July 30, 2014 | 1000 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does what it claims it really does hold your makeup in place for hours. Here's another things that it will do- hold your hair in place, when you don't have hairspray. I was at my boyfriend's house and we ere going out, and I didn't have any hairspray at his house. But I did have this makeup spray and used it because I was in a pinch. It held my hair better than any hair spray that I own. Now, I know that is probably isn't the healthiest stuff for my hair (I'm pretty sure it has lots of alcohol in it) but when you're in a bind, there's another use for it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't remember who on MU recommended this but man do i owe them a big high five. I bought a little bottle of it and it holds my makeup on like iron.

I like the beauty parlor smell and the slight sting when it goes on, but YMMV. I have combination skin and I do get a slight shine but a little finishing powder takes this out.

My makeup has never held like this in my life and I don't find it drying on my combination skin. Very affordable and made to hold stage makeup on under hot lights, so it is really in a class by itself when it comes to makeup fixatives. Big, big thumbs up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this spray based on the rave reviews, but I just can't get it to work for me. I've tried both spraying it directly according to the bottle instructions, and also spraying into the air and letting the product fall onto my face as recommended here, but although the latter does indeed work best for applying it evenly, both ways make my face look a little bit shiny in places (I spray after using Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder), like plastic looking, and it makes the skin a little tight. Now, that is fine, as it feels a bit like hairspray for the face. Five minutes later, however, the make-up around the areas where my pores are bigger looks very, very dry and kind of patchy, like bad quality powder foundation. Still, I could live even with that if at least it made the make-up last. But it doesn't! I've tried it several days thinking that perhaps it was my application that was flawed, but after 6 hours or so every day I used this spray my make-up would look very cracked, dry, and flaky, and it seemed to melt off weirdly. It absolutely did not help make my make-up last longer, as I usually get a good 6-8 hours of nice looking make-up until it starts to fade or my skin gets oily.

The liquid itself has a very strong mint smell, so beware if you're sensitive! Also, make sure you close your eyes while spraying or it'll burn and itch.

All in all, I'm sad this disastrous experience has been my introduction to setting sprays, but what works for one person might not work for another, I suppose!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Mandy280

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the holy grail to setting sprays. It is minty smelling, like mouth wash, and feels a bit sticky as it is drying but keeps my makeup looking flawless all day. Be sure to put your mascara on after you spray this on though, or else it'll cause your eyes to water and them your mascara will run.

I have oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin. This setting spray doesn't affect my skin in any bad ways. I will continue to use this for as long as it is available.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this spray and will never change it or try any other spray! I own it for about 4 months now and it works so well, I don't even need to put powder to set foundation etc.
Recently I was going back by bus home from shopping centre, but it was a day when we had a huge gig on stadium in our city and the traffic was so bad that I decided to walk, and I walked for an hour under the heaviest rain you can imagine, and guess what, I walked in my house and looked in a mirror, and EVERYTHING, my whole makeup was still perfect, I even asked my boyfriend if it's ok, and he said it's gorg, and I was like WOW, you need this in your life!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by sparkle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product based on the reviews on this site. First of all, let me say that this product does, in fact, do what it says it will. That being said, I have to say that this product is one of the nastiest smelling products ever! I really felt like I was going to gag a number of times until the scent finally went away. If you can stomach the disgusting scent for awhile, this is an effective product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by satisverborum2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I managed to snap up a big bottle of this from a website selling theatre and stage makeup. I am quite glad that I managed to get hold of this item because it has totally changed the duration of my makeup. At first, I didn't know how to use this item so what I did was pour a tiny amount onto a brush and sweep it all over my face. However, I found that my face got sticky over time and it looked disgusting. Then, I heard that it's best to pour it into a spritzer bottle. So, bought a small atomizer and poured a very small amount into the atomizer. Then, I used the atomizer to spray a very small amount of the final seal onto my face. I then used a brush to spread it around. It was only then with this new method that I finally saw the result. My makeup stayed put all day. I've got a very oily skin and all my foundations used to rub off but ever since I got the final seal my collar stayed clean. In my opinion, this is a miracle worker and a staple in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No matter what makeup I wear or what I do, my makeup never last. When removing my makeup i found that there wasnt any foundation left as it had faded throughout the day and my eye makeup usually fades or smudges. Until i found this! This product is truely amazing and actually made my makeup last all day! When i was removing my makeup i found that there is so much foundation left after a long day when i use this product. It smells like mouthwash and gives you a tingly feeling when first applied.(i give 4 good generous sprays) To makes my eye makeup last and smudge proof i spray some on a concealer brush and pat it around my eye(make sure you dont open your eyes till it evaporates for awhile or it will irritate). The thing about the packaging is that when you spray it on your face there is some bigger droplets and usually isnt a fine mist but after i spray it i just use a beauty blender to spread it evenly. The downside about this product is that it leaves my face shiny(not oily) but showly becomes unnoticeable. I tried blotting paper but doesnt make a difference. By the way, it doesnt block my pores, cause breakout or dry out my face which is a plus (:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by 4starstolove

I bought this off of e bay it was inexpensive, here are my cons It feels sticky on my face it goes away after a while but I usually spray it while in my bath towel so my Chest get a yucky sticky residue, I don't really like the smell it has a minty smell but I can live I've out worse things on my face. I use model in a bottle I have to say those to have worked the best will I buy it again yes!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Spritzer on this product is a bit of a problem as a result after applying the product I go in with a brush and stipple it all over to get its evenly distributed. If you have a nice mister like the one in the Tresseme Heat Tamer Spray, use it.

Make sure you dont spray it too close to the face or it will apply too much.

Pro
Great Price
Sets makeup on there!
No break outs

Con
Inefficient spritzer
Makeup sinks into pores after
May make your face feel tight
You may not appreciate the smell or tingling on the skin

I apply a light application of E.L.F HD setting powder to the centre of my face after this has dried. That product actually make my pores disappear.

If your makeup tends to disappear this is a good product though there is also Skindinavia and Kryolan etc that are also options. Its better than not having it on because you don't have to reapply.