Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 12/27/2014 6:17:00 PM

I tried Cliniques chubby stick in watermelon. It's gorgeous. I don't wear lipstick and I find lip glosses too gloopy but this was the perfect inbetweeny. It has a lot more punch than a normal lip balm but feels really lovely and moisturising on the lips. The watermelon colour was a subtle pink which didn't have to be reapplied too often. I loved this. It was handy, simple and gorgeous to wear xx

on 12/21/2014 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love the look of this formula. I have several shades, and they all work well. I despise the look of lipstick and the fragrance in most lip products. These are easy to carry and easy to apply -- no mirror necessary. Sometimes I wear Clinique gloss over these for a little more intensity.

on 12/6/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I terms of formulation, this is a good product - its hydrating, soothing, gives a slight hint of color and shine, and will protect from the elements on days you skip lipstick. But even in the Winter you need SPF! I am really surprised Clinique skipped this important ingredient.

aside from the SPF issue there are two reasons I don't like this product: 1) it barely "tint's my lips with color and 2) for what it is that it's FAR too expensive. I mean, common! $18.00?! I can grab a Lip Smacker or tinted Baby Lips and it will give the same effect - not to mention there are some other kick-@ss drugstore balms and now drug store brand tinted chubby sticks that run circles around this product at a fraction of the cost.

on 11/10/2014 11:43:00 PM

These are amazing!! They are so creamy and hydrating. The colors are so vibrant an they last a long time! Even though they're a little pricey, its so worth it! I wish they had these in matte,

on 11/7/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really love these. They are long-lasting and the colors are gorgeous. I have Two Ton Tomato, Chunkiest Cherry, Mightiest Maraschino, Mega Melon, Fuller Fig, and Grandest Guava. They are all terrific but Grandest Guava is especially great with my coloring. WHY is it limited edition?

on 11/6/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was not able to wear this lip balm because I seem to break out from the Red 30 in it. Made me break out.

on 11/2/2014 4:08:00 PM

I bought the two ton tomato. It's perfect, just the right amount moisture, coverage and shine.
Stays on long too. Finally found my hg lipstick.

Also bought the fuller fig, a wholelotta of honey and heaping hazelnut.

I love fuller fig and honey since they're the most natural and flattering colours ever.
But heaping hazelnut was a bit too light, I looked washed out. So I just use it on my face
as a highlighter.

At first I was dissapointed with these!

I brought the shade Whoppin' Watermelon on a whim and I was expected it to be a lot more pigmented but I think now I understand the purpose of these!

After a while I found myself reaching for the pink shade a lot on days where I didn't want to bother with lining my lips or lipsticks but still wanted a bit of colour and moisture and the chubby sticks are perfect for that!

I expected these to be similar to other lip crayons I have tried but I don't think these are supposed to replace a lipstick, I think they're just meant as a really lovely, sheer tinted lip balm type thing - although I have to say I have purchased some brighter colours and the colour pay off with them have been excellent!

These don't have the best staying power and do seem to fade after a couple of bites of food or a drink but because they are so moisturising and fool proof to apply you can top up again, again and again without worrying about your lips drying!

Now the Autumn and Winter months have arrived I am loving the shade '08 Grandest Grape' which is a rich purple colour! The pigmentation in this shade is phenumonel and it is definitely my new favourite go to lip product (in this shade anyways)!

I would purchase a chubby stick again although I think I'm still looking to try out a couple different shades and find my HG shades from the collection!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very moist, it looks natural on my lips and long lasting.

on 10/5/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have not reviewed these lip balms yet because I have been using three of them and I have noticed that they have a slightly different consistency and opacity.

I have Graped up, a nice mauvey berry beige with imperceptable shimmer which is very creamy and has a good coverage for a balm. On fairy skin it can look quite dark and sultry, on mediuml/dark skin it has more a nude. I also have Volouptuos Violet (VV) which on the lips is a beautyful transparent berry colour, like a cooler version of the famous Black Honey tand it looks great on pale and on tanned skin. And I have Woppin Watermelon (WW) which is a semitransparent creamy pink with a blue undertone and depending on how much I apply it can look very natural, almost nude, or a bit more polished in the 60thies kind of look.

They are all very emollient, WW being my favourite in terms of versatility and hydration, and keep my lips moisturized and plump also hours after they fade off, leaving a hue of colour. They are not sticky and shining like glosses but like real balms. For this reason I also love to apply WW and VV under or over my lipsticks to make them more emollient, especially the long lasting ones.

Because they are made with natural oils and butters they are not addictive and drying in the long terms like many other lip products with mineral oil (yes I mean you Clarins Natural Lip perfector!) and the only thing that makes me addicted is the ease and the pleasure to apply them. Once I forgot Woppin Watemelon in the office over the weekend and I almost freaked out! I'm sure I'm going to try many more colours in the cool range.

Popular Lipsticks