Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

3.1

on 10/19/2012 7:10:00 AM

I've tried all kinds of lip balms and I seem to be allergic to something in them. Even the most expensive brands make my lips swollen and itchy. This one doesn't, it leaves my lips soft and hydrated. I always come back to this!

on 10/13/2012 11:09:00 PM

I got this free with the hand cream so decided to try it as 14 $ seems steep for a chap stick to me. I've used it a week now, and progressively my lips have actually dried out. I am a fan of some Avene products, and some I didn't really find were good for my skin needs. This is one of those products I think. While I don't mind the white cast, or even the odd scent (dunno why but it smells like scented doll heads... Like Strawberry shortcake or something I had as a kid), I do mind how itchy, scaley and dry my lips got. Likely a reaction to some ingredient as plenty of lip products (and other things) tend to do this. I won't repurchase and I'll probably give this away and go back to my beeswax based balms and Vaseline.

on 10/3/2012 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I buy the lip cream (one in the squeeze tube) over and over again..im in the driest winter climate and NOTHING else heals and moisturizes like this one. No smell, No fragrance. Well worth the $16!

on 7/16/2012 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My lips were a bit dry so I decided to buy Avene Cold Cream Balm, since I trust a lot on this brand. It's an OK product, doesn't works miracles. The package is good looking and practical. The product, on the other hand, is sticky, leaving my lips with a white bad tasting film. It has also some kind of "glitter" in it, not exactly glitter, but something that shines. Didn't feel my lips soft and moisturized, but restored.

I'll give 3 stars because I think it's a wonderful product for people with lips that are hurted, wounded and cracking of dryness. It really restores your skin, but if you're looking for softness and moisture, there are better products out there, not to mention that it's greasy and tastes bitter.

on 6/5/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference: fair, sensitive, dry, eczemaic skin/lips. recovering from severely dry/flaky lips.

INGREDIENTS - Product utilizes an unique ingredient, which is used as a moisture barrier post-surgery within the stomach

PRICE - For $15 a pop, my expectations were high for this lip balm! Rec was that I use it twice a day and it should last for for 6 months - This is not realistic to me. I use it a few times throughout the day, which is a change from 50 times a day with my go-to Blistex tube.

TRIAL - Great staying power. It has withstood the make-out test. I've been using this for a few days now. The first couple days, I had to re-apply numerous times throughout the day, but the need for re-application is decreasing as my lips recover.

TEXTURE - It sinks into my lips quickly and soon feels like the product evaporates, but this doesn't seem to be the case.It is unlike regular, waxy lip balms that smother your lips with moisture and sit there.

BENEFIT - nicer lips for smooth lipstick application that I haven't had before. Loving it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I only use this at night because it does leave your lips a little white but it's super moisturizing and great for winter chapped lips. My go to night lip balm was La Mer but I like this about equal and it's $10 rather than $50 so I'll keep buying. Only complaint is that the tube did not last very long but that could also be because I loved it so much I used it constantly.

on 3/17/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one fabulous lip treatment! Yes, it does leave a slight white sheen, which is usually enough for me to hate enough on a lip balm to throw it out. But I just cannot ignore how well it performs. My favourite lip balm is Weledas Everon, which smells nice (like honey) and doesn't leave a tint, BUT it's not nearly as effective as this one when my lips are all dry and flaky. I can pile this on dried-out lips before bed and wake up with lips that have magically HEALED overnight. And better yet, you don't need to reapply all the time, which is why I often forget how great it is.

Really great for outdoor activities in cold weather as well, unlike those balms that are mainly petrolatum-based.

on 2/26/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This chapstick was horrible. It did nothing for my lips. Whenever it wore off, my lips didnt look or feel any better. It leaves a sparkly white, kind of chalky, residue too. It was also pretty pricey for a chap stick.

on 11/27/2011 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product doesn't moisturize, it's expensive and leaves a white residue (freakish residue) on the lips. I would not recommend. Try Chapstick instead--cheaper and it works!!

on 11/23/2011 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my all-time favorite lip balm. I have never had anything as moisturizing as this! Sometimes I just apply it once a day and my lips will good for the day! Again, I'm a flight attendant so when I work my lips get crazy dry and I am always moisturizing my lips and this stuff is amazing! It is the best lip balm I really have ever tried! I've had this for a little over a year now and I am almost finished. It is a great product, I highly recommend this!

Popular Lip Treatments