Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For only $5, the super lustrous is probably the best revlon lipsticks, with a nice creamy formula and lots of colors to choose from. This is a bright orangey red that I picked up, and although it looked like it would be too bright for my skin, it looked pretty on me. Not my ideal red lippie, but still fun to try out if you want something that will brighten up your face.For reference, I'm between an NC37 and NC42 with golden undertones.
Buy this if you want a bright red, it's only 5 bucks, so why wouldn't you?? :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I also have this nail polish colour, and I think both are fantastic. The lipstick is moisturising and is a beautiful colour. Has a nice finish - not too glossy. I'd definitely buy it again.

on 10/20/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Between this and love that pink i think they are both extremely bright almost garish, but fun, and love that red is prettier. Blotted or applied and then wiped off so it's like a stain, is how i usually use it. Good colour but you need confidence to wear it!

on 2/13/2011 8:01:00 AM

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

on 1/21/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely the brightest lipstick I've ever worn. I was looking for Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick, but CVS was out and I settled for this. It's definitely a very true red with no orange/yellow tones at all. I'm very pale, so this color is a bit shocking on me. My husband stared at me after I put it on. When I asked if he liked it, he replied with a grimace, "It's just so......bright.". On the bright side (LOL), it's a very nice formula and doesn't dry my lips out at all. It's really comfortable and wears extremely well throughout the day. After several hours of wear, it faded into a flattering mauve-berry shade. In the end, I decided to return this. I just don't think I'll wear it.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite red for a neutral bright red. No blue based tones (at least on me). This formula is great - stays on for a while without drying your lips, and no scent. I say this because the Loreal line is very moisturizing but really doesn't stay on very long - it's not as pigmented as the Loreal. Highly recommend!!!

If you DO want a blue-based red, I recommend Revlon's Certainly Red - same great pigmentation and formula, but just darker and more blue.

on 9/11/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! This may sound a little crazy, but I apply a little gloss then I put this over it. It adds a beautiful pop of color to my lip without being too harsh or bright. I don't usually use this alone (w/o the gloss) but I have found that when I do, it has great staying power. Its a little bit dry though. But I give it 5 lippies since since I love using it with my lip gloss. And its not too pricey either!

on 9/3/2010 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

For a pin up look,with a dark eyeliner,it.s perfect!love the colour!makes you look healthy and happy!love the formula,creamy,onctuous,last long.with a nice red pencil and some foundation around the lips,you got the perfect red lips!

on 6/5/2010 10:07:00 PM

this is my very first red lipstick. I didn't think I could wear red and was nervous to try it so i did some research on the best color for my skin tone. I was orriginally going to buy revlon fire and ice but found it wasn't red enough, so i bought love that red and i really do love it. its sexy and powerfull.

Popular Lipsticks