April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I guess its ok... smells good and does moisturise but i found the texture to be a bit too waxy and oily. The packaging is good though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This is a bit expensive as an everyday lotion (NZ$30) but the moisturising and scent pay off makes it worth it. The scent is incredible and lasts and lasts. I can put this on and someone will comment on the strawberry scent hours later. It's light-weight but moisturises really well. The bottle is great-it's quite big and it has a pump which makes it easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always loved The Body Shop's body lotions, my body moisturizer of choice during the warmer months. In the hot humid Malaysian climate, the body butters have never failed to make me feel like a walking oil slick. Never so with the lotions, which absorb readily into sun-parched skin to leave it soft, smooth, supple and vibrantly fragranced. Like my other favourites Mango and Satsuma, Strawberry is lush and ripe in its tropical sweetness....a pure explosion of summer. The scent is so beautiful and long-lasting, often lingering up to 12 hours after application. I'm currently layering it with Victoria's Secret's Grapefruit Kiss and Crabtree & Evelyn's Pink Grapefruit and Cucumber body mists to add a tart citrus hint to the juicy berry sweetness. The texture and consistency are light yet moisture-rich, and keeps my skin looking dewy-fresh all day long. Plus points for the effective packaging too. The twist-and-pump nozzle makes application a real treat, and it's handy for travel purposes too. I can't tell you how many expensive lotions I've had explode in my luggage despite repeated checks on tightening bottle caps. This has never been an issue with a TBS body lotion. Here in Malaysia, this lotion retails for RM 36, a wallet-friendly departure from my usual high-end department store buys. But for the divine quality and scent, this is one cheapie product I find myself coming back to time and time again. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Katie1987

Pros:
- smells like real strawberries
- easy pump bottle

Cons:
- I thought the texture was abit water-y/light (not a heavy duty moisturiser)
- too expensive as an every-day lotion ($22 AUD)

I wouldnt buy it again based on the price and the fact that I dont like to smell like a strawberry. Hth.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by misskhan

Amazing smell....and so much moisturizing...leaves my skin so silky soft and smelling like heaven...even after hours the smell still lingers on...just LOVE this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kitten_at_heart

Just great! gives out a heavy scent of strawberries and leaves skin fells moisturized. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is the bomb. i love the way it smells and it seems to last pretty long. Im on my 3rd or 4th bottle at least, i keep one around. Also LOVE the pump bottle, perfect for application, tho not very portable but thats cool cuz all other lotion bottles are. so its a welcome change if you can understand that. Its perfectly moisterizing also, which i love, it feels a little greasy but that goes away so fast you cant tell if you imagined it or not. This is a HG for me, one you can smell for hours after using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sweet and synthetic. Somehow it smells like strawberry jam though. What I like about TBS sweet smelling lotions/butters is that it's not cloying, unlike Victoria's Secret lotions. I don't like TBS Strawberry as much as I love the Mango series, but it's quite OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by happiesunflower

I LOVE this lotion! Had been wanting to get it for a while, and finally picked it up at TBS warehouse sale 2 weeks back :) It's definitely not a fresh strawberry scent, but more like strawberry jelly or candy...but good enough for me (we don't have access to a lot of B&B stuff in Singapore). Like my other fave TBS lotion, Mango, this makes my rough elbows smooth, and is non-greasy. One thing I love is layering the Strawberry and Mango lotions :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Nerdette80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love body shop's lotions! it leaves my skin smooth and soft..i've to use them twice a day!!!
the strawberry one is okay...slightly fruity scent (it's synthetic after all) but not overwhelming....i got it cheap. it was on sale, if not the normal price is too much to pay for a body lotion!
i would buy it again...but i wld buy any body shop lotion as long as the scent is not overpowering and it's not too expensive