Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner - Addiction 018

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/21/2012 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Love this lip liner. It matches my lips perfectly so I can use it with nearly any lip color. I don't find it drying at all. I'm not a fan of the slanted tip, so only 4 lippies.

on 10/26/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have two of Rimmel's lip liners - Addiction and Eastend Snob. Both of them are very drying (can't even rub your lips together!) and will require some lipstick or lipgloss. It's really unpleasant otherwise, I don't like the feeling of this lip liner.

I don't know. Maybe I'm an amateur when it comes to makeup, but I don't like the way this lip liner applies. I go slow putting it on. I put it on as even as possible when I apply it, but I'm always disappointed in the end and have to go crazy to fix my lips after I apply lipstick and/or lipgloss. I should only have to apply it once to make it look right. It's always super fussy, and gives me way more drama than my complicated eye makeup. It's lips, it shouldn't be so complicated. I think I would prefer the traditional lip pencil for precise application - the twisty mechanism isn't my favorite.

Addiction isn't a good color for me since I'm so pale (even with light application), anyway, but I'm not going to mark it down for that - colors work differently for everyone. For medium to dark tones, this would probably work great.

on 6/22/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Makeup Alley once again came thru! I was on the search for a lip pencil that would be natural, flattering, worked well, and was inexpensive. I read the description about the Addiction on how it was sort of a brownish, mauvish color that looked natural so I purchased it. I love it! I cannot believe I never bought a pencil before and used it to color my entire lips and not just the edges. This is such a beautiful color that looks so natural that gives me a blush of needed color but doesn't look like I have anything on, if that makes sense. They didn't have this color at my local Walmart so I bought it at Walgreens for about $6.50....I usually wait and use coupons and combine it with a good sale. I couldn't wait to try and I'm so thrilled I did.

on 4/16/2011 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Addiction is a brown based nude color. I'm pale and it would be easy for me to get a heavy handed application. As long as I apply it lightly it's very flattering. I love that it goes well with so many glosses. I like to pair it with my cream colored glosses. It helps tone down the brown. I paid $4.79, it's pretty cheap. The color lasts a long time if I pair it with a lip gloss. If you're looking for a pink based nude, then I would go with east end snob by rimmel.

on 3/25/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it! As most others here have noted, this is a universally flattering color and can be paired with many different lipstick shades. I love a dependable, no-fuss product that I can keep going back to without disappointment, and this lip liner is definitely one of those.

I don't know why everyone calls it a nude, as it is rather brown-ish, but I guess it's because it goes on quite forgivingly and would suit many skin tones. I pair it with my Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in #235 "Warm Me Up" and the combo is an HG for me for SURE. I highly recommend this combo to people. I top it off with a layer of my NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in #127 "Pink Frost", and I feel like a goddess.

This liner is easy to apply, I love that it doesn't require sharpening, it lasts for a long time, is soft and not dry.....I just really like it! It's basic, but you can count on it. Thumbs up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

BEST, FAVORITE lipliner ever!!!!! I love the retractable liner, easy to use, convenient. The color is perfect for what I need and want. It's a dark rosey-mauve, very natural looking. It glides on very smoothly. When I put lipbalm on my lips it matches my lips perfectly. I have fair skin, but with very rosey pigmented lipes. When my lips are dry, they're a light pink, and the liner still looks amazing. I used to love wearing bright, bold lipstick, but now I love just tracing a little outside of my lip lines, all around my mouth, and it makes my lips/mouth look HUGE! very naturally though. I've been looking at lip augmentation- i love Angelina Jolie lips- and this is just an easy, naturaly, extremely non-invasive of way of getting that. I've had mine formore than 2 years, used everyday! usually twice a day. and it's still going. LOVE IT!

on 1/31/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite lip liner ever. Perfect pinky brown natural color that goes well with so many looks. During the day for work, I like to top it with pink or nude lipsticks, or even just lip balm on top because the color is great by itself. For a night out, topped with a shiny gloss, it wears for hours and is a great creamy consistency. I like that it's an automatic pencil so that it never needs sharpening. I have many backups.

on 1/24/2011 3:32:00 AM

I hadn't read the reviews on this but I came across this liner after I found out my favorite,CG Outlast in Nude #130 had been discontinued. It is comparable to the CG except that it is slightly more tawny on my lips, which wasn't what I was going for--the CG liner is pinker and made my smile look whiter. I have read from another reviewer that it is comparable to a L'ancome Lipstique Liner (forgot the color but it's in the other review). UPDATE: I have found that this can break/crumble easily, and it is comparable to the L'ancome in "Natural Mauve," except it is slightly darker.

on 11/26/2010 7:31:00 AM

A great liner and neutral color.
If you like this - you would like Lancome le lypstique liner in Natural Mauve.

on 10/18/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very nice mauvey brown that is pretty close to the colour of my lips. Most "nude" lip liners are too orange or brown for my lips, which are naturally a deep pink, so anything orange or brown makes me look ill.

I've searched for years for that perfect combo of colour and feel in a lip liner and thought I'd found my HG in a Clinique Sheershaper, which was promptly discontinued. On went the fruitless search, until I read about Addiction here on MUA. Well, those MUAers who recommended it were so right! It's creamy, but doesn't slip and it doesn't dry out or tug at your lips when applying. Best of all, it both looks really natural under a clear gloss and compliments all of the lip colours I wear.

By the way, mine looks like the all-pink photo, rather than the mostly black one above.

Popular Lip Liners