December 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I waited so long to buy this shadow! I'm flipping in love with Soft Brown! The shade is the most beautiful, soft, light peachy brown, with a wonderful soft, silky matte finish. I LOVE using Soft Brown on all over my lid and then up into my crease area with a 217 or 224 brush. If you're an NC25 or darker, I would say that it really is the most perfect warm transition shade to really warm up the eye without being obvious that it's there. However, if you're more fair or have cool toned skin, I could see Soft Brown being potentially too orange on your skin, of course, it depends on application and your personal preferences. I'm an NC30-35 and think it adds the slightest bit of warmth, I can also get away with wearing this on it's own with just some highlighter on my brow bone as a warm, natural look, but I can see why most people would see Soft Brown solely as a transition shade, since it is quite orange, but if you're skin is warm enough, you could totally use this as a lid shade. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a natural, light, matte colour. ** Please be advised that this shadow is QUITE peachy and slightly orange, Soft Brown is NOT a neutral, it is warm! So if you prefer cooler shades, you should probably look for an alternative cooler or more neutral brown, like Cork or Wedge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Kaelyn22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It is a great color to wear everyday and it looks wonderful with about any color you wear it with. I use it in my crease everyday, its always good to apply a matte color to you crease to add dimension to the eye.
Like I said, I wear it everyday and I am in high school and I have athletics during the middle of the day and afterwards it still looks good! I didn't think its pigmentation would last through my workout, but it did very well!
I WILL repurchase this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice blending color. I use it in my crease to blend out my other colors. It's a very nice shade to connect my eyeshadows together and make everything smooth. It's a Matte light brown and I like that there is no shimmer. It's definitely one of the best blending eyeshadows that I've ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past year there has rarely been a product thta truly amazed me. I was uncertain if Soft Brown would pull orange on me but Oh My it's amazing. So gorgeous. Besides Quarry this is my favorite MAC eyeshadow so far. Both make fantastic crease colors for my brown eyes but I find SB a little more blendable,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Like all other reviews, this shade really does make a great transition shade to blend Neutral shades out! The texture is pretty much like all matte mac eye shadows and it's easy to spread all over the crease. The color is like an orange-ish brown and compliments the crease nicely if you wear it alone, just as long as it's blended out pretty well.

With a primer it lasts all day on my crease, and I think the shade is especially pretty when blended with Mac's Satin Brune.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I originally bought this color as a filler for my eyebrows (apparently I have "soft brown" hair), but it's also a pretty nice crease color. It's too dark on my NW20 skin to be much else, but it's a pretty, ashy/neutral brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

PERFECT transition color! It works so well to blend out the edges and warm up your crease color. I use this pretty much every day. I've actually started using it as my crease color as well. I use Naked Lunch all over my lid with this blended up into the crease. I do this when I have more intense winged liner and want a polished lid look. Then I pair it with a deeper lip color like Ruby Woo or Diva. Seriously. This stuff looks woefully boring in the pan, but it's SO versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this probably about 5-6 months ago, so I've had plenty of time to play around with it. Anyways, I didn't really need much time to fall in love with this shade. It's a beautiful warm brown, and it's a perfect transition color if you're looking to warm up your look a little bit. I like using this with Vanilla and Corduroy, I find this combination just beautiful.

The texture is super soft and easy to blend, and it is not chalky at all which is great for a matte shade.

Overall, I think this is a great addition to anyone's collection, and I think it would get a lot of use!
Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by aprilg23

I was hesitant at first to buy Soft Brown (matte eyeshadow) which looks boring and orangey in the pan. I was not convinced it would work with my MAC Eclair and Constructivist paint pots as a transition colour, however once I put the two together, the results were absolutely beautiful. Soft brown is the perfect transition colour to warm up the look, it is not an eyeshadow to be worn over the lid or on it's own. The texture is fantastic, great pigmentation and this will last ages! I highly recommend it, it really completes an eye look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You really can't go wrong with this color, it is a great investment. It's the perfect crease color for fair skin, and a great color for everyday use. It blends well, it's highly pigmented, and it's very flattering. One of my favorites and certainly a staple of my standard eye look.