but also because there's often too much product on the sponge to apply directly onto my skin.
On my dark circles, it's not good. From the looks of the concealer, I already knew it would settle into my fine lines before I even applied it. Why? Because it's too thick. Period. The consistency of this concealer is liquid-to-creamy, bordering on creamy. You should NEVER apply thick/creamy concealer on your eye area because it's simply too thick for the thin, delicate eye area, hence looking cakey and obvious, all the while settling into lines, as was the case with this concealer. You can sheer it out by blending, if you want, but I'd just stick with a liquid concealer.
On my blemishes, however, it's actually pretty good. I prefer my MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear concealers over this, for blemishes, but if I ran out of those, I wouldn't mind using this.
It does last all day long (without primer and powder) without any fading or caking. But like all face makeup, it WILL emphasize dryness, so moisturize beforehand.
I would rate this 4 stars, but since its primary purpose meant for the under eyes, I'm only going to rate it 2 stars for its purpose.
It retails for $8-$10 depending where you purchase it.
Would I repurchase? No.

on 12/23/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

im not sure how i feel about this concealer. i mean, it has good coverage, but the color is a bit grey and is reflective. not greasy or shiny though :) so this is not the best concealer, but certainly can cover dark circles. (my under-eye area is very dull). im still looking for a better one.

doesnt last all day.

pale.

on 12/13/2012 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I actually really liked this concealer. It was moisturizing for underneath the eyes and covered dark circles well. I used medium and I am NC35 and usually Warm Golden in the CS range

on 12/11/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I am confused. Which concealer is this? Some talk about clicks, some about dabbing, and there are two different products in the photos.

on 12/6/2012 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Very good value for money, versatile, do-anything all round concealer. Super portable and very long wear. Doesn't transfer. Neutral colours. Stupid stupid stupid packaging - I am impatient and waiting for the product to oooze upwards via the clicks infuriates me. On the positive side, once a blob of product has squeezed up onto the applicator pad, it can be left on there without degrading provided the cap is replaced carefully. I use a small firm eyeshadow brush to apply this, picking up tiny amounts from the applicator tip with the brush. A little goes a long way. I use this for covering red patches and a horrid vein. It glides well over pores and reduces the appearance slightly. It is drying on the undereye area, but doesn't crease. I am not keen on the dry undereye sensation though, so I am searching for a hyrdating concealer to use in that area. But this is a very very good all round product, and can be used with liquid foundation (apply after foundation) or with a powder foundation (apply conc first, then powder).