April 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush in Pinch Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not so fussy about blushes, I could do with a drugstore one. I thought I would try a mac one. packaging is really cheap looking and doesnt look nice. color is fine, it is matte as i wanted it. it is not so expensive but has no plus comparing to drugstore blushes. so rather than mac blush next time I would either pay more and get a chanel one or just buy one from a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MAC blushes in general. There are countless shades to choose from. The pigmentation is great too. And it doesn't wear off a fast as other blushes I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by joonha215

This was my first ever blush and i dont regret buying it. I recommend this to all the students out there who wants to achieve a natural look. It's an amazing color for tanned people especially.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Let me start by saying I tried many blush-shades and none of them worked.
I tried already bb pot rouge pale pink, pink truffle and raspberry, mac creamblush posey and bb powder blush in nectar. Not to mention the drugstore blushes.
I was always disappointed, because the blush-shade was too light, too bright, too cool-toned, too dark.
All I wanted was a natural-looking blush as if I was flushed or pinched in the cheek. If I wake in the morning, I am pale and I don´t have much colour in my face. Some people have more colour in their cheeks or even red toned cheeks, but I have none of that.
For reference, I´m a MAC NC 15 or C1. My skin is very pale, but has a neutral golden undertone and not the blue toned pink or rosy undertone some girls with cool-toned skin have.
This is important, because I have always chosen the wrong colour based on my opinion as a pale girl with sallow skin I have to choose light, cool pinks as a blush to make me look fresh. Darker or warmer colours always scared me, but I was totally wrong.
I went to the mac counter and to the bb counter and asked the makeup-artists as usual for cool-toned blush-colours.
My choices were Dame, Well-dressed and Brit wit from MAC, as well as Sand pink from BB. Boy, did I look horrible. The pinks were chalky and unnatural on my skin, too bright and made me look 80ies-like and not very flattering. Both make-up-artists told me, I should go for warmer colours. I was refusing first, because I wanted cool-toned. But one artist convinced me to try Pinch me. I saw it in the pan and thought: No way this is going to work on my pale skin. I will look like a clown. But I was proven wrong. It was exactly the colour of my cheeks when I´m flushed or pinched in my cheek.
Why I tell you all this? Because I learned, that you have to try the colour on your skin and get as close as you can to the natural cheek colour. My natural cheek colour (when I pinch my cheeks) is a surprisingly intense muted pinkish-brownish mixture with the tiniest touch of red and that´s what pinch me is like. It is very balanced, meaning neither too cool nor too warm and that is exactly what a blush should be for my skintone.
MAC describes it as medium dirty rose coral and in the German description from mac, they mentioned a grey undertone. Maybe this greyish undertone is the reason it works for me. I don´t have problems, like other reviewers had, that it looks like sun-burnt on my cheeks or is too pigmented. I can layer this blush and never look like a clown. It just looks like I´m healthy and glowing.
I even tried it in the morning, applying it on my face without any foundation and it worked beautifully. But I think this all has to do with the match of the blush-colour with your skin and cheek-colour. I was afraid because other reviewers with fair skin described it as bright and too pigmented. Not for me instead of my pale skin and pale cheeks. So, if you have a similar skin and cheek tone you should give this colour a try, but always try it first at a mac counter if you can. This blush is my new hg.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my! This blush looks AMAZING on my nc40/42 skin. It's a not too dark pinky color on me and it gives me that natural flushed look so it almost doesn't even look like I'm wearing any blush. When I swatched this color I didn't like it but on my cheeks it looks amazing. One of the few blushes I'd spend 20 bucks on!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

The name is perfect for the color. It's a coral color that looks as if someone did pinch you! And gives you rosy/ coral cheeks! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my go to blushes. Always looks good with everything! Gives my cheeks a wonderful healthy natural flush (NC44)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

By far the best mimic of the "just stepped in from the cold" flush that I've found for my NW25 complexion. But I wouldn't call it sheer tone because it actually shows up pretty well within one swipe. That being said, it's easy to over do this so use a light hand at first. I don't think this looks good on anyone lighter than NW20, because they will easily look like a clown. And on someone darker than NC/NW35, I think this would just show up looking like brown, ruddy crud. Ideal for NC/NW20-30.

Matte finish, neutral undertones with very very faint brownish tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, love it. Very coral and peachy looking. This is a sheer tone. which mean it has no shimmer and at the same time it is'nt as powdery looking as a matte. I would call it a satin finish. It makes a blush for when your doing a nude look ala Kardashian. A great day time blush and for night time i would rock this with some Mac bronze gold loose highlighter powder on the cheekbones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

When I first saw this in person (got it in a swap) I thought that it was going to be way too ruddy and dark on my NC30 skintone. But boy was I wrong! It is more of a nude/red color on me, but gives me a beautiful flush of color without looking too noticeable.

Blends in nicely and lasts all day for me! A little goes a long way, so I tap off excess before lightly tapping on my cheeks and blending.