July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Britty18

This eyeliner stays very well unless you touch it, making it crumble right off. This crumbling thing really irritated my eyes, so I just can't use this. Plus it's hard to apply without making a super thick line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ncabado

I love this liner, I am a big makeup fan and no matter how many liquids I try, I always come back to this one. It is very black (no need to build up the liquid to get it a true black). It is shiny but not too shiny. Yeah it does kind of peel off after long wear but for the price I think it is great, one little tube lasts me forever, I personally love the brush but I wouldn't recommend it for beginners.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner because I was looking for something waterproof that has staying power.

PROS:
- very nice thin brush (the brush is made of bristles, not felt tipped)
- nice color pay off

CONS:
- maybe because its waterproof but the liquid sometimes drys quickly on the brush so make sure to apply quickly
- when i remove this with makeup remover, the liner flakes off in pieces onto my skin instead of wiping off on the napkin
-if any of this eyeliner gets on my eyelashes when i apply them, i can simply never completely get them off afterwards!
- not exactly waterproof! sometimes my eyes get watery and parts of the liner would flake off

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

This eyeliner is okay....Just okay. It's nothing special. It is too liquidy for my liking (I mean hey, it is a liquid liner). I know someone who uses it everyday & she loves it. When it's applied the light can reflect off of it & make it appear shiny, which I don't like. It stays on really well for 8-10 hrs, which isn't bad. It's just a meh product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by londontown

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an American who lives in London, UK. This eyeliner is not available in the UK, but I stock up on it whenever I visit the States & I also buy it from eBay (which makes it a bit expensive, but I have to have it!)
I have super oily skin & nothing - literally no other eyeliner stays on my eyes all day! Waterproof doesn't mean oil proof! I've tried top brands of eyeliners that say they last all day & are budge proof - they melted on my lids within an hour! Regular Maybelline waterproof eyeliners also start swimming & smudging after 1 hour, but the Maybelline Ultra waterproof - now THIS stays on ALL day & ALL night (should I need it to!) No melting, sliding or smudging. I find the brush very easy to use - I can make very thin lines or bolder lines with ease. It goes on smoothly. I've wasted so much money on trying to find an eyeliner that stays on for the day & only Maybelline Ultra works for me. I don't know what I'd do if they stop making it. It's already hard to find on eBay.....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this eyeliner on a whim because my cousin had this liner and it looked good on her so i thought id give it a try i am very disappointed by this liner when i put it on it dries and feels like its tugging my eye and it dries to a gross flaky way. it is not worth the price wont be buying this again

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by britina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do you like bold, super precise, winged liner that comes to a sharp point? If so, you probably won't like this liner.

This is an okay liner, product wise, although it does flake some, but it's not too bad if you don't touch it throughout the day, which I don't. But mine got suuuuper goopy and gross after about a month of use. I know you're supposed to throw liquid eyeliner out after a month or so because it expires fast, but really? Who really does that? I haven't had any problems with other brands getting this thick and goopy before.

To make it worse, the brush. Oh dear. That brush. It's an actual brush with bristles, not the felt tip kind, so it has that going for it, but it's rather short and wide. At first it wasn't so bad even though it really wasn't ideal, but once it got goopy, there was just waaay too much product on the brush, and the bristles seem to spread out after using it a few times, which makes it really difficult to get a sharp point.

I will not be repurchasing this, mostly because using a thinner, slightly longer bristle brush lets me draw my liner on in the exact shape I want. The thick, short brush just takes too long to make a sharp point with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by qnvicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Just bought this liner today and I already think it might be my next HG liner! I've been looking for a waterproof 'use warm water to flake off' type liner. I used to buy these types if liners from Japan and Korea but have had trouble finding it here until I found this one!! The packaging isn't the greatest, but I love the fine brush tip, pigmented black, smooth, and long lasting. The last liner I used was MUFE aqua liquid liner which had excellent reviews, but maybelline is MUCH better and a quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years. I can't understand the bad reviews. I have it in black and brown. I have oily skin, very oily lids and a flaky eyeliner doesn't work for me. This doesn't flake or budge. If I don't remove it, it's often still on in the morning after being on all day.
The brush is great - thin line that's buildable. Good color pigmentation. I use this Ultra Liner and Milani Infinite waterproof, but prefer this, due to the brush of this being easier to use, and the Milani flakes off after about 8 hrs.
Maybelline Ultra Liner: Great product, cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is not the holy grail of waterproof liquid liner, but it's pretty damn good for it's price. I didn't purchase this product for actually swimming or being in the rain or anything that requires pouring water on your face.
I bought this for combating the cruel heat and humidity of summer in Asia. The price is reasonable (less than $10 at drugstore) and it stays put all day. No fuss.
I read some of the reviews and maybe I got the good batch of this product because my liner was super black and has excellent staying power. It did not flake at all (even when I was sweating and burning all day).
I use cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup and it came right off.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 is because I don't like the brush tip. But then again I don't use liquid liner much, I only purchase it because I was visiting Asia.
This liquid liner has the typical skinny tip that is hard to control (some people say it gives them more control). I find it hard to do wings because it's so skinny. I would probably buy a whole bunch and stock it up if they come up with a thicker brush tip.
It's very easy to use and you don't have to worry about smudges/smears like liner pencils would.

I really think this is a great product to use against humidity. If you happen to purchase the bad batch like some reviewers did, many drugstores will accept a return or exchange as long as you have the receipt.