April 17, 2014 | 1868 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kaseyism

I absolutely love this stuff. I'm 31 and have acne-prone combination skin which seems to be somewhat sensitive. I tend to react to natural products, but not this one. I use this stuff every night before bed with Revlon Pro-X eye cream and Cetaphil moisturizer, sometimes with Retin-A. Everytime I stray from this cleanser, I regret it and come back begging for forgiveness. I'll use something else, break out, then when I come back, my painful acne is neutralized within a day and in a few days, all but gone. It's also great at removing makeup. I used to use this cleanser in the morning, too, and while I didn't have any issues with excessive drying or irritation, I now use a super gentle cleanser instead. Lathers nicely and has an herbal scent to it. You get used to it, it's a small price to pay.

Bottom line - love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

AMAZING! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A hidden gem! This works beautifully for my sensitive/combo/oily skin. It doesn't over dry my skin AND it also thoroughly cleanses it. It's not a magic bullet for beautiful skin, I still exfoliate and moisturize, etc., but this is absolutely a wonderful product. I'd be interested to hear if it works for ladies with truly oily skin, something tells me this cleanser's gentle, but thorough approach would work well. But, I'm not a dermatologist, so don't quote me.

I don't love the smell, slightly medicinal, and I'd rather have a squeeze tube than a pump, but those are minor things. I will forgo them for clean, not over-stripped skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

really like this for oily/combo skin, especially how the halyronic acid plumps up my skin. the only slight downside for me is that is says "frangrance" not sure from essential oils or not! would prefer essential oils for fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by skyla80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product twice a day for 3-4 years, and it's been great. Many cleansers I've tried either leave my skin feeling stripped or coated, but this is Goldylocks: just right! I follow this up with Earth Science Clarifying Herbal Astringent, then moisturizer.

I had previously used Cetaphil, and appreciated that it was pH balanced, but wanted to move away from beauty products with alcohol, SLS, and parabens. I get the same results from Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash as I got with Cetaphil...with nicer ingredients and a better smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Being extremely into natural skincare only for my face these days I had to give this a try as it's about the only cleanser I havent tried from Whole Foods lol. I love many Earth Science products specifically they ADE Creamy Cleanser which is so lush and like whipped cream. Im so attracted to being able to find a creamy cleanser that will gently balance my normal but super clog/breakotu prone skin while still giving me a good clean however this only exists in theory hence why I stopped using the ADE as it jsut didnt clean well. I was hesitatant to try this gel cleanser and gel cleansers in general are a preference of mine for the great clean but they are always somehow market for oilier skintype and longterm end up drying me out. Even with the absoltuely amazing ingredients in this Clarifying Wash it sadly did nothing for my skin. I was expecting it to somewhow dry me out or leave my skin tight over time like many mentioned and it basically jsut dehydrated my skin. Felt great while using but after my face wouldn't feel clean which is a first in my life with a gel cleanser. Then after applying even super light moisturizers within an hours my face was sticky and oily. THe second I stopped using this cleanser that went away. So didnt quite dry me out but somehow washed worse than cream cleansers do for me. Really wanted it to work too but just another natural product that only was good on paper for my fussy skin. Going back to my REN Mayblossom Cleansing Gel which is about the only natural cleanser that has worked for me to this day and will stop my constant junkie urge of trying to find something better lol. This is a cheap cleanser/quality if it happens to work for your skin so definitely give it a try at the least!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by liliesandsunshine

ES Clarifying Facial Wash is a decent cleanser-cleans my combo face without overdrying it. It reminds me a lot of Liquid Neutrogena cleanser in terms of texture, feel, and smell. However, despite my "meh" feeling, I would recommend/purchase the facial wash again because it is cheap, PH-balanced, and have extracts of natural ingredients (cucumber, rosemary, birch bark, and lavender).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this for about $6-7 on sale at Henry's. I've been looking for a simple, non-detergent cleanser & picked up this & Desert Essence: Thoroughly Clean Face Wash Sunflower, Green tea, Tea Tree Oil. I asked on the skincare boards which one was better & the majority went with this one. I've been using it over a week now & I really like it. I LOVE the scent! For reference, I don't rely on a cleanser to remove my makeup; I usually take my makeup off before w/ Pond's for my eyes & a makeup wipe or Bioderma H2O & a cotton pad or plain old Jojoba oil, THEN I CLEANSE. I have slightly oily skin, acne prone skin.

Here's a description from their site:
"Clarifying Facial Wash
This mild foaming gel gently removes dirt, oil and other residues while oil-free moisturizers keep skin soft and supple, never dry. Rich in Hyaluronic Acid (nature’s most effective oil-free hydrator). The ideal way to cleanse and properly moisturize normal and oily complexions while preventing over-cleansing and drying of the skin. pH 5.0 8 oz."

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Kiradris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin that can occasionally get dry on the surface. I've been using this cleanser for the past year or so, and I am a big fan. I usually find it on sale at my local Henry's market (thought at full price I still consider it a reasonable buy). It is gentle, gets rid of the oilies and the day's makeup, but doesn't strip skin of moister (however to make your skin very soft afterwards, I recommend using the complimentary toner from this line). A full bottle usually lasts me about 4-6 months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good one - gets the job done and doesn't dry out my skin. thoroughly removes most make up, though not my eye make up if I'm wearing much. Not any majory complaints, but not any major praises for this cleanser either. I kind of prefer my Dove sensitive skin bar b/c it gets all make up off a little better and foams so much :-P
But, I still recommend this one too, and it's got good ingredients!

EDIT: well, this dried the heck out of my skin too after further use :-(.
Now I use Freeman Organics Good Stuff Cleanser which I love.