September 19, 2014 | 1817 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really loving this moisturizer. I read reviews on the Philosophy site saying that while it was an acne treatment, it was not a moisturizer. I have to disagree. My skin feels amazing after I apply this and no dry patches. It makes my foundation go on very nice as well. No flaky spots.

I like the bottle that it comes in too. It's a nice little squeezable bottle that makes it easy to dispense. I'm not a fan of the jars that you dip your fingers in like their regular moisturizer comes in.

Yes, the smell is a little funky. It's a weird "earthy" smell that is also present their other skincare products. Not sure what it is, but I don't really mind and it fades so quickly that it's not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by triplfun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim after seeing it in an Ulta store. I love it! I have the worst combination skin-aging and acne prone. This product keeps my face moist but not oily, and it has helped so much with breakouts. I normally wear it during the day, under primer and BE. So far, one jar has lasted me almost 6 months. Well worth the money, IMO!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by grubbsssy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am officially a converted Philosophy-an.. philosophite?.. Well, I just love the stuff.

I have combination, acne prone, sensitive skin. I have such a hard time finding things that work for adult acne and not give me hives too and also fight fine lines as I am at the stage to start fighting.

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!

I used to use Neutro. products and Oil of .. products (don't know if I can use actual names of products) and they all didn't work on my skin. I get break outs and more oily than ever on them.

I use Purity to wash and then this lotion. It is a light weight lotion - water based. It goes on smooth and you only need a pea sized amount to cover your face.
Okay, the smell is a little on the weird side, but it fades on my skin within minutes.
Within 2 days me, and my husband, have noticed my skin transform into a soft, even toned, facade of gorgeousness.

It has salicylic acid so it fights my acne great, but also other ingrediants to even my tone, smooth out little wrinkles, and unclog pores. it has no oil in it so my face doesn't feel greasy with it.

Trust me, I usually hate lotion, but this stuff is BOSS!! (oh yeah, I'm bringing that word back).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

It's a decent moisturizer for blemish prone skin. I love the 2% salicylic acid. The scent is a little off but not a deal breaker. I didn't notice any overall skin improvement so won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I used this for a while, it's a pretty good moisturizers, though all Philosophy moisturizers smell kinda funky at first, but if you learn to love the formula you learn to love the smell.

This was the first moisturizer I used daily. It absorbs well without feeling greasy.

One day I got a sample of Hope in a Jar and it calmed down these bumps on my forehead from an ingredient in Bare Escentuals products (Bismuth Oxycloride). Overnight, my forehead looked normal again, no bumps that looked like zits.

That's why I switched from this one to Hope in a Jar. It smelled funky(er) at first but now I associate the smell with miracle cream! I'll never stop using Hope in a Jar.

It's better packaging anyway, instead of having to try to squeeze every drop out, I tap out what I need on my middle finger.

They're both a little pricy, but I feel like the Jar one lasts longer too. Probably like six months.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's an okay moisturizer, but as far as oil control I think it works great. This has never caused me any drying or burning, but it didn't exactly hydrate my skin as well as I would have liked.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product I felt a burning sensation on application. But, after one day my face felt smoother so I continued using it. I started using it every day but with a lighter application because that burning sensation was too much. After a week of use I started noticing dry patches on my cheeks and sides of nose. The texture of my face was becoming rough and more uneven than ever. I stopped using it and it took forever to get rid of the dry patches on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by liselise1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am another person who this product really worked for. I have problem skin which is prone to breakouts. My skin is also generally very oily but some products that I have used in the past have caused me to get some very dry patches on my cheeks whilst the rest of my face is still quite oily.

On me this product is brilliant. It evens out the texture of my skin- I don't have any dry or any overly oily patches anymore and within two weeks my skin had cleared up drastically. Pretty much everyone I know commented on it and asked me what I was doing. I also love how this feels- really comfortable. I don't feel oily, I don't feel dry (past acne treatments that Ive tried made my cheeks so dry I couldn't even smile without it hurting) and my skin is controlled all day even in 40 degree (celcius) days!

Since starting to use this product about a year and a half ago I have stopped and tried a couple of different things (and everything I tried I tried for at least a month). I didn't have any problems when I stopped using the product, no side effects or anything but I came back to this product every time because I could really feel the difference.

If it wasn't for the really mixed reviews I would feel comfortable recommending this product to everyone however it seems that this only works for certain people and certain skin types. After trying pretty much everything from proactiv to prescription medication, I really believe that this is the product that has made the biggest difference to my skin. My HG for sure. If you don't want to splurge and buy this product at least see if you can get a sample because it might work for you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by CosmoGirl25

Great product especially if your combo or oily skin type and if your worried about clogged pores or breakouts look no more this product is for you. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by smerch89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely my holy grail product. I have combination skin and it seems to balance that out. Yes, I am slightly oily by the end of the day but this works better than any other moisturizer I have ever used. I steered away from this for a few days and my face was a mess I still have acne scars. Bottom line: This is a fabulous product for people who have problematic skin such as mine.