Rimmel Base Coat and Strengthener

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

i really love this under my nail polish. my nails haven't stained since i started using it, and i wear nail polish every day! why switch to other brands when this is cheap&good? will repurchase!

on 3/24/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a solid base coat: it leaves a shiny nude finish and dries relatively quickly. Plus it's about $3 at Walgreens, when it's NOT on sale. Good product.

on 2/3/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!! I absolutely love Rimmel nail products but this is probably the best nail strengthener/base coat I've ever tried. It actually hardens my nails and I don't get chips or cracks in my nails. It also provides as a great base coat for other nailpolishes and prevents darker colours from staining my nails. By itself, its a really pretty light pink tint and makes my nails look healthy and glossy. Will definitely repurchase! Very good price too. I got it for about $3.00 CDN on sale at Rexall PharmaPlus.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love it. Like many of the reviewers are saying, just as good as Nail Envy, only BETTER because it's way cheaper!

Great with 60 Second Top Coat. Walgreens is having Rimmel on sale for BOYO, go get both!

on 7/6/2008 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great product & affordable too!!

You can use it as a base coat & Iíve found it to prevent any staining after I used dark polish. But to be honest; mostly I use it by itself. It gives a protective barrior to my nails, plus dries into a glossy finish. Basecoat, strengtheners & polish in one. This is just as good as NAIL ENVY.

on 3/29/2008 5:27:00 AM

Nice on its own but I find it a bit iffy as a base coat as sometimes it makes the polish peel off. I've found this using it under MAC and Chanel polishes particularly, which don't peel off on their own. Great for the price though.

on 2/22/2008 9:10:00 PM

I don't know how to how to my nails, and my nails were damaged by buffering. After reading the reviews here, I got one from the drugstore. the price is very cheap, and it products a very pinky shine (not pearly), I like a pink sparkle, and it drys very quickly, no chipping for at least a week. Good for nail dummy like me.

on 2/20/2008 7:45:00 AM

I bought this when I was on vacation because I wanted to do a quick manicure, and it was cheap. Turns out the stuff is amazing!!! I have terribly brittle nails, and the Northeastern winter only makes them chip and break all the more. Nothing has ever seemed to make them that much stronger, even religious coats of Nail Envy. Using this under nail polish, the polish stays on, and my nails have grown long and beautiful. I can't believe how well this works, especially for the dirt cheap price! Highly, highly recommended.

on 10/20/2007 7:56:00 PM

I only tried this product b/c of the recommendation on MUA, and I'm so glad I did. Nice product. I really love the subtle shimmer. A coat of this along with Sally Insta-dri topcoat makes for a very good, quick manicure.

on 9/17/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was a great recommendation, I never would have tried otherwise. I use nail envy as my base and then this as a topcoat and my manicure has never lasted so long. I also put a color in between the two coats and it lasts amazingly long. I will definately repurchase. Thanks..