Eyeko Eyeko's Cream

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Jojoba Esters, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Magnesium Aluminum Silica, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Butylated Hydroxyanisole. May contain: CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI 75470 (Carmine).

I was expecting a lot from this product, since I have heard loads of great stuff about it. But when I got it I was a little disappointed, I didn't get mine in a nice box (so that was a little annoying) and its just too shimmery, I have been using it for about 2 weeks as moisturiser highlighter but it just isnt working so Im going back to my old stuff. I will probs still use to highlight my cheeks but thats all really and like everyone says it is quite unhygienic. Oh! also it is rubbish as a moisturiser it dries waaaay to quickly for my liking.

on 3/30/2010 9:05:00 AM

I purchased this after hearing a review of it on you tube. I thought that it might be an effective highlighter or blush and the cost was low. I had to order it since I live in the US and it took forever for me to get it. Once I did I was definitely underwhelmed. Although it does provide a slight sheen where placed on the face, I have yet to find a way to use it effectively. Sometimes on the weekend when I wear little make up I will rub a little into my cheeks but that's about it. The tub you get for the price is great - although I had to pay shipping charges and now hardly use it. I would go for benefit's high beam or one of Nar's or MAC's highlighters before messing with this. Sometimes even when something doesn't cost that much - its still wasting money!

on 3/30/2010 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I thought i would love this cream but i dont it too shimmery in my opinion. I love the packaging though due to the fact that it is pink..

on 3/14/2010 1:27:00 AM

I was a bit shocked at the mass of pink when I opened it, honestly it looked a bit gross, but it turned out to be a rather neat little highlighter.

Great highlighter for cheeks and bridge of nose to brighten up the face. I haven't tried it anywhere else, nor as a moisturiser, so I can't comment there, but this is a good highlighter that is dirt cheap. I don't need much of it, so I wouldn't even contemplate putting it on my whole face.

Packaging is a bit meh though and I agree with the other comments about hygiene (hence 1 lippie off), but since I am the only one using it I am happy to live with it. And there is so much in the jar I don't need to ever buy again.

-----

Edit - have taken another lippie off - this stuff really accentuates dry skin (thought it had moisturising properties?) - I really try to stick to using this on cheeks, where it is most likely to actually look good and where my skin is best. So yeah, a bit meh but it wasn't expensive, oh well.

This is very lovely as a highlighter. It is not heavy or cakey. Packaging kind of "little girl-like" but overall nice product.

on 11/8/2009 7:59:00 AM

The packaging is adorable!
I would only really use as a highlighter on cheek bones ect. because it is very shimmery- i wouldn't use all over!It will last me forever as there's loads and it is cute. Not the best but its shimmery, pretty and not that expensive.

on 10/11/2009 10:59:00 AM

This stuff is OK. It is versatile as many other MUA reviewers have said. The packaging is awful because it is a screw top jar that you have to dip your fingers in -not very hygienic. You do get a ton of product that I will probably never use up in this lifetime!
I use this as a highlighter on cheekbones and browline. Mix a dab with a light moisturizer on my "make-up free" days. I would not repurchase.

on 10/11/2009 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product!
the package is really cute, as always.
but you really need to test it out before you actually wear it on a daily basis.
if you put on too much, your face will look shiny and weird
i even had the problem that when i put it on when i already had foundation on, it would make my skin uneven.
and underneath foundation if you use to much, it will flake.
but its still a wonderfull product you just need to find the right amount :3

on 8/23/2009 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am really happy with this product! My skin is really oily in some points but since I started using it as part of my daily routine it got much better. I do not really use it instead of my mosturizer, but just as an highlighter as I don't wear much makeup, especially in summer. I also tried it mixed with my usual fundation and it works pretty well.
The shimmer look is really subtle if you don't use too much cream and gives you a nice glow without making you look fake.
I also love the packaging, so cute. I will definetly buy it again.

on 7/27/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes and expectation for this product as I had heard so many good things about it and Eyeko in general. This cream is absolutely garbage. The packaging is cheap and toy-like. The actual cream when applied made my face look plastic, synthetic, fake and glitterful. It's as if ll they've done is thrown in a chunk of glitter and mixed it in with a moisturizer. Complete waste of money. Very cheap product that doesn't deliver results. More like a toy, kids might enjoy this to add glitter to their skin..other than that.. this isn't worth even a dollar of my money. Horrible product.