September 1, 2014 | 1504 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo was recommended for me if I wanted to rehydrate my processed hair but all it did was weigh my hair down. It didn't lather as well as the other shampoo bars, either. It also melts very quickly in the shower and it ends up being a mushy mess. However, it has a nice scent of coconut. Maybe it's not meant for my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Msmonipenni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a massive fan of Lush and coconut products, so was really excited to try out this shampoo bar. My hair is really thick so it took quite a while to get enough of the bar broken down and into a lather to cover it all. Whereas during the wash, the lather felt silky smooth and smelt lovely, but as soon as I put my head under the shower to rinse off I could immediately feel like all the moisture had been sucked out of my hair - kind of like the tight feeling your skin gets after washing your hands with a harsh bar of soap. I added a healthy dollop of conditioner and left it in for a few minutes to counter the stripping. Now I did think that it could be that I wasn't used to the product, so I gave it a few more tries - all with the same results. I also noticed that after a few days, my scalp felt really itchy and flakey so much so that I ended up having to buy an anti-dandruff shampoo. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for people with normal to dry hair at all - as it will cause your scalp to flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I can't really pin point the smell but to me it's kinda coconutty with a hint of smoky smell. Very moisturizing. My favorite solid shampoo so far and you get a good chunk for the price. Last a very long time and can be used as soap if your in a pinch

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by alyssa7bob

To all my fellow dry-haired friends: please do not buy this. I went into Lush and asked the sales rep what they would recommend for my dry, fine hair. The sales guy enthusiastically told me all about Trichomania. I bought a small piece of it, and went home and washed my hair. Oh. My. God. After I got out of the shower, my hair was an absolute wreck. Drier than I had ever seen it, with frizzies running all the way to my roots. It had an awful sheen to it, and was so bad I had to get back into the shower and wash with my regular shampoo. After (thankfully) restoring my hair to a somewhat better state, I noticed that I had more hair falling out than usual. Argh!
I fully support the idea of this shampoo, with its yummy coconut smell and eco-friendly packaging, but in reality it is one of the worst shampoos I have ever used. Please, please, please do not waste your money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This product is moisturizing to my very thick and dry hair. The price is ok compared to LUSH's regular shampoo bars ($10-11 for 55g) vs. ($10 for 100g) for trichomania. This product lasts a decent amount of time but does melt quite quickly since it doesn't fit into any of their shampoo bar tins. When you use this product, it provides a nice creamy lather. It also has a great coconut and fruity smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a small chunk of this as a sample in an online order, and after it lasted weeks I knew I had to order a full bar. I love this shampoo - not only does it make my dry, curly hair less frizzy, it has helped decrease my dandruff and lasts forever (my bar is still going strong after 8 months of use, without being stored in any sort of container). The coconut smell is really good without being overpowering. This doesn't lather, like many of the Lush shampoos, but lather doesn't have any connection to cleansing, so don't worry if you aren't getting a lot of suds. A couple swipes along my part are plenty for me to wash my hair. I do wish this was cut so that it could fit in the Lush shampoo tins, but I haven't had issues with it despite the less-than-ideal storage. The plus side is that if you buy in store you can decide how big of a chunk you want (similar to their soaps) so you can try a small bar before deciding on a bigger piece.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this and lush and it smelled so goood, and it was for dry frizzy hair so I thought it, I brought a pretty large chunk of this as well. It's an okay shampoo but I have to use it twice or I get no lather at all ( maybe because I use a lot of products in my hair? ) I do it with most shampoos so I don't mind. It left my hair really nice and soft but still had to use a conditioner as my hair is dry and damaged. I noticed my scalp getting really itchy and my bf pointed out i had lots of little flakes of dandruff, I knew it was this so I stopped using it and they have gone. I also had the same problem with ultimate shine, I think my hair just doesn't like lush shampoos ): I reeeaaaally wanted to like this as well but I won't purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

I found it great to travel in small tupware - and a small piece been lasting so long 2 months and still not finished ... forever ...
Divine smell and cleans properly
then after starting the travels starting getting very musshy - which is ok now i just dip and take some with finger tips.

i do think makes my hair slightly heavier and with them slightly more oily - which i never experienced before - but nothing for me to panic about .

I dont know if i would buy it again cause in the end expect the little format and the good price i dont find it more practical then any other shampoos .

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

My hair: fairly normal, wavy, brunette, damaged ends, sometimes problems w/ product buildup

Trichomania smells amazing and seemed good for nourishing my hair after a series of color jobs (the hair stylist screwed up... long story). It was good for about a few months, and then all hell broke loose. No matter how little I used, it would leave buildup in my hair, and it made my hair oilier. I started to look like Severus Snape, and I haven't looked like that since 6th grade!

PROS
--- lovely coconut smell (and it's strong in the shower, too!)
--- extremely moisturizing & probably ideal for folks with extremely dry hair
--- ideal for folks with dry hair damaged from over-processing (coloring, etc.)

CONS
--- leaves buildup in normal hair (like mine)
--- will easily disintegrate if water can pool around it
--- will easily disintegrate even if it's just been in a container for a while

Overall, I would only recommend this product to someone trying to fix their hair after overprocessing it. Otherwise, for folks with average dry hair, etc., I would just steer clear of this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first ever shampoo bar. I was a bit bummed at first at the long time it took to thoroughly coat my hair (using the "rubbing the bar on the hair method") the first time I used it. However, the second time I went to use it a couple days later, after leaving it sit in one of the Lush storage tins, I found it softer and was able to "scoop" a bit our with my finger tips. It was more like a thick clay than a solid bar. I rubbed it between my hands with a bit of water, then applied to my thoroughly soaked hair. Dunked my head back under the water and it lathered perfectly.

I love the smell and, after rinsing, find it to be really cleansing. I've never tried it without conditioner, but, even when I use my normal cheap DS conditioner, my hair looks and feels better than normal, which I have to attribute to this shampoo. I would definitely repurchase, as this bar has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.