September 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by angelcakesters

I love this black eyeshadow. This is my favorite black eyeshadow. I first discovered this eyeshadow in the Alice in Wonderland Palette but I will for sure buy the single shadow because I love the sparkles in it. I not only use it for night time looks but sometimes I like wearing this on top of my eyeliner to add a bit of sparkle to my eyes on certain occasions. I haven't tried MACs Black Tide but I think I'm too in love with this eyeshadow to try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by TheZombiesAteMyEyeliner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this eyeshadow is so hot! i love dark smokey eyes but matte black is boring & most blacks are not that pigmented. I have this in a palette && its my fav e/s! Its super pigmented and the glitter in it makes it sexier! It lasts all day & night w/o creasing. there is some glitter fallout but it looks really cute when it falls off onto your cheekbones! i also go over my black eyeliner with this for that smudgy bedroom eyes look. I love this eyeshadow and i will buy a full size for sure! ♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This black shadow with glitter compared to Nars night series and Lancome black tie won. It was the cheaper one out of all and was the darkest black.With glitter that actually showed. Don't get me wrong Nars is still good but the glitter is just finely milled that it gives the black a more dull effect. I like my black to pop, this delivered!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite black eyeshadow. It's really similar to MAC's Black Tide - but has even more shimmer! There's hardly any fallout from this one & it's so pigmented that you only need a small amount to make an impact. Oil Slick is perfect for the outer corner, and can be built up to make a bold statement.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by TimidSoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not into black eyeshadow so I either use this instead of or ontop of eyeliner. It works really well and doesn't smudge throughout the day. The glitter particles makes it less harsh and is great for smokey looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what I wanted MAC's Black Tied to be like.Black Tied was dry,chalky,and the more I blended,the less of the sparkle I would see. Oil Slick goes on smoother and blends alot better.there is a small amount of fallout of glitter from this eyeshadow,but if you are familar with Urban Decays eyeshadows with glitter you will know that this is one of their "better"shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not huge on black eyeshadow (I wish Urban Decay would stop including black in the palettes). However, for black shadow this is really pretty. This has tiny silver glitter, which is awesome.

If you want cheaper alternatives, it's very similar to the black in Cover Girl's Dazzling Metallics trio and Milani's Backstage Basics. These two have multi-color sparkle and aren't as high quality, but they do the job.

The only reason I didn't give it a higher rating or say I'd buy it again is because I'm not a fan of black shadow. It's so hard to wear when you're in a hurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm already on my second one. My first one lasted me about a year (use it daily). I usually don't like sparkly eye shadows, but for black shadows, matte looks too dull and flat. Oil slick looks like it has a lot of glitter initially, and when you swatch it on your hand, it looks too glittery; however, when you put it on your eyes, it's subtle. It's never gray like some other "black" eye shadows are. It's pretty much the blackest black eye shadow I've ever seen. Not even Black Tied from MAC comes close. The texture seems like it'd be gritty because of the glitter, but it's smooth. The packaging is Urban Decay's subway token case, and I love it. Also, it's really pigmented. One swipe will give you all you need. My HD eye shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

I use this exclusively as a liner, applied with a damp brush, and it works quite well. It is very pigmented, has relatively good staying power compared to liquid and pencil liners I've used, and the glitter pieces are neither too big nor get all over the place .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by serenalee

I wore this for my wedding day as liner (with BB gel liner first) and smudged shadow for a smokey eye and it did NOT move all night long!

Everyone kept coming up to me and saying "your makeup looks great" and I was sweating and dancing like crazy!

Definitely HG!