November 29, 2014 | 974 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by monkeybiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the soft coconut smell of this bar - the only thing I don't love is the shape/size. I prefer the round shampoo bars that fit neatly in the tins (I love Karma!) BUT I just asked the sales person to slice me a piece that would fit in one of the square massage bar tins and it worked out after I broke it in two...so that's ok.

it doesn't lather as well as the karma shampoo bar - but I felt like in the end its a bit more moisturizing - less "squeaky" clean feeling. either way, I add conditioner so I'm not leaving the shower with squeaky hair or I fear I wouldnt be able to comb it out! ALWAYS use conditioner, at least on ends, even with Lush shampoo bars.

I also find it crumbles a bit so that kind of bothered me because I hate waste.
either way, i'd still buy it again because it is nice, and has no packaging which I love. :)

people always stress out about how lush bars are so drying... I dont understand unless you're not using conditioner...or youre using too much of the product. you only need 3-4 swipes on fully wet hair. thats it. rinse well.
USE YOUR CONDITIONER and you won't have straw hair! I like Lush Jungle, or whatever else I have on hand.
SLS dont bother me-- i have long, fine, layered bleached, color treated and gray hairs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I'm in love with this shampoo bar. "Why not 5 lippies, then?" Well... it's just too stripping with the SLS in it. I'm in LOVE with the smell, the lather, and the ability to keep my scalp lovely after washing. I use this for shaving and body washing, too, great for removing sweat and dirt. It's a big part of my pre-dye process to strip the excess gunk (silicones, sweat, dirt, cat hair) out of my hair. It strips the hell out of my semi-permanent Manic Panic dye, though.

The largest downside to this is that it's so stripping. If the ends of my hair are dry (which they almost always are) they just frizz up and stay brittle. I try to only use this on my scalp and root area. I will buy this over and over for every other use it has for me, if not a normal shampoo. The texture can be a little much for a first-timer, but it's easy to get over that when you get used to using solid shampoos. I absolutely adore solid shampoos for longevity, ease of storage, and the easiness of storage. My best advice for any of lush's soap products (even bath bombs, melts... all the solid products, really) is to cut the chunk into more usable pieces. I like 1/4" slices since I can just rub the previous run-down piece together with the new slice and water to get it to glue together. Waste not!

I recommend this for those that don't have brittle hair or use a deep conditioner on their hair before washing. Or for those that LOVE the creamy coconut smell. It's glorious!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by violahogg

First, this shampoo is not for everyone. If you have fine or thin hair, then I wouldn't recommend this. Second, I've noticed that Lush shampoos and conditioners have a different "shower feel" than your standard fare, but the results when your hair dries is awesome. For my thick hair, it is wonderful! I use this in combination with the American Cream conditioner. When my hair dries it looks like I had a blow out, no joke, plus it smells amazing with the combination of Trichomania's coconut scent and American Cream's strawberries and cream scent. My hair can get kind of wavy, especially in humidity, but when I use this combination, it's magical. My hair becomes straight, soft, and manageable. I haven't used Trichomania with a regular conditioner and I don't use it everyday (shampooing everyday is actually bad for your hair!), but if you have thick, normal to dry hair, definitely at least get a sample of this shampoo bar from Lush (get it with American Cream, too!), try it out, and be amazed. (Note, get a container to put your shampoo bar in or else it can melt in the shower. If you keep it safe it will last much longer.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo was recommended for me if I wanted to rehydrate my processed hair but all it did was weigh my hair down. It didn't lather as well as the other shampoo bars, either. It also melts very quickly in the shower and it ends up being a mushy mess. However, it has a nice scent of coconut. Maybe it's not meant for my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Msmonipenni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a massive fan of Lush and coconut products, so was really excited to try out this shampoo bar. My hair is really thick so it took quite a while to get enough of the bar broken down and into a lather to cover it all. Whereas during the wash, the lather felt silky smooth and smelt lovely, but as soon as I put my head under the shower to rinse off I could immediately feel like all the moisture had been sucked out of my hair - kind of like the tight feeling your skin gets after washing your hands with a harsh bar of soap. I added a healthy dollop of conditioner and left it in for a few minutes to counter the stripping. Now I did think that it could be that I wasn't used to the product, so I gave it a few more tries - all with the same results. I also noticed that after a few days, my scalp felt really itchy and flakey so much so that I ended up having to buy an anti-dandruff shampoo. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for people with normal to dry hair at all - as it will cause your scalp to flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I can't really pin point the smell but to me it's kinda coconutty with a hint of smoky smell. Very moisturizing. My favorite solid shampoo so far and you get a good chunk for the price. Last a very long time and can be used as soap if your in a pinch

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by alyssa7bob

To all my fellow dry-haired friends: please do not buy this. I went into Lush and asked the sales rep what they would recommend for my dry, fine hair. The sales guy enthusiastically told me all about Trichomania. I bought a small piece of it, and went home and washed my hair. Oh. My. God. After I got out of the shower, my hair was an absolute wreck. Drier than I had ever seen it, with frizzies running all the way to my roots. It had an awful sheen to it, and was so bad I had to get back into the shower and wash with my regular shampoo. After (thankfully) restoring my hair to a somewhat better state, I noticed that I had more hair falling out than usual. Argh!
I fully support the idea of this shampoo, with its yummy coconut smell and eco-friendly packaging, but in reality it is one of the worst shampoos I have ever used. Please, please, please do not waste your money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This product is moisturizing to my very thick and dry hair. The price is ok compared to LUSH's regular shampoo bars ($10-11 for 55g) vs. ($10 for 100g) for trichomania. This product lasts a decent amount of time but does melt quite quickly since it doesn't fit into any of their shampoo bar tins. When you use this product, it provides a nice creamy lather. It also has a great coconut and fruity smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a small chunk of this as a sample in an online order, and after it lasted weeks I knew I had to order a full bar. I love this shampoo - not only does it make my dry, curly hair less frizzy, it has helped decrease my dandruff and lasts forever (my bar is still going strong after 8 months of use, without being stored in any sort of container). The coconut smell is really good without being overpowering. This doesn't lather, like many of the Lush shampoos, but lather doesn't have any connection to cleansing, so don't worry if you aren't getting a lot of suds. A couple swipes along my part are plenty for me to wash my hair. I do wish this was cut so that it could fit in the Lush shampoo tins, but I haven't had issues with it despite the less-than-ideal storage. The plus side is that if you buy in store you can decide how big of a chunk you want (similar to their soaps) so you can try a small bar before deciding on a bigger piece.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this and lush and it smelled so goood, and it was for dry frizzy hair so I thought it, I brought a pretty large chunk of this as well. It's an okay shampoo but I have to use it twice or I get no lather at all ( maybe because I use a lot of products in my hair? ) I do it with most shampoos so I don't mind. It left my hair really nice and soft but still had to use a conditioner as my hair is dry and damaged. I noticed my scalp getting really itchy and my bf pointed out i had lots of little flakes of dandruff, I knew it was this so I stopped using it and they have gone. I also had the same problem with ultimate shine, I think my hair just doesn't like lush shampoos ): I reeeaaaally wanted to like this as well but I won't purchase it again.