December 18, 2014 | 1220 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! Hideous. Do not buy. Very cheap quality. You would have thought I bought this from the Dollar Store.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sugarcheri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this powder I thought it worked fine. The coverage was nice and didn't cause me to break out. Unfortunately, after using it regularly for about 2 weeks, it became completely unusable. The powder became rock hard and impossible to pick up with the applicator (which fell apart soon after). Tant pis!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by tns5852

DON'T BUY THIS. Piece of hard chalk that doesn't even come off on a sponge or a brush. What is this stuff? HORRIBLE

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kittyandtito

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my usual pressed powder and decided to try something different. This was called Clear Complexion so I thought it would help the blemishes around my cheeks and mouth clear up. Bad assumption. The first day I tried this, it looked okay on my skin right after it was applied. But after about an hour my skin looked orange!! So we were already off on the wrong foot, but I decided to give it another try. After wearing this for a week I started noticing little bumps on my forehead and I NEVER breakout on my forehead, so I knew this was the problem since it was the only change. That day, this little buddy said hello to the trash can. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great for oily skin, I use this as a setting powder over my tinted moisturizer. only complaint is it's difficult to pick up with a brush, but using the puff given in the Almay nearly naked powder does the trick. I love the packaging, best pressed powder I've tried

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder was disappointing...Once I could actually get it out of the compact! I had to go over the powder with an eyebrow brush to get it to go on my powder brush. Otherwise it was stuck in the compact, hard as a rock! The mirror got dirty quickly, as well as the rest of the package. Not very good. This didn't provide me with any coverage, and it made my face look cakey no matter how little I applied. Will never repurchaes

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by cutiepatoo

i hate this product. since it was for people who wanted "clear complexions" i tried it out. but it broke me out so much. also, it broke within one month of using and i can't even carry it around in my purse because it falls out and the lid is not shut tight enough. horrible horrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This oxidized into an orange/brown MESS after only a few minutes. Almay's products have diminished in hypoallergenic quality, and in overall quality. When the company was bought out, and the products were reformulated, Almay went down the tubes. Very sad indeed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

my HG powder in translucent.... a thing of the past..cant find. of course its been discontinued forever..... (I hated the updated version, also they didnt make translucent in the updated ones)
this is for the old light gray compact...the translucent was the lightest whitest powder I have found to date..that gave me a flawless face without looking ghostly or anything. just set the makeup perfectly...which was another HG amazing lasting in PALE (not tlc which sucks)
I havent had a truly "pale" face again since I cant find this powder and that SUCKS... I always end up with a dark tan face..even with the lightest powders. anything called "ivory" is like tan on me.... or if I buy some goth crap then yeah thats too pale and has too much coverage!
the translucent gives you an innocent pale ethereal angel look which lasted the ENTIRE day..NEVERRRRR turning orange or any other colortruly NEUTRAL, no undertones, wish theyd bring it back! $18 each on ebay is a bit much:(
ONLY translucent was good. for me.any other shades turn darker on me and look bad,even in Almay LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT wish i could buy 100 of them,and wear it for life.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nikkiihet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second time I have bought this product, I thought I'd give it just one more shot. My skin is very oily, so if I use something that's too thick I usually break it in really bad underground zits, I've been using Avon Mineral Powder and haven't had one of these breakouts in over a year. I ran out recently so I thought I'd try Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Pressed Powder in Light/Medium 200, one more time. Same thing as the last time, overnight I started getting the same huge painful underground zits on my chin area and my forehead. I will never ever use this product again.