October 23, 2014 | 958 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush in Pinch Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Boricua333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to be honest, when I first saw this blush in the pan, I really didn't like it. It looks like a very matte reddish color, not exactly what I had been looking for my NC15 skin. However, I trust the MAC employees, so I tried it on anyways. All I could say is, I'm never doubting anyone at MAC ever again! This was the perfect color for me.
I had told my sister right before coming that I wanted a color that is natural yet noticeable like pinched cheeks. Well, the name says it all "pinch me," it's exactly what I was looking for. The color of this blush could only be described as a true blush. It's not too pink or brown or purple or red. It's actually the color that a blush is supposed to be like, like you are blushing or having your cheeks pinched, except better. It's natural yet obviously there.
This blush cost me $21 dollars which is really not bad for MAC, some of my drugstore blushes are nearing that price. The MAC sales associate applied my blush with the #188 brush, a small duo fibre brush (stippling brush). While walking through the mall, it stayed on throughout and I wasn't wearing any foundation underneath. I love it. This blush is amazing, I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Darah168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my HG blush!! Iv grown tired of wearing the Nars Orgasm for sometime I told the MAC lady that I wanted a matte one thats good for everyday use. For reference I am a NW35 also use a C4, southeast asian. It just gives me a natural color in my cheeks. Its easy to blend and i just love it! The color is perfect, it looks dark in the pan but when applied its a muted old rose with peach. Definitly a repurchase. Ive also observed that a little goes a long way so this will last me for some time with everyday use. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupluver24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So i needed a blush for winter time when i came across pich me it looked so dark. i used my 187 brush and swiped a tad on my cheek and wow! it looks great on me. its highly pigmented so little is needed. it looks natural on my darker skin being hispanic its harder to find blushes that i love. i usually go for apricot and terracota blushes i love having this in my collection. i dont think ill buy it only because i would love to try differnt alternitives.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My new HG!
Exactly the colour I was looking for - a sort of warm earthy rose with just a hint of peach.
I'm really fussy with blush, and with my very pale skin most of them come out too brown, too artificial dolly pink, or too orange (I'm a pale red head, and MUAs ALWAYS try to talk me into peach blushes which just look orange on me!!) I also HATE having glitter on my cheeks and a good 80% of blushes out there have some form of shimmer in them.
Pinch Me however is exactly the right shade to give me a lovely natural flush, is highly pigmented but easily blendable, and has NO shimmer!
my one complaint is that it could last a little better, as a couple of times i've noticed a line of absent blush on my face after accidentally wiping some off. But overall, very happy and will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not so fussy about blushes, I could do with a drugstore one. I thought I would try a mac one. packaging is really cheap looking and doesnt look nice. color is fine, it is matte as i wanted it. it is not so expensive but has no plus comparing to drugstore blushes. so rather than mac blush next time I would either pay more and get a chanel one or just buy one from a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MAC blushes in general. There are countless shades to choose from. The pigmentation is great too. And it doesn't wear off a fast as other blushes I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by joonha215

This was my first ever blush and i dont regret buying it. I recommend this to all the students out there who wants to achieve a natural look. It's an amazing color for tanned people especially.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Let me start by saying I tried many blush-shades and none of them worked.
I tried already bb pot rouge pale pink, pink truffle and raspberry, mac creamblush posey and bb powder blush in nectar. Not to mention the drugstore blushes.
I was always disappointed, because the blush-shade was too light, too bright, too cool-toned, too dark.
All I wanted was a natural-looking blush as if I was flushed or pinched in the cheek. If I wake in the morning, I am pale and I don´t have much colour in my face. Some people have more colour in their cheeks or even red toned cheeks, but I have none of that.
For reference, I´m a MAC NC 15 or C1. My skin is very pale, but has a neutral golden undertone and not the blue toned pink or rosy undertone some girls with cool-toned skin have.
This is important, because I have always chosen the wrong colour based on my opinion as a pale girl with sallow skin I have to choose light, cool pinks as a blush to make me look fresh. Darker or warmer colours always scared me, but I was totally wrong.
I went to the mac counter and to the bb counter and asked the makeup-artists as usual for cool-toned blush-colours.
My choices were Dame, Well-dressed and Brit wit from MAC, as well as Sand pink from BB. Boy, did I look horrible. The pinks were chalky and unnatural on my skin, too bright and made me look 80ies-like and not very flattering. Both make-up-artists told me, I should go for warmer colours. I was refusing first, because I wanted cool-toned. But one artist convinced me to try Pinch me. I saw it in the pan and thought: No way this is going to work on my pale skin. I will look like a clown. But I was proven wrong. It was exactly the colour of my cheeks when I´m flushed or pinched in my cheek.
Why I tell you all this? Because I learned, that you have to try the colour on your skin and get as close as you can to the natural cheek colour. My natural cheek colour (when I pinch my cheeks) is a surprisingly intense muted pinkish-brownish mixture with the tiniest touch of red and that´s what pinch me is like. It is very balanced, meaning neither too cool nor too warm and that is exactly what a blush should be for my skintone.
MAC describes it as medium dirty rose coral and in the German description from mac, they mentioned a grey undertone. Maybe this greyish undertone is the reason it works for me. I don´t have problems, like other reviewers had, that it looks like sun-burnt on my cheeks or is too pigmented. I can layer this blush and never look like a clown. It just looks like I´m healthy and glowing.
I even tried it in the morning, applying it on my face without any foundation and it worked beautifully. But I think this all has to do with the match of the blush-colour with your skin and cheek-colour. I was afraid because other reviewers with fair skin described it as bright and too pigmented. Not for me instead of my pale skin and pale cheeks. So, if you have a similar skin and cheek tone you should give this colour a try, but always try it first at a mac counter if you can. This blush is my new hg.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my! This blush looks AMAZING on my nc40/42 skin. It's a not too dark pinky color on me and it gives me that natural flushed look so it almost doesn't even look like I'm wearing any blush. When I swatched this color I didn't like it but on my cheeks it looks amazing. One of the few blushes I'd spend 20 bucks on!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

The name is perfect for the color. It's a coral color that looks as if someone did pinch you! And gives you rosy/ coral cheeks! Love it!