December 21, 2014 | 1941 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous- Love That Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by lucciolaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also have this nail polish colour, and I think both are fantastic. The lipstick is moisturising and is a beautiful colour. Has a nice finish - not too glossy. I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Between this and love that pink i think they are both extremely bright almost garish, but fun, and love that red is prettier. Blotted or applied and then wiped off so it's like a stain, is how i usually use it. Good colour but you need confidence to wear it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely the brightest lipstick I've ever worn. I was looking for Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick, but CVS was out and I settled for this. It's definitely a very true red with no orange/yellow tones at all. I'm very pale, so this color is a bit shocking on me. My husband stared at me after I put it on. When I asked if he liked it, he replied with a grimace, "It's just so......bright.". On the bright side (LOL), it's a very nice formula and doesn't dry my lips out at all. It's really comfortable and wears extremely well throughout the day. After several hours of wear, it faded into a flattering mauve-berry shade. In the end, I decided to return this. I just don't think I'll wear it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

This is my favorite red for a neutral bright red. No blue based tones (at least on me). This formula is great - stays on for a while without drying your lips, and no scent. I say this because the Loreal line is very moisturizing but really doesn't stay on very long - it's not as pigmented as the Loreal. Highly recommend!!!

If you DO want a blue-based red, I recommend Revlon's Certainly Red - same great pigmentation and formula, but just darker and more blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by KirstieLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! This may sound a little crazy, but I apply a little gloss then I put this over it. It adds a beautiful pop of color to my lip without being too harsh or bright. I don't usually use this alone (w/o the gloss) but I have found that when I do, it has great staying power. Its a little bit dry though. But I give it 5 lippies since since I love using it with my lip gloss. And its not too pricey either!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a pin up look,with a dark eyeliner,it.s perfect!love the colour!makes you look healthy and happy!love the formula,creamy,onctuous,last long.with a nice red pencil and some foundation around the lips,you got the perfect red lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

this is my very first red lipstick. I didn't think I could wear red and was nervous to try it so i did some research on the best color for my skin tone. I was orriginally going to buy revlon fire and ice but found it wasn't red enough, so i bought love that red and i really do love it. its sexy and powerfull.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

*** EDIT: HAHA my brother just walked in my room and said I look like the joker with red lip stick on.. despite his criticisms I think it's very fashionable and he is a 12 year old boy who doesn't understand the art of make up .. I am wearing a simple eye with black mascara and red lip stick, a classic look.. And this is a great color/formula!!!

This is my first red lip stick, as I am 19 years old and usually stick to glosses. I think that's how most girls nowadays start out: lip smackers when you're in elementary school, gloss in middle and high school, and lipstick and gloss for college or after high school! Anyway, I am really happy with my purchase, and excited to wear this bright lip stick during the day! I live in the city, so it is quite common for people to express themselves. And this lipstick turns any outfit into a fashionable one. I picture doing a cat eye and wearing this red lipstick on a night out, and during the day wearing a black and white or red and white striped shirt, skinny jeans and this bright red lip stick and messy hair! AH I am so excited for all of the possibilities! I would wear this shade year round. I like the formula a lot, although I don't have much to compare it to.. Still, I have worn enough lip sticks in other colors to know that I like revlon's formula.. Youtube guru's compare it to MAC, which is exciting..

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No