October 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadows

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fairly recent convert to Dior quints but I adore them.
Gorgeous, silky, very pigmented shadows that blend like a dream & last until I take them off.
The more shimmery shadows never come across as overly frosty & garish. Beautiful shimmer that's not OTT, they simply look stunning.
Whilst Dior doesn't tend to have many shades available to those who love brighter shades, there's probably a quint that would appeal to most people. I tend to rely on MAC & NARS for my brights fix but for beautiful neutrals, daytime colours & stunning smoky shades, Dior keeps me coming back for more.
Pricey, but well worth the splurge as you need only use a small amount of shadow so they last a long while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by laviinia

I was using the CD Iridescent Goldfever 589 5-color palette and I'm blown away. It's pricey, but my absolute favorite! the color is not going to be under my eyes, it stays nicely on my eyes and it's texture is silky. I'll try definitely it again, but only maybe a different color-palette.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by cedriceccentric

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Though I find that Dior makes great eyeshadow textures, I really don't get how they put their palettes together. How can you achieve any difinition with 5 iridescent eyeshadows? It's only shimmer upon shimmer.
To really achieve a beautiful harmonious look you need to mix the regular 5 pan palettes with the iridescent and the matte mono eyeshadows, actually like a real pro would do. But to me the whole idea of a palette is to have eveything into one, no?

My ideal Dior 5-colours palette would have pans with different textures/finishes:
- 2 iridescent: one for the eyelid, the other to highlight the inner corner.
- 2 satins: a medium for the crease and a light for the browbone.
- 1 dark satin/matte for outer corner and linning.

I know Dior just came out with their Designer palettes, but those are monochrome and not as interesting colourwise as there other palettes. I'm under the impression that those were directly inspired by the often monochrome palettes you find from Japanse brands like Maquillage and Coffret d'Or.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by LynnMichelle

One of the most blendable, long wearing eyeshawdow palettes ever! Expensive but lasts forever. I love Sunset Cafe for my every day browns. Twilight is great for evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jlclarowe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will splurge on a Christian Dior shadow about once a year. I love these shadows. They go on like silk and the colors are the best I have found. One palette will last my forever. I wish these weren't so expensive, if they weren't I would have all of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

Dior quints are the BEST, especially the iridescents. absolutely unrivalled blendability. good lasting power but i still ruggest a primer. they are smooth and almost creamy and will make your eyes pop and face glow. the very best and worth the price

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by DaniDiamondz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a smokey eye compact for my sister, to which I would steal at times if I needed a colour *L*. Theyre all pretty colours, they stay for awhile but theyre small and very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mirjanala

This is a tiny little 5 color eyeshadow compact named Beige Massai. It has a peachy orange shadow in the upper left hand corner, a gold beige in the upper right, a shimmery bark brown shade in the center, light ruby in the lower left, and a mustard beige in the lower right. All the colors are matte. I don't like a single one of them! The quality is poor and the colors are terrible. The best part of this product is the Dior compact!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

I have at least 8 of these and they are really beautiful, with nice little diamond designs. They go on smooth and don't crease but for the price I just can't bring myself to buy them anymore with the economy the way it is because there are cheaper options out there that are just as good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Colors are gorgeous, and easy to apply, plus it's kinda long-lasting too!!!Wide selection of colors to mix and match, definitely one of Dior's must have!