August 30, 2014 | 1292 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not as hydrating or moisturising as you would think. I found it drying and hardly any colour payoff at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

I have this in Pudgy Peony - initially applied in the morning after sneaking into my sisters lipstick stash - and the color lasted until i got home in the evening, enough for me to show her and get her to guess what color I had on. It leaves a nice stain on the lips, but it will transfer onto anything your lips come in contact with. I went out and bought my own - $40NZD for full size. I like this because it isn't drying but i still apply carmex before application and it's not too "dressy" so good for everyday wear. Pudgy Peony is a nice deep fuschia - adds a bit of pop to my otherwise plain everyday makeup look.

You will come across some colors in this range that are really sheer (i'm talking about Voluptuous Violet - don't go there seriously) so it pays to try before you buy. Two Ton Tomato is also a good red color.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by pb84

Hype and confusion. I don't get it how people review this line is "so pigmented"? It's sheer color, alright?
The color pay off sucks big time. With waxy texture, you can see layer of products on your lip, and color won't come up nicely. It's also not very hydrating, it dries my lips hour after like 1 hour. it doesn't last at all. Honestly, Maybeline baby lip give better moisturize and a sheer color. YEs, the chubby is that bad.
packaging is cute, and that's all about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - I bought the Chubby Colour & Shine Set (Christmas 2011) which came with a cute silver pouch and four mini-sized Chubby Sticks in: Woppin' Watermelon (sheer pink), Mega Melon (sheer melon), Super Strawberry (sheer medium berry pink), and Whole Lotta Honey (sheer muted red-toned brown). These have a smooth, soft texture, and provide a hint of color. They feel somewhat moisturizing and definitely protective for my lips. Handy and easy to use and reapply.

Comparisons - A nice alternative to the Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tints and such, and at a slightly lower price point for the full sized units. I much prefer these Chubby Sticks to Clinique's Superbalms which are too runny and sticky (and my lips don't like the petroleum jelly base).

Packaging - Very portable. Twist-up fat crayon pencil with plastic barrel that reflects the shade inside.

Overall - Great for gals wanting just a hint of color without the stickiness of traditional lip gloss. This is a staple in my handbag. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by natsiroo

I got the clinique chubby stick in a little gift bag after purchasing a liquid foundation and counter at my Macy's clinique counter. First glimpse at the chubby stick, being a very deep violet purple (voluptuous violet), I was a little out of my comfort zone. To my discovery, it was not very pigmented, and provided just a little bit of a darker tint which I absolutely loved. It is very moisturizing and just adds a little bit of extra color to any look. If you want it more pigmented you can definitely build it up. ONLY flaw is that it does not last a long time. However, I don't mind applying but that may be a problem to a few of you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I just love using this product, I've got myself multiple shades! It glides on really well and settles really comfortably on my lips (the moisturizing feel is so great). The pigment promises the hue you would really expect of it and it generally lasts long enough. The packaging is good wherein you can just twist the bottom. This is a very good investment, you'll definitely look forward to using this product again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried the Chubby Sticks in many different shades and I find them a decent product at a decent price. The packaging makes for very easy use, also on the go and without mirror.

The effect on the lips is slightly sheer and hydrating, although not on amazing levels of moisture. I use them as daily, plain, ordinary make up products, but for a wow effect I use YSL Rouge Pur Couture

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to finally buy this product after hearing so much about it. So I bought pudgy peony.

Loved the wind up crayon, think its a great product to carry about in your bag for the size.
Plus the colour I liked very much. Thought it was great that you can apply it as intense or subtle as you like.

Consistency I would describe as between a balm (although not a balm at all) and a lipstick. When I first applied it I was pretty excited and thought I had found it, my perfect lipstick/balm. Lipsticks I find too heavy, balms well they are just balms with no real colour payoff. So here was the solution so I thought.

I was disappointed though when I discovered after wearing it an hour or two, that it begun to do my pet hate of fading with colour staining/sticking to the centre of my lips and promptly going dry and starting to peel my lips. The very thing I bought this for to get away from.

So this is not the wonderful hydrating in-between balm lipstick that I imagined it was going to be from all they hype.

As much as I love the colours and the way they can go on subtle or strong, I just don't think they are really all that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This MIGHT (Might) be my Holy Grail lip product. The colors are gorgeous and SO pigmented! My favourite is Roomiest Rose, so beautiful. The color pay off is amazing and it last 1-3 hours without touch ups. Packaging is simple and smart.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I really like this product! If your lips are looking or feeling dry and you want to put on lip colour, then you don't need to worry about adding moisture to them, because this stuff is moisturising and colouring at the same time. I think the colour I have is called 'melon' which is a really nice subtle natural looking light-red. I'm not sure how the other colours add up, but this colour is really good, and would suit all skin tones.