Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

3.7

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Glycolic Acid/Arginine, Peach Fruit Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Linden Flower Extract, Grapefruit Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Red #40, Yellow #5, Fragrance. 6/11/09

on 4/17/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Iíve always believed that I should go cheap on cleansers (Itís only on my face for a minute, after all), and then I received a deluxe sample (3.3 fl. oz.) of this cleanser. For years Iíve been using Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser for my combination/oily skin with occasional breakouts, and it was fine, no complaints. This PTR cleanser has made me a convert. After two uses my skin was smoother, softer, and clearer. This doesnít dry my skin out or leave it feeling oily, perfectly soft and clean. I was so surprised; I never expected a cleanser to deliver those kinds of results. A month later my skin looks better than ever and I canít imagine going back to my old cleanser. It has a pleasant, not too strong or overwhelming peachy scent. It leather very well and a pea-sized amount cleanses my whole face a neck so a little goes a long way (after one month barely any appears missing from the bottle). I use with wish my hands and a microfiber washcloth or with my Clarisonic. Yes, itís more expensive, but it is worth it. I will buy a full-size of this when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really amazing cleanser. It is loaded with good for the skin ingredients and none of the harsh stuff often found in ds facial cleaners, but what is more important to me is that it does everything that I want a cleanser to do; leaves my face feeling clean and fresh (not tight or overly dry), is soft and smooth to use, foams nicely and leaves no residue behind and smells nice and not overly chemical or strong. The bottle is super easy to use, although i would prefer a pump or squeeze tube just because I often got more product then I wanted and literally had to store the bottle upside down towards the end to get the last 10 or so uses.

I simply can't afford to use this as my primary cleanser, which is the only reason why I would not repurchase. $35 for a cleanser is just not in my budget right now.

I love this and would recommend to anyone; for the record I have combination oily/dry skin, am acne-prone along my jawline and have dry patches on cheeks.

on 12/28/2013 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I adore this cleanser. In fact, amongst all the ones I have ( and I do have plenty, notice how most of my reviews are for cleansers?!), this is this amongts my top 5 of all times. I've recently moved to Europe and I dread the day my bottle runs out and I have to hunt it down as it isn't sold in Paris...
I use it only once a day, usually at night with the clarisonic, never twice, and have been for a few month now, and I simply love the way my skin feels afterwards: clean and soft. Sometimes I use it as the 2nd cleanser when I do a double cleanse, and in these instances, it's just incredible, your pores are simply spotless.And it doen't take long to notice. A week, and you'll wonder where's it's been your entire life...
I am glad I purchased it before leaving the US, as I was stocking up on all non european sold brands, and I bought it untested but was attracted by the licorice contents ( another top in that category is the DDF!) as I also use a licorice brightening soap which really brighten my skin in the morning.
It's expensive, so ebay is the way...and small bottles are way much more practical than the big bulky one.

on 11/18/2013 2:29:00 PM

I have noticed my skin is a bit clearer since I started using this but it is drying. Its the sodium lauryl sulfate that causes that I'm sure. t foams up the perfect amount and the smell is a very pleasant peach scent. I have oily skin and so I can handle the drying effect but, I do have to use a good moisturizer. When I bought this I actually thought the packaging said "Anti-Acne" cleansing gel.. lol. Turns out it works pretty well for that but if you have a more mature skin-type that is dry I would not recommend this.

on 11/14/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This cleanser is the business!!!!!!! I recently tried another cleanser just to switch things up--BIG mistake. I started to break out! After evaluating my skin and realizing that I had no dietary or lifestyle changes, I realized that it was because I had not been using this cleanser! As soon as I began using it again, my skin clarity improved almost over night. The glycolic and salicylic acids help with skin tone and texture.
I use this 2x a day, morning and night because my skin is not at all sensitive and is very oily. If you have combo skin or tend to be dry, you should use this once a day or every few days if you're feeling dull. If you have sensitive, red, or flaky skin-try something that is gentler.
This cleanser can run a little high but it lasts forever! I shared my last bottle with my mom and it lasted 3 or more months--between two people!

on 11/9/2013 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

LOVE this! I got it because I had stubborn blackheads and clogged pores. I got a sample if this and the peel pads and was really impressed with the cleanser, not so much with the pads. I will say, you need to be careful and thorough when you wash it off and make sure you remove all of it. I got a few bad spots where I didn't get it all removed and it left painful red splotches that took several days to get rid of.

on 9/24/2013 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sensation after washing: tight, squeaky clean face. A little dry. However, living in a hot and humid climate + having normal type skin, the moisture naturally returns to my face soon enough.

Definitely don't recommend this for dry skin!

3 months in and haven't really seen any spectacular results, which I was expecting with the spectacular list of ingredients on the bottle.

But at least my face feels clean. I don't mind using this until it runs out, but the price reaaalllyy left more to be desired.

on 8/21/2013 9:05:00 AM

I had a sample size of this which I took on vacation with me as my sole cleanser for a week. This is a very thick gel that lathers nicely and feels quite luxurious although my skin does feel tight after using this. I have dry cheeks and forehead and oily nose and chin for reference. It did remove makeup well but stripped my skin. The fragrance is lovely though but I am not buying a cleanser based on the way it smells! I won't purchase a full size of this but I might dilute the remaining product to try to reduce the effect of it when I am trying to use it up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have sensitive skin and find that this cleanser is perfect to use once or twice a week to exfoliate my skin. It makes my skin feel really clean and super soft. It doesn't irritate my skin but it can be a little bit drying so you just have to be careful of that. I love that is has both AHA and BHA, so not only does it get rid of dead skin cells but it gets deep down into the pore to clean it out as well. I find that there really isn't much time for the acids to do their thing as we really only wash our faces for maybe 10-20 seconds. So I like to massage it in for about 30 seconds and then leave it on for a little bit longer, and then rinse off. Great cleanser for when I want a deep clean :)

Yikes!!! Horrid horrid stuff!!
It looks great, and it cleans really really well, but I value my eye so I won't be using this again... Seriously, if you get even the slightest bit of it in your eyes, you will be soooo sorry!! And the thing is, if you use it with the Clarisonic like is recommended, you're bound to get a little run-off that may get in your eyes. And that is something you will not soon forget....

Overall, it's a very good cleanser if you have oily skin. If you use it for a couple of weeks, your pores will be spotless...But I would love to know who is so very careful that they can wash their face without getting this stuff anywhere near their eyes-- LOL

Seriously, I think this would be an amazing facial cleanser if they could tone down the whole burn-your-eyes-out factor.LOL