November 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have noticed my skin is a bit clearer since I started using this but it is drying. Its the sodium lauryl sulfate that causes that I'm sure. t foams up the perfect amount and the smell is a very pleasant peach scent. I have oily skin and so I can handle the drying effect but, I do have to use a good moisturizer. When I bought this I actually thought the packaging said "Anti-Acne" cleansing gel.. lol. Turns out it works pretty well for that but if you have a more mature skin-type that is dry I would not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Hicksnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the business!!!!!!! I recently tried another cleanser just to switch things up--BIG mistake. I started to break out! After evaluating my skin and realizing that I had no dietary or lifestyle changes, I realized that it was because I had not been using this cleanser! As soon as I began using it again, my skin clarity improved almost over night. The glycolic and salicylic acids help with skin tone and texture.
I use this 2x a day, morning and night because my skin is not at all sensitive and is very oily. If you have combo skin or tend to be dry, you should use this once a day or every few days if you're feeling dull. If you have sensitive, red, or flaky skin-try something that is gentler.
This cleanser can run a little high but it lasts forever! I shared my last bottle with my mom and it lasted 3 or more months--between two people!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Margarett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I got it because I had stubborn blackheads and clogged pores. I got a sample if this and the peel pads and was really impressed with the cleanser, not so much with the pads. I will say, you need to be careful and thorough when you wash it off and make sure you remove all of it. I got a few bad spots where I didn't get it all removed and it left painful red splotches that took several days to get rid of.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by coconaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sensation after washing: tight, squeaky clean face. A little dry. However, living in a hot and humid climate + having normal type skin, the moisture naturally returns to my face soon enough.

Definitely don't recommend this for dry skin!

3 months in and haven't really seen any spectacular results, which I was expecting with the spectacular list of ingredients on the bottle.

But at least my face feels clean. I don't mind using this until it runs out, but the price reaaalllyy left more to be desired.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I had a sample size of this which I took on vacation with me as my sole cleanser for a week. This is a very thick gel that lathers nicely and feels quite luxurious although my skin does feel tight after using this. I have dry cheeks and forehead and oily nose and chin for reference. It did remove makeup well but stripped my skin. The fragrance is lovely though but I am not buying a cleanser based on the way it smells! I won't purchase a full size of this but I might dilute the remaining product to try to reduce the effect of it when I am trying to use it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin and find that this cleanser is perfect to use once or twice a week to exfoliate my skin. It makes my skin feel really clean and super soft. It doesn't irritate my skin but it can be a little bit drying so you just have to be careful of that. I love that is has both AHA and BHA, so not only does it get rid of dead skin cells but it gets deep down into the pore to clean it out as well. I find that there really isn't much time for the acids to do their thing as we really only wash our faces for maybe 10-20 seconds. So I like to massage it in for about 30 seconds and then leave it on for a little bit longer, and then rinse off. Great cleanser for when I want a deep clean :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yikes!!! Horrid horrid stuff!!
It looks great, and it cleans really really well, but I value my eye so I won't be using this again... Seriously, if you get even the slightest bit of it in your eyes, you will be soooo sorry!! And the thing is, if you use it with the Clarisonic like is recommended, you're bound to get a little run-off that may get in your eyes. And that is something you will not soon forget....

Overall, it's a very good cleanser if you have oily skin. If you use it for a couple of weeks, your pores will be spotless...But I would love to know who is so very careful that they can wash their face without getting this stuff anywhere near their eyes-- LOL

Seriously, I think this would be an amazing facial cleanser if they could tone down the whole burn-your-eyes-out factor.LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Amberlee0211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few times when I could afford it, and the time that I lost half a bottle was not a happy moment for me.
$35 is out of my price range completely. Because of that, I'm currently having to play around with other cleaning methods, but there's yet to ever be something that worked as well as this wash.
The glycolic acid didn't make me red and peel-y. This was has worked better than any facial scrub I've ever used to keep even-toned skin, pores unclogged from blemishes, and dead skin cells from piling up (I can usually tell by how rough my forehead is how well a wash is working). If I had tons of money, I would buy it all the time and use it as a body wash. That's how awesome it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- nice fragrance
- cleans well enough for makeup
- can be used with Clarisonic

Cons;
- must lather in hand for a while before applying to face
- Sephora sells smaller bottle online only
- if dry skin, could be drying if used twice daily

Only had a small sample so could not attest too much to drying aspect of this product. Did feel drying after third time of use so if I had a bottle, I would probably use at night only to ensure all makeup is gone although I always use a cream or jojoba oil first to remove most makeup. If I had a bigger size bottle, I would pay attention to whether it cleans face so well that I will not get whiteheads (I don't have blackheads). If I buy, I would buy the smallest size online. Even if I buy two of those sizes, it is still cheaper than buying the 8oz that Sephora sells in their store thus the high rating on Price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by gazh27

This cleanser makes my skin soft and I feel like it just lifts the dirt and oil out from my pores. Make sure you work it into your skin for AT LEAST 30 seconds - when i first bought this I made the mistake of washing it off after about 10 seconds, which was why I didn't see immediate results.

It can be drying, which is why I only gave it 4 stars. You'll need a hydrating moisturizer afterwards.