April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by AspenSophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this when I was living in London about 3 years ago. I'm from Florida and never had dry skin in my life but with the move my hands were almost peeling.
This was the hand cream my co-workers used so I tried it out and loved how it made my hands feel soft but not greasy. This literally healed my hands in just a few uses,
In the meantime I moved back to FL but I kept wearing this and my hands are softer than they ever were.
I agree with the complaints regarding the packaging and price but the results make it worth it for me.
I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most amazing hand cream ever!! Makes my hands so soft and helps keep my nails and cuticles healthy. My cuticles are always ragged and splitting, but since using this I have noticed a huge difference. My nails grow longer and stronger now because my cuticles are so healthy. Hands stay soft and moisturized. Cream is light but thick enough for the harsh winter months. Packaging sucks though! It used to be in a plastic tube, then they changed to those aluminum painters tubes. Makes it impossible to get all the product out. Near the end of the bottles I usually cut them in half to get everything out then wrap with Saran so it doesn't dry out, but this tube is a soft metal and when I cut my last tube I almost sliced my finger opened trying to get into it. I'll continue to use because it works amazing but I hate the tube!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hand cream. I have no idea why they had to go and change the packaging though... it's awful! What was wrong with the plastic tube anyway!? It was fine.

The metal tube (why did they go back to using these things!? If they're going for the retro angle, they can forget it, it's just not practical!) gets squished, it's terrible to travel with, it doesn't stand up on your dressing table/vanity area, it starts to get rusty and mangled when you're not even half way through it, it's difficult to get the very last of the product out of it, I've had the tiny little cap get lost so many times and have had it actually break on me once rendering the thing unusable so I had to wrap it in cling wrap!, I even bought their Christmas set of the Almond Oil hand wash and hand cream just so I could re-use the big pump bottle that it came in for decanting it out of these horrible tinny tubes! I also bought a couple of the old discontinued tubes of this for 8 bucks or whatever when they were trying to get rid of them but I'm just about to run out of these now.... nooooo!....

Bring back the old sensible, practical plastic packaging please Body Shop! I'm begging you! These metal tubes are the worst.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried the almond hand and nail butter prior to this, and I think I'll stick to the butter next time. The cream is slightly more watery compared to the butter, which is fine by me. The scent is a lil diff too, I prefer the butter's cause this smells a lil strange. As with the butter, this cream gets absorbed really quickly yet moisturizes well, which is good. The absolute minus point is the awful packaging. The foil packaging is easy to get pressed on when you carry it around in your bag, and this results in a lot of cream being squeezed out the moment you uncap it. I bought a hard case specifically to place this cream inside so that I don't get any unwanted excess amount when I open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by vmajor2387

This hand cream is fabulous! The scent is a little off-putting at first; I would say a little bit old lady like... but it has really grown on me and I've come to appreciate it.
Where consistency is concerned this stuff is right on the mark - not too thick and very easily absorbed. The texture is light but the cream's effectiveness is not at all compromised. I am already on my second tube from this - and I definitely will repurchase once it is done!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by terrortwigg

I really like this hand cream, I will probably purchase the hand and nail butter next time, because the packaging of this cream is so awful. It comes in the foil packaging, which is nice because you can really get every last drop. However, the cream kinda squeezes itself out, so you get some crusty bits around the lid, as well as sometimes too much cream. My tube had a HUGE AIR BUBBLE in it!!!!! I went to get a normal little dime size amount, and not only did a giant glob shoot out and get everywhere, but suddenly I had lost a huge amount of product because it was just air in the packaging! I felt kinda cheated. So, like the cream, packaging is horrendous.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by ketu86

I got this through a relative, she got it as a gift and doesn't use hand cream and gave it to me. Mine came in a foil packaging like L'Occitanes but this one doesn't compare :P I like this packaging because you can really squeeze every last bit of the cream out by rolling the top down.

It has a strong scent which is nice but it's slightly different to the Almond body butter that Body Shop used to do and it's not as nice.

The texture is thin, I prefer thick hand creams generally as I have very dry hands with eczema and I find thicker hand creams moisturise better. However, this cream did moisturise ok, I would have liked it to be a little thicker to moisturise enough for me. It also left my hands feeling greasy. 100ml lasted me 7 months which is pretty good. I looked up the price and it's reasonable however because of the quality, it's not cheap enough for me to want to repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I had been having problems with my nails peeling for a while and there seemed to be nothing I could do to remedy it. I stopped painting my nails, tried taking vitamin supplements, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I happened to come across this hand cream one day while browsing the shop and decided to give it a try. I have been using it now for a little over and month and my nails have NOT peeled since! HALLELUJAH! I never would have thought that a simple hand cream would be the answer to one of my longest on going problems. This also does a fantastic job at moisturizing my frequently washed hands (I am a germaphobe) without leaving my skin feeling greasy or heavy. At first, I was afraid that the almond scent would have been a little off putting, but it smells light and fresh. This is a miracle/holy grail product for me.

The only thing I do not like about this hand cream is the packaging. I wish it wasn't in the tin tube because I can't carry it in my purse without it getting smashed out of shape and causing a lot of the product to gush out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by shoelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a hand creme person, but I really like this product! I use gloves a lot at work, so it was important for me to get something that sinks in fast and doesn't leave any residue. This product does just that! There is a subtle almond smell that is slightly synthetic but I don't mind it, and I like the texture - light but not watery or greasy. My hands feel moisturized for most of the day after use. The packaging makes it really convenient to dispense product and to carry it around in a med-large purse. I got it during a half-off promotion at $10 for 100 mL. Not sure if I would purchase it for full price, but as I mentioned before, I'm not a big moisturizer junkie to begin with.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

I like the scent and texture of this hand cream. I'm a big almond fan, and the smell of this product is neither too synthetic nor too strong. It is more a lotion concistency than a cream, which makes it easy to distribute and quick to soak into my skin and leaves it soft and silky.

This is a product for "all skin types" in contrast to TBS' other hand cream for dry skin. I expected this cream to be moisturizing, but not a life saver for super dry hands. As my hands are not really dry at this time of year, I find that this cream moisturizes them sufficciently. I would believe, however, that this might not be moisturizing enough for very dry handd. I am also unsure that this is a super cream for cuticles, after some days using this cream, my cuticles are not as dry as they used to be, but they could be better.

When I apply this cream to my hands, my skin get a faint tingly feeling. I'm suspecting that I'm having some kind of allergic reaction to it, but I have yet to develop redness or itchyness.

The worst thing about this hand cream is the packaging. The large metallic tube is highly impractical if you want to carry it around with you. And the cap is plainly idiotic - it's really hard to get on right, and you might end up with cream all over your purse!