November 22, 2014 | 1735 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I used to use this eye makeup remover when I was in high school and that was the last bottle I would ever buy. The bottle itself is really small compared to other eyemakeup removers like my favorite from Neutrogena (Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover), and the product itself—while I understand it is a moisturizing eye makeup remover—is incredibly greasy on the skin and feels really uncomfortable. I always rinse my face with water and a cleanser after removing my eye makeup, and that's a must with this particular eye makeup. At the end of the day I know my eye makeup is bound to be a mess. But this makeup remover, though it does get the job done, feels like it leaves a mess of its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by edamamelover

I bought the maybelline waterproof mascara and could not remove that with my regular cleanser so i bought the Expert Eyes remover and it removes absolutely EVERYTHING. I think in general, when you buy products of the same brand, they work well together. It does leave an oily residue but I think that is the "moisturizing" component. What I do is use the remover before I wash my face, so my regular cleanser (vichy normaderm purifying cleansing gel) removes completely the oily feel! I feel this remover is quite good because it doesn't dry your sensitive eyelids. I havent tested this product on other mascaras/eyeliners.

Pros: removes all traces of mascara
not very pricey: 7$ ( if i remember correctly)

Cons: oily feel (but can be removed with regular cleanser)

would definitely recommend to my friends
this did not burn my eyes at all and I have very dry/sensitive eyes usually due to wearing contact lenses/allergies

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by thecaitlanimal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually hated this eye make up remover. Its so ridiculously oily that it gets all over everything. You cant use it to get rid of excess make up underneath your eyes because it either gets into your eyes and makes them burn and water like crazy or it stays on and cant be rubbed away and ruins all your make up for the day. Dont buy this, it actually sucks a bunch

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by vneff

This is super oily, main ingredient is mineral oil. Does not remove my makeup and leaves an oily residue. Hate it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

Seriously the worst eye make up remover ever. It manages to take off my foundation, etc. but takes forever to remove my mascara and eyeliner. I'm often left with traces of liner and clumps of mascara. Also its extremely oily and thick and stays on my skin. It feels horrible and smells so bad even my boyfriend said he couldn't stand it and he never commits on any of make up, etc. smelling. I'll use it until I can find my normal rimmel eye make up remover because its the only thing that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by gwenieveresalazar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the only product that takes off ALL my makeup and I barely have to try. it is a bit oily but thats what breaks up and lifts the makeup off my eyes. i've tried EVERYTHING out there to take off my makeup and while there have been other good/great ones I always come back to this because its cheap and hassle free.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Purple822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Ok. Leaves a residue.
I buy this on sale.
Due to the packaging, it comes out slowly.
It works but I feel I can go through it fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Galitde64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing!!! I purchased it today. My previous eye makeup remover wasn't able to remove a certain waterproof eyeliner I use. I was amazed how easy it was using this new remover.
When I went online to read the reviews I didn't believe there will be any negative ones. If it's about the fact that it is oily, well... in my opinion it's an adventage that the makeup remover is oily, especially for the eyes area.
I will certainly buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by tanyalorrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is cheap. Yes, I said it. That isn't necessarily a horrible thing though. It works fairly well, in fact just as well as some of the 30 dollar bottles I have boughten over the years. The major downside is the horrible greasy feeling you are left with all over your lids. If I was away from home and forgot my remover I would buy a bottle of this cheapie stuff to get by. If you are on a budget I would say this is the cheapest stuff that does any effect against heavy eyeliner, but there are other slightly more expensive products that are a little bit better (loreal makes a decent product for about 11 dollars CAD while this product is about 7). I stress this however, they are only slightly better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with jen08. It does not take of anything. Hit the yes button if you agree.