April 17, 2014 | 1823 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yikes!!! Horrid horrid stuff!!
It looks great, and it cleans really really well, but I value my eye so I won't be using this again... Seriously, if you get even the slightest bit of it in your eyes, you will be soooo sorry!! And the thing is, if you use it with the Clarisonic like is recommended, you're bound to get a little run-off that may get in your eyes. And that is something you will not soon forget....

Overall, it's a very good cleanser if you have oily skin. If you use it for a couple of weeks, your pores will be spotless...But I would love to know who is so very careful that they can wash their face without getting this stuff anywhere near their eyes-- LOL

Seriously, I think this would be an amazing facial cleanser if they could tone down the whole burn-your-eyes-out factor.LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Amberlee0211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few times when I could afford it, and the time that I lost half a bottle was not a happy moment for me.
$35 is out of my price range completely. Because of that, I'm currently having to play around with other cleaning methods, but there's yet to ever be something that worked as well as this wash.
The glycolic acid didn't make me red and peel-y. This was has worked better than any facial scrub I've ever used to keep even-toned skin, pores unclogged from blemishes, and dead skin cells from piling up (I can usually tell by how rough my forehead is how well a wash is working). If I had tons of money, I would buy it all the time and use it as a body wash. That's how awesome it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- nice fragrance
- cleans well enough for makeup
- can be used with Clarisonic

Cons;
- must lather in hand for a while before applying to face
- Sephora sells smaller bottle online only
- if dry skin, could be drying if used twice daily

Only had a small sample so could not attest too much to drying aspect of this product. Did feel drying after third time of use so if I had a bottle, I would probably use at night only to ensure all makeup is gone although I always use a cream or jojoba oil first to remove most makeup. If I had a bigger size bottle, I would pay attention to whether it cleans face so well that I will not get whiteheads (I don't have blackheads). If I buy, I would buy the smallest size online. Even if I buy two of those sizes, it is still cheaper than buying the 8oz that Sephora sells in their store thus the high rating on Price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by gazh27

This cleanser makes my skin soft and I feel like it just lifts the dirt and oil out from my pores. Make sure you work it into your skin for AT LEAST 30 seconds - when i first bought this I made the mistake of washing it off after about 10 seconds, which was why I didn't see immediate results.

It can be drying, which is why I only gave it 4 stars. You'll need a hydrating moisturizer afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by innats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser ! makes my skin very soft ! I like the smell too

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by CoconutMonkey22

Okay, so all of the sudden my skin went crazy and my cheeks were covered in cystic acne. I went to my local Sephora to purchase some makeup and made use of the girls in the skin care section. Oh my gosh I wish I could send the girl a thank you card in the mail!! I have been using this product for about a month now and I have not gotten any more cystic acne since using this product. My skin is finally starting to calm down and get back to normal!! YAY!! I still have the monthly hormonal breakouts, but no longer the cystic acne, just the normal pimples, which I can deal with. I love this product. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it is slightly drying, so I would not recommend this for someone with dry skin. But, I can handle the drying in order to not having to deal with those awful unsightly cysts on my cheeks. The price of this doesn't bother me at all because it has given me amazing results!! If you have oily, or combination, acne prone, cystic acne prone skin, I would definitely recommend this. Definitely will be repurchasing this product once it's gone, even though you only have to use a dime sized amount and this HUGE bottle seems like it will last forever. Love this!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

"Maybe" would buy this product again. It smells great and leaves my skin feeling clean, but I wonder about the anti-aging properties of this gel since it is rinsed off after about thirty seconds. Is this enough time for the acids to actually make a difference? Think next time I'll purchase a cheaper cleanser and follow it up by my trusty PTR Retinol Fusion PM.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this as a sample in my Sephora 500 points perk. If you're a fan of sudsy clean this is a great product. It doesn't foam up too much and rinses clean very well. It doesn't over dry the skin at all and smells very nice!! I love using this with my Clarisonic brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I started using this about 2 weeks ago and my skin has never looked better. I'm sure that this, in combination with the rest of my new skincare routine, has greatly improved the texture and overall appearance of my face.

I have oily, acne prone skin with a blackhead problem around my nose. I feel like this cleanser really gets my face clean and opens up my pores.

The blackheads are almost gone, my acne scars are diminishing, and my face just feels clean when I get out of the shower.

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. It smells like roses which is quite possibly my least favorite scent used in cosmetic products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by tinlopez

Good cleanser, made my skin dry though. It eliminated my blackheads and whiteheads (it has AHA and salicylic) which I love the most about this product, but reading through the ingredients I discovered this cleanser has parabens. So as much as I want to repurchase, I'm into my last bottle and would switch to another cleanser. I do hope, that PTR will not use parabens in their product because they really have good cosmetic products.