November 28, 2014 | 1837 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Black Cherry Lip Glaze

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2005 4:55:00 AM More reviews by enka

Stila Lip GLaze in Black Cherry is a sheer cold, blue-based cherry red. Although it is very pigmented, you can vary the look: Applied very thinly, it gives me the 'just bitten' look, layered and combined with lip liner it's a quite opaque cherry pink, that never turns fuschia on me. The opaque version looks great with a subtile baby pink eye make up in winter (great with a black outfit als well) and lots of black mascara, while the 'just bitten' look is nice with almost every eye makeup I do. Staying power is great for a gloss, also the shine. I really love this colour, it fits wounderfully to my cold complexion. The gloss itself is soft and silky with lots and lots of shine, but tends to bleed into my small wrinkles around my mouth. So a lipliner is strongly recommended. I'm not too found of the artificial cherry smell of the gloss. But the one thing I really hate is the click-system. I hate waiting for the right amount of colour, and the brush is too long and soft for precise application. For me, this is the main reason, why I don't use this gloss very often, although I really like the gloss by itself.
I would really appriciate this gloss in a regular gloss ward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this colour - its a real sheer dark cherry ... much more pigmented than other lip glazes. I love it!

BTW - I worked out a trick for when you over twist your lip glaze and too much comes out - i just put it (standing up on its end) on my table and in the morning the excess had run back down! PERFECT!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2005 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Clairey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip gloss, it lasts forever and gives amazing shine. It's really expensive though and the clicking system seems weird. Sometimes I only need to click a few times and other times it takes forever! I wish the price was lower, but if you feel like treating yourself try this gloss :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 8:36:00 AM More reviews by shortgirl

this is such a beautiful color and it smells so good. i don't detect any taste (thankfully!) and it seemed to last better than most glosses. i will die if stila discontinues this color! i don't really care for stila's lipglaze because they don't really show up on my lips. but this is an amazing color. i do wish it wasn't so pricey, but its def. worth every penny and i loooove it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2005 7:48:00 PM More reviews by tablet21

I love the colour of this gloss! And it smells like sour morello cherries to me!! Delicious!

I don't smell soap at all?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2005 2:59:00 PM More reviews by HappyCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I could get past the taste of soap this might be a good gloss. In general, I love stila lipglazes, but this one tastes so bad to me. The color a dark cherry or berry color has loads of pigmentation, but it turns fushia on me. Would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2004 1:54:00 AM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I asked the SA for a Blackberry Lip Glaze, but she gave me this one instead. I went back to return it, but after looking at the tester, decided to keep it. Not one I would ever pick for myself, but surpisingly flattering on my PPP self. One of the most pigmented/opaque Lip Glazes, a bright wine/berry color that smells and tastes great. This isn't an everyday color for me though, so I'll never use it up. I wish they had just lowered the prices of the the Lip Glazes a lot more, rather than sizing them up and lowering the price only slightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2004 1:08:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the color but this is the new size and I doubt I can use it all due to the faint but gross taste. WHAT a disappointment!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by CLisa

This review is for the larger size. I loved the Nordstrom Cherry lip glaze and was very saddened by its LE status, as I'm a sucker for cherry-scented lip products. This one has a great cherry flavor, a sticky texture and - gasp! - actual pigmentation. It's a very safe sheer berry tint. I love it to bits, but I still believe that the lip glazes are ridiculously overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by jan232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the smell, but numbs my lips whereas none of the others do. Color is okay but can be found cheaper.