September 30, 2014 | 1752 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Sarah6587

Great Bronzer!!! Gives a nice glow without looking too cakey. A little on each cheekbone gives a great sunkissed look especially during summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was one of my first bronzers. I got this on sale and it had tons of product at 17 grams! CRAZY.
I purchased 03 Sun Queen. It is your typical warm bronze-orange colour laced with a fine layer of gold shimmer. Throughout the product there are fine shimmers.
I use this to warm up my skin tone from the harsh winters in Canada. It is pigmented and the powder is relatively soft and smooth. It is not chalky.
I always grab this one from my drawer and I apply heavily on my face! There is so much product that I don't mind giving it a couple of swirls with my brush. I would not repurchase this, because I want to find something a little more cool toned.
Great value but nothing outstanding!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer so much! I have used it for a few years now! I own both light and medium colours in Matte, and also the light Shimmer version for nights out. It always give me the perfect colour, not orange at all. Just a lovely bronze sunkissed glow, and blends perfectly! I have spent so much money on high end bronzers (Hoola, Guerlain, Lancome, Nars, Mac etc) and yet Rimmel bronzers are the best in my view.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to use as a contour powder. The powder itself is matte, which is what I wanted and it is hard to find matte bronzer. I tested it extensively as I was afraid there would be some shimmer as it looked like there might be some in the package but there was no trace of shimmer at all. This truly is a matte powder (yay!) The problem with this is that the product is so poorly pigmented that I had to really pile it on before I could see it at all. I bought Medium matte and it didn't work for me. Cost was approx $5 CAN.

Pros:
- No sparkle/shimmer

Cons:
- very little pigmentation
- powder itself isn't the best quality
- doesn't last very long (fades within 2 hours).

Ultimately I would not repurchase. I am disappointed because I really wanted to like this product. Unfortunately, this is a mediocre product at best Product was inexpensive but as it didn't work it proved to be a waste. I had to pile it on to see anything at all and then after all that hard work it doesn't last at all. Fading begins in about 1 hour. I believe there are better bronzers out there and I will continue my search.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

My shade is 02. I got this for so cheap I couldn't believe it. The size is super generous and the packaging is nice and sturdy. It shows up practically matte and looks natural without an orange undertone. It is slightly powdery but for the price really not bad. I would say it is also suitable for contouring. I am glad I bought this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was an impulse purchase with a happy ending! I wasn't really looking for bronzer, I gave up on them a long time ago since everything I had tried had shimmer in it which I don't like. I decided to give this a try since it didn't have the shimmer.

The colour works for me both as a bronzer and contour powder. Totally happy with the product and price, will definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I'm suprised at how popular this is. I love the packaging and the price is okay, but the product itself is so medicore. I got the shades 'medium matte' and 'light matte' for my NC40 skintone. Neither of them show up unless I pack it on, and when they DO finally show up, it's a pink toned copper colour...so ugly! The ingredients don't agree with me either - it contains a lot of talc, mineral oil and coconut oil...makes my skin breakout. I definately wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MiamiMortimer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm as pale skinned as they come (MAC NW15), so choosing a bronzer is a difficult and precarious task for me...and I'm sorry to say my bronzing powder hunt is far from over!

This bronzer is possibly the only bronzer I've come across that is too PALE. I have it in 'Light Matte' and while it is nicely matte, it's far too light! I swept some into my bronzing brush and onto my cheekbones for a bit of a glow but it hardly registered at all-I noticed no difference! And as I said, I'm really pale with freckles and all. I'd hoped to maybe use it as a contour on 'pale and interesting' days but it's too light for that too.

Maybe I got a dud, but truly-if someone as fair as me can't see this bronzer on her skin, it's definitely not recommended for anyone else...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by bagpuss21

Liked the shade of this bronzer, depending on your application it can be as natural or "not" as you want...What I didnít like and didnít realise it was due to this bronzer until I stopped using it was how after a couple of hours on my face it gave my skin this strange kind of shine....I looked at the ingredients and it contains coconut oil and mineral oil...I think the mineral oil may have been the cause of the strange shine. The next day I applied my make up as normal...with no bronzer...and all day NO strange shine...shame because I like the colour and the fact that it's suppose to be matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in light matte which is the perfect color for my very light skin. This is amazing for a drugstore bronzer and so cheap, I would compare it to a powder bronzer of Mac and argue that its better.