April 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by jstrake1

I'm in love!!!!! I was searching for a blush that would warm my face and provide the right amount of color to the cheek. As a WOC (NC 44 for reference) it can be a little difficult finding blushes that actually show up on the skin..and the ones that do show up are sometimes too bright!! I've always admired blushes that have that warm bronzy look, but provide the right amount of pink at the same time. Lovejoy is it! I love that it isn't super glittery yet it gives the right amount of glow to the skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for a while after purchasing it by mistake online. I decided to try something different today as we are now in Autumn and I wanted a different look. I'm NW20 in MAC (maybe NW25 at the moment) and B20 in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua dark brunette with brown eyes.

I wore this with Chanel Rouge Coco lippie in Bois des iles and the look was polished, professional and classic.

You do need a light hand with this if you have fair skin and I found I need to blend it out a little as at first it seems too dark, too brown, just too something! But once blended out it's beautiful. People commented on my skin all day.

I wear NARS blushes more towards the backs of the cheeks than on the apples as the shimmer tends to highlight large pores and this blush worked well the same way.

I took a lippie off because I find prolonged use of NARS blushes seems to cause congestion / small black heads on my cheeks wherever I have used them. It's unusual because I've never had that problem before using NARS blush. Also the price. Here in Australia, these babies are pricey!

But I love the look and I'm glad for my accidental purchase! I said I would repurchase again although at the rate I use products like blush it would be years before I needed to and by then i'm likely to have found something I like better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by BelleFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this blush. Its so warm and always makes my complexion look so healthy. Its definitely a winner. I try other blushes but I always go back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by eviepevie

I love this product. I think I am one of the few that dislike NARS Orgasm. I am not sure if it is too pink or coral for me. I love the richness of Lovejoy. Many people have used it as a bronzer as well. I can understand it, it does give me more a bronze tan look rather the pink rosy cheeks. I just love the hint of color it puts on my cheeks. Its so pretty and has a good amount of glitter and shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by payalbansal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my HG of blushes because I love the pigmentation so I don't have to use a lot of it to get a great result. And its kinda a blush/bronzer ,so it looks great against my skin tone and gives it a great natural flush. Definitely expensive but it's lasted me quite some time so it's worth it in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I ordered this online from sephora,It looks like a bronze color. It is a little too dark for my skin tone, I have to use a very little amount to get a natural looking color on my cheeks. I could easily have a clownish look if i don't apply it with a light hand. It it a very pretty color for a darker skin tone, I might get more use out if this in the summer though after my skin is a little tan. For my skin tone I would not purchase this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to Sephora to get Oasis, another NARS blush I had been thinking about getting for sometime. However, I decided to try Lovejoy on one cheek and Oasis on the other cheek. From there I decided on Lovejoy, I loved how Lovejoy looked on, me the color is a beautiful bronzy pink. After taking off Oasis I applied LoveJoy on both of my other cheek and walked around Sephora to look at other products; several people asked me what blush I was wearing, and commented on how nice LoveJoy looked on me. So of course I had to buy this blush. When I wore LoveJoy to work the next day I received so many compliments regarding how nice the blush looked on me. It gives this soft beautiful glow to the cheeks. If I ever run out I definitely would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by shel21282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am nc45 for reference. This is a brown blush with red undertones. I use it to contour my cheeks and then use a brighter coral/pink blush on the apples of my cheeks. It does have fine gold shimmer/glitter but its hardly noticable. It is a beautiful color but for me it would be better as a matte blush. It is a bit expensive ($24) and you can probably find another similar color at mac for a little less. I don't care for MAC blush as much because its not as pigmented and settles into pores & lines more. I have had my LoveJoy blush now for over 2 years and still haven't hit pan. Lasts a long time and I would repurchase when its all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am MAC NC20 so very fair and yellow.

A couple weeks ago I splurged on a Guerlain lipstick in B03 (called Bridget). It is a lovely, natural rosy color on me, I need very little of this to achieve that nice "polished" professional look with some mascara. The problem was that all of my blushes are a very light pink, because I normally don't wear lipstick, usually some nude colored gloss or even just a little aquaphor. So I put on the Guerlain lipstick and went to the MAC counter to look for a match. I tried Pinch Me, Ambering Rose, and Blush Baby. They all looked super orange/muddy, and Blush Baby looked like a dirty, dusty rose and didn't compliment the lips at all. The sales girl with bright pink lips and horrible orange bronzer told me that I shouldn't ever match my lips to my cheeks. I told her that I didn't like looking like a drag queen.

So I strolled over a few makeup counters away to the Nars girl, who was much friendlier and her makeup looked slightly better. She muted out my cheeks with some of their face powder and tried Zen on my right cheek and Lovejoy on my left. Zen looks beautiful in the pan, but because I'm so yellow it makes the orange/coral aspect of this blush really pop out and that's exactly what I didn't want. I was skeptical about Lovejoy because it looks REALLY dark in the pan, and the sales girl made me look like a clown with it. But once I got home and did my entire face over again, I applied Lovejoy with a very light hand and low and behold, it matches the B03 lipstick perfectly. It gives just the right amount of pop on the apples and if you blend up, it looks really healthy. Others who have reviews this are right - you must use a very light hand or it will look muddy. I use a super cheap Sonia Kashuk brush because the bristles aren't so tightly packed together like more expensive brushes and it works really well. No streaking or fading or oxidizing with this color at all! I am upset that I had to pay 27 dollars for this and I will be looking for a cheaper dupe of it, but I gave this blush 5 lippies all around because it does exactly what you need it to, and with the small amount used each time, I doubt I will ever run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference - MUFE F&B 34. This was recommended to me by an SA at Sephora this past summer. I popped in to pick up a new MUFE Duo Mat Foundation and I couldn't remember my shade - tossed the box and the sticker writing was rubbed off. The SA applied a full face and offered to put some blush on to keep me from looking washed out with only foundation on. He quickly applied Lovejoy to the apples of my cheeks and handed me a mirror. Wow! It gave me this wonderful, healthy glow. I was in a bit of a matte blush rut so this was a great change of pace. I picked up my foundation and Lovejoy. When I got home many hours later - I still had that great, healthy glow. My SO - who rarely notices my make-up - complimented me and told me I had a pretty glow on my face. I was impressed. I will note that I do have to be careful when applying this - it can be easy to over-apply. But with the right touch, it looks freaking awesome. One of my favorites!