October 22, 2014 | 1228 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaylward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my reliable cleanser. I have been using it for 3 years now and every time I try to switch to something more "fancy" I always go back. It's perfect for my sensitive/combination skin and works great with my clarisonic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by radlett

I saw immediate results when I first switched to this cleanser. My skin was more even, more smooth, a little fresher than usual. A little goes a long way, and the 8 oz. bottle lasts me forever. I've been using this product for a year and I'm not through my second bottle yet. I totally recommend this. The only place I can find it in person is at Whole Foods.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Freckledflower

This clogged me bad. At first I didn't realize this was the cause because it snuck up so slowly but after about two weeks of use my face was covered in bumps (clogged pores). I stopped using moisturizer for a week thinking that might be the cause but it didn't help. After two days of not using this my skin is all ready much smoother and 95% of the bumps are gone. Sadly be careful with this one

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse at my local Health Foods whn a lady who worked there recommended it to me, and I must say I'm glad I did!
My skin is recovering acne prone, sensitive, combo/oily skin. Products with BP & SA only ravaged my skin more, & almost everything in the skincare section at drugstore only clogs me up more. So for a few months I've been tryn to take a more natural simple approach to skincare.
So far the staples in my natural routine are OCM w/ evoo, grapeseed, & castor, this cleanser, Rosewater w/ Glycerin, & a Radiant Skin moisturizer that was also recommended to me at that same health foods.

Anyway, this product is unlike anything I've ever tried, it removes all the oil & makeup from OCM & leaves my skin toned & firm, it minimizes my pores & minimizes size of breakouts overnight, & minimizes oilies, especially if I cleanse in the AM too which I rarely do...only when I feel I need it.
Thanks to this routine my makeup goes on beautifally fresh & stays that way through out the day w/ lilttle to no touch ups.
I feel fortunate to have gotten such a wonderful reccomendation! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kaseyism

I absolutely love this stuff. I'm 31 and have acne-prone combination skin which seems to be somewhat sensitive. I tend to react to natural products, but not this one. I use this stuff every night before bed with Revlon Pro-X eye cream and Cetaphil moisturizer, sometimes with Retin-A. Everytime I stray from this cleanser, I regret it and come back begging for forgiveness. I'll use something else, break out, then when I come back, my painful acne is neutralized within a day and in a few days, all but gone. It's also great at removing makeup. I used to use this cleanser in the morning, too, and while I didn't have any issues with excessive drying or irritation, I now use a super gentle cleanser instead. Lathers nicely and has an herbal scent to it. You get used to it, it's a small price to pay.

Bottom line - love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

AMAZING! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A hidden gem! This works beautifully for my sensitive/combo/oily skin. It doesn't over dry my skin AND it also thoroughly cleanses it. It's not a magic bullet for beautiful skin, I still exfoliate and moisturize, etc., but this is absolutely a wonderful product. I'd be interested to hear if it works for ladies with truly oily skin, something tells me this cleanser's gentle, but thorough approach would work well. But, I'm not a dermatologist, so don't quote me.

I don't love the smell, slightly medicinal, and I'd rather have a squeeze tube than a pump, but those are minor things. I will forgo them for clean, not over-stripped skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

really like this for oily/combo skin, especially how the halyronic acid plumps up my skin. the only slight downside for me is that is says "frangrance" not sure from essential oils or not! would prefer essential oils for fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by skyla80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product twice a day for 3-4 years, and it's been great. Many cleansers I've tried either leave my skin feeling stripped or coated, but this is Goldylocks: just right! I follow this up with Earth Science Clarifying Herbal Astringent, then moisturizer.

I had previously used Cetaphil, and appreciated that it was pH balanced, but wanted to move away from beauty products with alcohol, SLS, and parabens. I get the same results from Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash as I got with Cetaphil...with nicer ingredients and a better smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Being extremely into natural skincare only for my face these days I had to give this a try as it's about the only cleanser I havent tried from Whole Foods lol. I love many Earth Science products specifically they ADE Creamy Cleanser which is so lush and like whipped cream. Im so attracted to being able to find a creamy cleanser that will gently balance my normal but super clog/breakotu prone skin while still giving me a good clean however this only exists in theory hence why I stopped using the ADE as it jsut didnt clean well. I was hesitatant to try this gel cleanser and gel cleansers in general are a preference of mine for the great clean but they are always somehow market for oilier skintype and longterm end up drying me out. Even with the absoltuely amazing ingredients in this Clarifying Wash it sadly did nothing for my skin. I was expecting it to somewhow dry me out or leave my skin tight over time like many mentioned and it basically jsut dehydrated my skin. Felt great while using but after my face wouldn't feel clean which is a first in my life with a gel cleanser. Then after applying even super light moisturizers within an hours my face was sticky and oily. THe second I stopped using this cleanser that went away. So didnt quite dry me out but somehow washed worse than cream cleansers do for me. Really wanted it to work too but just another natural product that only was good on paper for my fussy skin. Going back to my REN Mayblossom Cleansing Gel which is about the only natural cleanser that has worked for me to this day and will stop my constant junkie urge of trying to find something better lol. This is a cheap cleanser/quality if it happens to work for your skin so definitely give it a try at the least!