July 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I just love using this product, I've got myself multiple shades! It glides on really well and settles really comfortably on my lips (the moisturizing feel is so great). The pigment promises the hue you would really expect of it and it generally lasts long enough. The packaging is good wherein you can just twist the bottom. This is a very good investment, you'll definitely look forward to using this product again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried the Chubby Sticks in many different shades and I find them a decent product at a decent price. The packaging makes for very easy use, also on the go and without mirror.

The effect on the lips is slightly sheer and hydrating, although not on amazing levels of moisture. I use them as daily, plain, ordinary make up products, but for a wow effect I use YSL Rouge Pur Couture

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to finally buy this product after hearing so much about it. So I bought pudgy peony.

Loved the wind up crayon, think its a great product to carry about in your bag for the size.
Plus the colour I liked very much. Thought it was great that you can apply it as intense or subtle as you like.

Consistency I would describe as between a balm (although not a balm at all) and a lipstick. When I first applied it I was pretty excited and thought I had found it, my perfect lipstick/balm. Lipsticks I find too heavy, balms well they are just balms with no real colour payoff. So here was the solution so I thought.

I was disappointed though when I discovered after wearing it an hour or two, that it begun to do my pet hate of fading with colour staining/sticking to the centre of my lips and promptly going dry and starting to peel my lips. The very thing I bought this for to get away from.

So this is not the wonderful hydrating in-between balm lipstick that I imagined it was going to be from all they hype.

As much as I love the colours and the way they can go on subtle or strong, I just don't think they are really all that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This MIGHT (Might) be my Holy Grail lip product. The colors are gorgeous and SO pigmented! My favourite is Roomiest Rose, so beautiful. The color pay off is amazing and it last 1-3 hours without touch ups. Packaging is simple and smart.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I really like this product! If your lips are looking or feeling dry and you want to put on lip colour, then you don't need to worry about adding moisture to them, because this stuff is moisturising and colouring at the same time. I think the colour I have is called 'melon' which is a really nice subtle natural looking light-red. I'm not sure how the other colours add up, but this colour is really good, and would suit all skin tones.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jademichelle9

Big fat zero stars if I could.
Waxy texture, drying to my lips and to be quite honest, I could maybe get over that if the product actually lasted longer than half an hour. I don't get the hype, they look cheap and feel cheap - so people may as well just buy cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing all the stellar reviews on this line, I picked one up in Mighty Mimosa. It is a gorgeous peachy pink color with fine champagne shimmer, perfect for daily wear. Packaging is sleek and sturdy. Unfortunately that's all that I like about it.

Application wise, it was waxy and thin in texture. A bit hard to build up the color because it is on the harder side of balm consistency. My lips will get sensitive and stretched out after application due to the constant swiping motion to build up enough color to show up on my slightly pigmented lips. I'm NC20-25 btw. After application, the COLOR looks amazing on my skin. It really brightens up my complexion, giving me a healthy glow. However, I do not like how it looks... texture wise. Too dry and waxy.

This is definitely NOT a moisturizing product. After sitting on my lips for about 15 minutes, my lips begin to feel parched and peel. Granted I do have sensitive lips and most waxy lipsticks make my lips peel.. just never this badly. My lips looked like a flakey mess.

To the ladies and gents with dry and/or sensitive lips, stay away from this specific color (Mighty Mimosa). I have not tried the other shades so I cannot comment on them, but Mighty Mimosa is definitely better suited for people with smooth and hydrated lips.

In my experience, shimmery and glittery lip products are the worst offenders of flakey and dry lips, so try opting for a cream shade with no shimmer.

***I do want to let you guys know that if these don't work out for you because they dry your lips, a great inexpensive alternative to these are the Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balms. Those are currently my absolute favorite jumbo lip products. The shade range is definitely not as extensive as the Clinique Chubby Stick line, but the formula, in my opinion, is much more hydrating and comfortable on the lips (again I'm talking about the cream shades). Surprisingly, my lips feel even more moisturized after wearing them for a while!

While I cannot guarantee that they will also work for you like they did for me, but I would definitely recommend that you give them a go especially for their affordable price and hydrating formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I own three of these, Graped Up, Fuller Fig and .curviest Caramel I love them. I know so many of the drug store brands have jumped on this wagon and I own several of those two but these three particular colors I have not been able to totally dupe and for that I will replace these when I run out even at the higher price (Although they are $4 cheaper than Tarte!)

Right out of the box I will tell you these are mattes. If you have dry or flaky lips you aren't going to like these. They will coat and show every flake. My Mantra: Exfoliate, balm with matte formulas. They have about average staying power. I was a HUGE fan of the old pencils and Pink Fringe was my favorite ( think Mac Pink Plaid) they didn't bring that shade back (boo) but I have found these three and they will work for day in the office at night with heavier eye and cheek make up or jeans casual. So easy to take with and I can put them on without a mirror. Clinique is one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Rachjenks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not confident when it come to lipstick so told the lady at the counter I wanted something that you can tell I'm wearing but not too bright or anything. She got me the bountiful blush which at first I think looked a bit brown for me but it isn't at all. It's great just what I wanted. I paid £17 which I thought was ok. It is moisturising but I have dry lips so I use lip balm about 15 mins before I put it on. I will be going back for more as I get braver with colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My grandmother always gets Clinique samples in the mail and gives them to me and this is tied for my favorite product of their's that I've used so far (tied with Clinique's High Impact Mascara).

The Chubby Stick is kind of like a lip balm, but with great color! I have only used the shade Woppin' Watermelon, but it is so pretty. I am fair skinned, and it basically looks like my natural lip color, it just makes them look better. Not only does it add a healthy color to my lips, it also moisturizers them. It feels great and looks great.

I definitely plan to purchase some of their other colors - but the Chubby Stick in Woppin' Watermelon is PERFECT for making fair-skinned girls look like they have nothing on but pretty, natural, pink lips.