October 20, 2014 | 1141 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - pure stay long wearing pressed powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ehhh...this stuff is weird. First off, I bought it because I thought it was the powder that was supposed to go with Maybelline Pure Liquid makeup (that is now d/c :((( ) But then I realized once I got home that it is actually powder foundation. So I tried it over the foundation anyway. I like that this product has SPF...but that 's where the positives end. The sponge applicator made it really streaky. And the lightest color was WAY too dark for my skin. The smell is kinda funky too. Overall...not recommended at all. But if for whatever reason you want to try it, get a good powderpuff or brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a year and I have to say that it has reached HG status for me. I use the enclosed sponge and the coverage is great but still very natural looking. It keeps shine at bay all day, even in the most humid weather but it's not drying. My only complaint is that a package doesn't last me very long and I hit pan in no time. It seems like I'm constantly buying it but I guess it's worth it for such a wonderful product. If you're looking for a great, easy to apply foundation, don't hesitate to try this. A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by taylornick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have used Clinique pressed powders exclusively for the past 7 years, but with the turn in the economy I started looking for a more budget friendly alternative. I read a bunch of reviews online for this product and everyone LOVED it. I tried it for myself and was not disappointed!

It is light as air and super silky! It has AMAZING full coverage, making all my large pores and fine lines vanish. I do still get a little shiny on my nose and forehead when afternoon rolls around, but living in hot humid Florida, I had that challenge even with department store brands.

The only thing that isn't my favorite about this product is the packaging. It's a rather large compact due to the powder color having to be displayed on drugstore shelves, but it's still fits in my purse makeup bag so all is well. Also, the latch is a little stubby and I pinch my finger sometimes when I open it. However, that's a sacrafice I'm willing to make for such I great quality powder at such a low price!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by vagabondage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder has solid coverage when using the enclosed sponge, which is what I was hoping for. However, the lightest shade available at my local drugstore (Ivory) is pretty orange and definitely too dark for my skintone, which is the first con for this product. Second, this will cling to any dry or scaly skin you may have, so I can't recommend this for any people suffering from even mild dryness or patchiness. Third, all the shades in this line seem to share the same orange hue, which becomes particularly evident over said dry patches, as well as when covering concealer. This powder foundation feels pretty heavy, but at least it doesn't have the standard powder chalkiness. However, between the limited shade selection, the orange tint, and the patchy application over dry skin areas, I can't use this product. I'm going to experiment a bit more, but if I can't find a way to work around these shortcomings through exfoliation and moisturizer it's going right back to the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mcd18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product alot. I never knew drugstore powders were so good! i do love the MAC face powder, but this is also a great buy. I got mine around 8 dollars from cvs. The packaging is so cute too, it comes with a mirror that flips open sideways. Its affordable,and it really does help make your foundation last longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by SillyLilies95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always had problems with cake-y powder, ones that make my skin look dry, and finding the right color. This foundation looks almost natural. I only use this powder, I am not a liquid foundation type of girl. Sensitive skin doesn't help my search for makeup any better. Still searching but it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by DChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually quite like this. The lightest color matches my neutral, very fair skin very nicely. I don't use this as a foundation, really. I use it to lightly dust over my Laura Mercier TM and it makes it last and last all day. I don't have to blot until about midday, it keeps the oilies at bay very well. It does not oxidize, pretty cheap, too. The only gripe I have is the packaging, it's kind of ugly. Other than that, it gets an A in my book.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarah91x

I like this alot, i find that alot of powders ive used have made my face look cakey, this doesnt. It feels great on the skin too and looks very natural. Also does a good job covering, would deffo buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by emilyxtine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been through about 5 of these compacts. I really like this powder. It gives medium coverage to cover all my acne scars and any blemishes I might have. I do have to reapply after awhile, but my skin is pretty oily so I kind of expect that. It hasn't broke me out, even though it has a small trace of mineral oil. It's about $7 at Walmart. My shade is usually 50 Natural Beige but I've noticed that can get a bit "gray" after awhile(I'm not sure how to explain it, just that it gives my face a grayish appearance). I just bought 40 Soft Cameo tonight, will try it tomorrow and see if it's a better color for my complexion. Another thing I dislike about Pure Stay is the ugly packaging, and the pan the actual powder is packed in is fairly small. I go through these pretty quickly. But, for the great coverage and decent price, I really can't complain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this powder for a few days now, and I do like it.
It's soft on my skin, doesn't cake, and stays on for a pretty long time. The spf 15 is a plus too!

I use it on it's own, I'm not a liquid foundation girl.
It always seems to break me out, even though I don't have sensitive skin at all. I do use my own brush, I don't like sponges as they are really unsanitary.

I was using the mineral power foundation before this, but I found it oxidized on me, and the colors were much too orange for my skin tone.

The one thing I don't like is the packaging. It's rectangular and bulky, with only a small square of foundation and the rest for the sponge.
It would get that extra lippie if it were in a circular package and the sponge underneath.