August 27, 2014 | 1869 users online

Highlighters - Eyeko - Eyeko's Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBearBee

I was expecting a lot from this product, since I have heard loads of great stuff about it. But when I got it I was a little disappointed, I didn't get mine in a nice box (so that was a little annoying) and its just too shimmery, I have been using it for about 2 weeks as moisturiser highlighter but it just isnt working so Im going back to my old stuff. I will probs still use to highlight my cheeks but thats all really and like everyone says it is quite unhygienic. Oh! also it is rubbish as a moisturiser it dries waaaay to quickly for my liking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I purchased this after hearing a review of it on you tube. I thought that it might be an effective highlighter or blush and the cost was low. I had to order it since I live in the US and it took forever for me to get it. Once I did I was definitely underwhelmed. Although it does provide a slight sheen where placed on the face, I have yet to find a way to use it effectively. Sometimes on the weekend when I wear little make up I will rub a little into my cheeks but that's about it. The tub you get for the price is great - although I had to pay shipping charges and now hardly use it. I would go for benefit's high beam or one of Nar's or MAC's highlighters before messing with this. Sometimes even when something doesn't cost that much - its still wasting money!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by netandritha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought i would love this cream but i dont it too shimmery in my opinion. I love the packaging though due to the fact that it is pink..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by maashi

I was a bit shocked at the mass of pink when I opened it, honestly it looked a bit gross, but it turned out to be a rather neat little highlighter.

Great highlighter for cheeks and bridge of nose to brighten up the face. I haven't tried it anywhere else, nor as a moisturiser, so I can't comment there, but this is a good highlighter that is dirt cheap. I don't need much of it, so I wouldn't even contemplate putting it on my whole face.

Packaging is a bit meh though and I agree with the other comments about hygiene (hence 1 lippie off), but since I am the only one using it I am happy to live with it. And there is so much in the jar I don't need to ever buy again.

-----

Edit - have taken another lippie off - this stuff really accentuates dry skin (thought it had moisturising properties?) - I really try to stick to using this on cheeks, where it is most likely to actually look good and where my skin is best. So yeah, a bit meh but it wasn't expensive, oh well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is very lovely as a highlighter. It is not heavy or cakey. Packaging kind of "little girl-like" but overall nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by MimiPinkque

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging is adorable!
I would only really use as a highlighter on cheek bones ect. because it is very shimmery- i wouldn't use all over!It will last me forever as there's loads and it is cute. Not the best but its shimmery, pretty and not that expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mdbutee

This stuff is OK. It is versatile as many other MUA reviewers have said. The packaging is awful because it is a screw top jar that you have to dip your fingers in -not very hygienic. You do get a ton of product that I will probably never use up in this lifetime!
I use this as a highlighter on cheekbones and browline. Mix a dab with a light moisturizer on my "make-up free" days. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by oceanvoices

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!
the package is really cute, as always.
but you really need to test it out before you actually wear it on a daily basis.
if you put on too much, your face will look shiny and weird
i even had the problem that when i put it on when i already had foundation on, it would make my skin uneven.
and underneath foundation if you use to much, it will flake.
but its still a wonderfull product you just need to find the right amount :3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am really happy with this product! My skin is really oily in some points but since I started using it as part of my daily routine it got much better. I do not really use it instead of my mosturizer, but just as an highlighter as I don't wear much makeup, especially in summer. I also tried it mixed with my usual fundation and it works pretty well.
The shimmer look is really subtle if you don't use too much cream and gives you a nice glow without making you look fake.
I also love the packaging, so cute. I will definetly buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by saitechiru

I had high hopes and expectation for this product as I had heard so many good things about it and Eyeko in general. This cream is absolutely garbage. The packaging is cheap and toy-like. The actual cream when applied made my face look plastic, synthetic, fake and glitterful. It's as if ll they've done is thrown in a chunk of glitter and mixed it in with a moisturizer. Complete waste of money. Very cheap product that doesn't deliver results. More like a toy, kids might enjoy this to add glitter to their skin..other than that.. this isn't worth even a dollar of my money. Horrible product.