September 20, 2014 | 951 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

Honey I Washed the Kids was one of my first purchases from LUSH that started my addiction to the brand. That was about four years ago. I still purchase a chunk of this soap every time I am in the store to this day. It is an absolute must have.

I love the smell of HIWTK. Like honey, obviously, mixed with caramel and good enough to eat. It's so sweet but not in a sickly or overpowering kind of way.

It also leaves my skin feeling really clean after using. (If I am being honest, however, I do not know where I have been for the last four years, living under a rock I guess, because I did not know It's Raining Men have the same scent as this soap; well since I discovered that, I no longer use this in the shower). Before I switched over to the shower gel, I used this soap religiously and my only complaint about it is that while it smells amazing on the soap and while you are using it in the shower, the smell does not linger. It's a bit disappointing.

I find this to be better buy than many of other soaps LUSH makes for two really important reasons: 1. It creates a decent lather without too much work, and 2. It does not seem to melt as fast as many of the other soaps do. So I have before, and will continue to repurchase this since it is definitely one of my all time favorite bar soaps.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't discovered Lush until just recently! I absolutely love the store. I think their minimalist packaging, recycling protocols and natural ingredients are what drew me to this store in the first place. One of my first purchases was this soap and I must say it smells absolutely divine!! I feel as if I have thrown myself into a tub of honey and have been coated with caramelised sugar. The only downside is that like other reviewers have mentioned this soap melts away so quickly and it is quite expensive. I cut up the bar of soap into smaller pieces, this way I feel it lasts longer and doesn't get icky. I would definitely repurchase however, maybe only as a treat as it is quite expensive for a product that doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by danski1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

This soap is simply divine, I'm not usually a fan of honey/caramel aromas but this has a really fresh, clean scent to it that's almost good enough to eat! The smell fills the whole bathroom when you use it, and it lingers on the skin in a subtle, refreshing way.

The soap lathers really well and I haven't found it drying or irritating on he skin. My only criticism is that it doesn't last very long, I think this could be due to my boyfriend sneakily using it at every given opportunity!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Raeganbrooke98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

All time favorite lush soap it smell lovely rich and buttery kinda carmely something that you imagined pooh eating its not everyone's cup of tea but I love it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't get all the hype about this soap. First, I used it in the shower and I didn't like it. It was so drying. Now I am trying to use it up by washing my hands with it, and i still don't like it. It isn't that drying on the hands, but I just don't. And yes, I don't like the smell either, just not my cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Christa26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fav Lush soap so far. My son loves it as well. I am particular about what I give him to use because he has eczema. His skin does very well with this soap and all Lush products. This soap smells delicious and is cute too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Jenghes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this soap! The smell is heavenly and lingers. I don't find it drying at all. I can't wait to try other Lush soaps.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased a bunch of other Lush products and the cashier gave me a small sample of this to try. A lot of people love the smell but my super-sensitive nose doesn't like it: it smells like a fake dirty (almost sweaty) version of honey and caramel and I couldn't sniff for more than just a few seconds.
Didn't try it on the bath to be honest,I threw it in the bin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this product but I didn't 'love' it. So the scent is quite lovely(smells of honey and sweetness). When I was in the shower and I was applying this soap to my body, it felt real nice and it glided across easily, but when I finished in the shower and I came out to dry myself, I realised that my skin felt a bit tight. After I was completely dry it started to feel okay again but then I came to notice that I was starting to feel veryitchy! (I have sensitive skin).i realised my eczema started to come back.So I've come to conclude that this product smells nice & feels okay on the skin but it made my eczema flare up!! If you have eczema or sensitive skin, this soap isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for my baby and for me. I don't have any problems with this being drying, it is very moisturizing for us but then I don't have extremely dry skin. In fact, I usually use Lush's King of Skin moisturizing bar after I shower and I barely needed it. The smell doesn't linger to long unfortunately. It reminds me a bit of Silky Underwear so I use them together. I am very careful with the usage so I get a lot from this bar. I store it in a ziplock with a paper towel in there and take it out to use a few swipes in the shower and then put back on the paper towel out of the shower to dry. A few swipes is all I need to use as it spreads easily. I won't say lather because it doesn't really do that as many Lush soaps are this way, but it works to clean and moisturize. I love it for everyday use. It's pricey but I use it carefully and don't let it melt.